I Feel Very, Very Sad Right Now

I'll be losing my job at the end of July as the firm I work for is closing down.

I love my job and I love working for those people, I can fully understand

their reasons but nevertheless feel very sad.

Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

Hello

I am sooooo sorry to hear of you losing your job lol !!!Woman Sad

Hope that you are able to find something as good as your last job soon that will give you the same sense of satisfaction & joy Woman Wink

Do not let it spoil your Easter Holidays with your loved ones

Regards !! Woman Happy

Message 2 of 29
See Most Recent

Aw, fishie!!  Woman Sad   I know how much you loved that job, I could tell by the way you 'spoke' about it.  You sounded extremely good at it too.  I hope you can find something you enjoy as much.  Whichever company you join next, they'll be lucky to get you and I hope they realise it!!

Good luck for the future.XX.

Message 3 of 29
See Most Recent

Oh I'm so sorry to hear your losing your job, keep your chin-up !

**********Sam**********
Message 4 of 29
See Most Recent

Oh thanks people for your nice comments.  I know some folk are

enduring far worse so I shouldn't complain and I shall be carrying on

until the end of July.  My boss said I will go very highly recommended

by them and will receive some redundancy, so that's nice to know. 

It's just thinking about all the friends I've made, both my colleagues

and people who've become "my" regulars that makes it sad.

I guess the right thing will happen though, I'llhave to wait and see

what that is.

Message 5 of 29
See Most Recent

Aww fishie...I'm so sorry...as CG says, we know much you enjoy your job, because of all the stories we hear.

Everything happens for a reason...wait & see what's round the corner heart

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 6 of 29
See Most Recent

Oh what a shame Fishy. We all know what it meant to you. I hope you can find a other job that you will feel as happy in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 29
See Most Recent

that is sad  Fishy,  hope you find something that makes you happy, im sure you have a good rep amongst other drivers/firms   if you decide not to continue driving coaches what would you like to do? 

sadly its not  the only firm thats shut, we had a couple local ones close in the last few years

the government dont make it easy to run coaches cheaply, there dont seem to be the incentives they  need

and  there is little enough money in the public sector for schools to be doing the trips they did, even with parents having to pay what seems very high costs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 8 of 29
See Most Recent

Sorry to hear that Fishy, redundancy is never fun, especially when it’s a company coming to the end of its life; but you know without endings, it’s hard to find space for new beginnings.

Message 9 of 29
See Most Recent

Perhaps with you redundancy pay fishie,  you could buy a little coach and pick up all the people you used to.  After all, they probably still need to go to the places you used to take them!!

We have a similar thing round here.....Bruce's Bus.  He takes all sorts of people to all sorts of places, even on joy rides to the sea side!  Woman LOL

Message 10 of 29
See Most Recent

If you can`t find another coach company, maybe your local bus company is looking for drivers.

I drove buses for Firstbus on local city routes for nearly 11 years before retiring and loved every minute of it.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 29
See Most Recent

Im so sorry to hear about you losing your job Fishy. Its a horrible feeling especially when you love the job and everything. Oohhhh dear. You will find something else,,,,you must not let it get you down please!. You will be ok,,you seem very efficient so some company will be gaining an awful lot when they get you!!. Hugs ((())) ((())).

Woman Sad

Message 12 of 29
See Most Recent

Sorry Fishy sad news for you, as you obviously enjoy what you do, wishing you all the best.          

Message 13 of 29
See Most Recent

Sorry to hear this.  HOpefully something will turn up to suit you

Photobucket
Message 14 of 29
See Most Recent

Sorry to hear this fishy, i know it has been very quiet, my husband has been working in the yard a lot of the time,

Message 15 of 29
See Most Recent

Sorry to read about your sad news Fishy.  You must feel awful.  Surely, there must be another company who will take you on.  As has already been said, we all know how much you love the job.

Hope that you find something else soon.

(((((Fishy)))))

Message 16 of 29
See Most Recent

Awww no fishy so sorry that your to lose your lovely job

I know how much you love it and the people you meet.

Hope you find something else really soon that you'll enjoy just as much and hopefully you can stay in touch with people and meet even more new friends wherever you go

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 17 of 29
See Most Recent

Gosh, thank you all, you are so kind.

I do feel bad having a moan as I know there are people out there with far worse

stuff to contend with.  I've been out today looking for something to wear to a

relative's funeral as the thing I usually wear is two sizes too big!  I haven't found

anything though, but managed to find loads of totally irrelevant stuff that I

liked but managed to resist temptation to buy it!  When all else fails, go shopping!

Don't worry about me though, I'll get over it and I guess somebody will put up with

me!  There aren't many local coach firms left in our area now and a couple that

are are very dodgy.  "Are are" - I know that isn't good grammar but I guess you know

what I mean.

Message 18 of 29
See Most Recent

Sorry to hear your news, I hope that you find something suitable very soon

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 19 of 29
See Most Recent

oh sorry fishy, thats such a shame, especially as you love the job so much.

you are not moaning, you are just sharing your sadness with us, you know we all do that, that's what we are here for!!!!

I'm sure something will come along soon, your reputation will go before you, and everyone will want to employ you.....

remember, it's the fickle finger of fate...happy tiger smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 20 of 29
See Most Recent