Here you go Sam, What hand creams do people use?

I use Nivea coco butter hand cream, it smells lovely.

When my son was little I had really bad hands from using the bottle steriliser fluid and used something in a little round yellow pot, and it was brilliant, I can't remember what it was called though, it was recommended by the health visiter.

Message 1 of 52
See Most Recent
51 REPLIES 51

was the little round yellow pot atrixo or something similar

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 2 of 52
See Most Recent

Bless you Ed! My problem I think is because I wear latex gloves , but also spend a lot of time washing my hands in cold water outside in all weathers, I used to use N******Gena but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

**********Sam**********
Message 3 of 52
See Most Recent

It could have been cookie, it wasn't very expensive, it had no fragrance and left sort of  a protective layer on my hands, I remember it took about a week to start doing any good, but after that it was great.  My hands before were sore and split.  It was 22 years ago though, say it quickly Vic say it quickly. how long.

Message 4 of 52
See Most Recent

Aaaah twenty years ago! When we didn't have to worry if we used creams or not, & nothing hurt in the mornings, you could go all day without anything to eat, & go out at night . JHC, I'm depressing myself now! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 5 of 52
See Most Recent

tthe norweigan fishermans stuff was good

ie bee n using a  q10 ? i picked up in one of the £1 shops    but have just chucked the empty one in the  bin

i use vaseline at night, i always try to put lots on before i do any gardening as the dirt doesnt seem to get so ingrained

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 6 of 52
See Most Recent

This is what you need. It's brilliant. http://udderlysmooth.co.uk/ Don't be put off by the name.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 52
See Most Recent

Yes I think it's the Norwegian one I used to use, & I always use Vaseline on my lips in winter it's a good barrier but a bit too slippy on my hands for daytime use.

**********Sam**********
Message 8 of 52
See Most Recent

I use Palmers Cocoa Butter,,its for body really but its so silky smooth and Gorgeous smelling. I think The Neutrogena Swiss hand creams are quite good aswell , you dont need a lot just a smidgen and it goes a long way. Astral is another good one.Woman Happy

Message 9 of 52
See Most Recent

That's sounds like a good one I've never heard of it, Thanks!

**********Sam**********
Message 10 of 52
See Most Recent

I think i made a mistake,,i think the Neutrogena is Norwegian as someone mentioned it above. DOH!!!!.

Message 11 of 52
See Most Recent

Do try the Udderly Smooth, it's really amazing stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 12 of 52
See Most Recent

I can well believe that Maggie as hubby swore by the udder cream he used when milking goats.  His hands were never softer.  Woman Embarassed

Message 13 of 52
See Most Recent

It reminds me of the Hair Stuff Mane and Tail,,its used on Horses but humans use it too for hair. I used to its lovely!!.

Message 14 of 52
See Most Recent

Some quilt shops sell it as handling fabric is very drying for the hands. I think it's fantastic.

Message 15 of 52
See Most Recent

I have always used Avon Rose and glycerin. I love it but I will try that udderly one out of curiosity 🙂

Message 16 of 52
See Most Recent

I use a royal jelly one ( think it's marksies) or, henna one from the body shop..
Message 17 of 52
See Most Recent

I use Nature's Gift Gardener's Handcream - my hands get very dry as I'm handling papers all day, and I never use gloves for cleaning or gardening, which doesn't help.  

When I used to be a cleaner, I used Vaseline overnight, which left my hands really soft and smooth - even better if you can get a pair of cheap cotton gloves to put over the top: that way it doen't go all over the bed clothes.  Olive oil is also very good overnight - my first career was in archaeology, and my hands would get seriously cracked and nasty, especially in the UK because they were always wet, and soaking them in warm oil (actually, probably any kind would do, except engine oil!) in the evening and then wrapping them in clingfilm was always my weekend treat - during the week, I'd just whop some oil on after cooking.  It leaves them a bit greasy afterwards, but really helped keep them soft and crack free.

And don't you have sheep, Sam?  How about the lanolin from the wool?  I always used to get really soft hands after lambing, though the lanolin would itch like anything...

Message 18 of 52
See Most Recent

soap and glory is fantastic stuff too, as it's water based and doesn't leave your hands all greasy. I always forget to put the stuff on though...

my thumbs crack open as carrier bags are very drying to the skin, I use G*rmolene liquid skin on those cracks, it works wonders...stings a bit though!

Photobucket

Message 19 of 52
See Most Recent

I use mainly the Jason products (with little squiggles on the A and O). They contain no parabens or phlalates.

Use the Lavender hand cream at night and sometimes during the day - the Hemp hand cream occasionally as a kind of barrier cream.

(also use their shampoo and conditioner.

I also indulge in other brands from time to time - currenly using some tisserand intenstive hand and nail, and rose blend - but that's mostly 'cos it was on offer and I do love the smells.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 20 of 52
See Most Recent