Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

I am bloomin fed up with duvets.

I have just spent 2 hours sorting out my airing cupboard, you know the drill, open the door and everything falls out so there comes a time it has to be sorted. Because we have just changed over to summer duvets, I needed to put the winter ones away, ...

Look at my beautiful flowers

These little beauties are Aquilegias and I have hundreds in my garden of all different colours, I have about 10 different colours ,the first one is a pale blue, and the other one dark pink and cream. They are so pretty, sadly when they dye off they l...

P1016140.JPG P1016143.JPG

No comments on Charles' faux pas?

It used to be his father, Nick the Greek who was famous for indiscretions remarks. Now it seems Charles is a chip off the old block! If it came from the mouth of a naive eighteen year old kid, people would just dismiss it, but good God, Charles is no...

A favour please

Hi, I wonder if you kind folks would help me out. I wouldn't want anyone to go out of their way or to make a special trip, but if you happen to be passing Boots the chemist please could you pop in for me. The item I need is Boots own brand essentials...

Having a Shower Fitted

Due to disability, I am unable to get in and out of the bath, so asked council if I could have a shower instead. Went for assessment in March, and they agreed I needed a level access shower and said it would be done in about 6 months, which would be ...

Water Story

I have to ask this. Is there anyone on here who always fills their kettle from the Hot tap rather than from the cold because of the cold water tasting funny?. My friend said it was Fluoride the other day but im not sure about that. The Hot tap never ...

Nice and quiet?

I am of the Window 3.1 era where a floppy disc was just that, at 3.5" - flopppy. I then upgraded to 3.11. Showing my age, aren't I During that period I had neither the internet nor sound. I used it purely as a word processor for creative writing purp...

Any cat owners?? Advice please....

Hello,We have adopted a lovely 2 year old female domestic long haired cat from the rescue centre, she had been found wandering the moors with her 2 kittens before being taken to the rescue centre, where she was for 6 months.We were told she liked a m...

Wednesdays wonderfully warm Tea

Well today has been beautiful, not as the weatherman said, so I have been washing like the devil, all out on the line now, so fingers crossed we don't have a shower. Tonight we are having sausages, mash, peas and carrots with onion gravy. OH is worki...

Oooop....doh....and oooerrr...

....well I feel a bit of a t*t actually.....potted up a peony for a girl in work, taking it along to the kitchen didn't I go and trip up the step,it's quite high, caught my croc on the lip of the step and fell full length into the kitchen...squished ...

embarrased 3 smiley.gif

Well hello all ..................

Okay okay I know I've been missing in action but really did'nt expect to come back to a million messages and a"Where's Stan" thread. Nothing exciting sorry folks just got conned into replacing a colleague on a conference week then a tour of branches ...

images.jpg

Customer service does it exist.

Was due to have engineer come to set up new fibre optic broadband and TV between 1 and 6pm today, no one came call had been cancelled at 4.45pm but they didn't ring me. Rang their help number someone going to ring back in 10 minutes now 25 minutes. C...

This is spooky.......

A few months ago, I read a book called "House Of Bones" which really scared me! Anyway, when I had finished it, I put it on top of a chest of drawers ready for the charity shop; for some unknown reason, it has fallen on the floor on 4 occasions, the ...

Saturdays sunsoaked sumptuousness

*skids in out of breath* Wow busy day, gardening nearly forgot....... We had Pizza, salad, onion rings, and chicken wings. with trifle for afters, yum yum, really needed that, been out side all day, feel tired now too much fresh air, off to do ironin...

Wedding Date

Well eldest son has just phoned and it is a christmas wedding, 21st Dec. I thought it was going to be next April, the question is what do i wear? had ideas for a spring wedding, but no idea about a winter one and the reception is in the middle of the...