Here you go Sam, What hand creams do people use?

I use Nivea coco butter hand cream, it smells lovely.

When my son was little I had really bad hands from using the bottle steriliser fluid and used something in a little round yellow pot, and it was brilliant, I can't remember what it was called though, it was recommended by the health visiter.

Message 1 of 52
See Most Recent
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Here you go Sam, What hand creams do people use?

lol. Basting a chuck came into mind when you first said it but I didn't like to say, so it's nice to hear I'm not the only one with a strange sense of humour, lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 41 of 52
See Most Recent

Ooooh clever lady I'm afraid that's something I hate doing !.

**********Sam**********
Message 42 of 52
See Most Recent

I used to always use the Norwegian formula one (cos I love Norwegians, lol)
but more recently I have used Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, though why they call it a cream is beyond me!! It is gooey, like posh vaseline. And so, it's too shiny for daytimes but I sometimes use it as a rescue attempt when my hands get horridly dry.

However, I have discovered something else now, a roll-on breathable masque that works overnight. It really works well on hands, but it's slightly more expensive than using Elizabeth Arden. So I alternate and my hands are looking good.
Message 43 of 52
See Most Recent

Either Faith in Nature hand cream or Weleda Skin Food, both natural and lovely:-)
Message 44 of 52
See Most Recent

Well, my thanks to all who recommended the Udderly hand cream.  I ordered the hand and body lotion with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E and it came yesterday.

I have used it this morning and my hands were a right mess, from gardening and painting and it's magic Woman Happy    No more of the French one in this house 

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 45 of 52
See Most Recent

It was me Carol. It's pretty good isn't it.Woman Happy Not got any myself at the moment but I will have to order some now gardening weather is apon us. I find soap very drying on the hands. So glad you like it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 46 of 52
See Most Recent

Maggie, you made me chuckle about the udderly lotion. When i was little we used to use some cream that was used on the farm, it was known as cow bag ointment, think it was something that they used to put on their udders, it was a really good healing cream

Message 47 of 52
See Most Recent

Lol! It has moved on a bit from then Ruth & is now a very big seller with some gorgeous creams & lotions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 48 of 52
See Most Recent

Ruth, I will try to find an empty pot/little container and send you some, it really is that good, thanks Maggie heart

Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 49 of 52
See Most Recent

I use The Fragrant Gardener, from Norfolk Lavender Ltd. It's a big pot, 250 ml, and has lasted for ages as you don't need a lot.  I had another good one, Nivea SOS I think it was called, but it ran out and I can't find it in the shops, can't remember where I bought it.  I thought Nivea was sold everywhere! Anyone seen it?

Message 50 of 52
See Most Recent

They sell it on Ebay, Amazon, Superdrug, Boots. How hard have you looked! lol

Message 51 of 52
See Most Recent

You mean you can buy things on the internet???? Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs 😉

Message 52 of 52
See Most Recent