Grocery delivery substitutions

Just had my order delivered with a couple of substitutions

2 loaves of stay fresh bread was ordered, they sent ordinary, no problem there

I also ordered a 500g packet of ground rice.  What did they send instead.

A box of 8 meringue nests.

Anyone else had any odd substitutions.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 24
See Most Recent
23 REPLIES 23

Never had anything too odd in the subs but I once asked for what I thought was ONE kilo of pea pods.  What turned up in a bag with a nice little price label on....ONE PEA POD!!!   Woman LOL

Message 2 of 24
See Most Recent

lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 3 of 24
See Most Recent

I had a beef roasting joint sent when I wanted a pack of sliced cooked roast beef for my husbands sandwiches. I also had a bread mix sent instead of a wholemeal loaf

Message 4 of 24
See Most Recent

I have not had any weird ones in mine but LOOOOLL, ha ha ha ha .Woman LOL

Message 5 of 24
See Most Recent

A pkt of custard was replaced by a pkt of semolina. hmmm, apple crumble and semolina? I think notSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 24
See Most Recent

A couple of others I have had in the past.

Set of inks for the printer was replaced with a set for different printer

I gave those back to the driver and was refunded

Fiction Feast magazine replaced with a weight watchers magazine

I gave that back too

Apart from these oddities, I find the online ordering and delivery very convenient and helpful to me, as I am disabled.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 24
See Most Recent

I don't shop on line but I once asked hubby to get some fresh tomatoes from the shop to have for tea.....I was preparing a salad in front of him when I asked.....

He came back with tinned carrots because the tomatoes looked 'a bit iffy'.....smilie rolling on floor laffing.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 8 of 24
See Most Recent

Oh Twishy, I've got one like that, asked my OH to get something for pudding the other day and he came back with 2 bars of Cadburies Turkish delight.

Just had my shopping delivered - ta dah - no subs.      This is the 4th week in a row I have had no subs, pat on the back for home shopping, and the guys that fill the shelves.

The last sub I had was,  I ordered 2 packs of tiny easter bunnies at £1.00 each or 2 for £1.50 and what did I get 2 Kinder suprise bunnies at £3.00 each and they price matched. woo hoo. Couldn't do what I wanted but gave them to my friends grandaughter instead and then got the bunnies when I went in the shop next.

I think I have only ever had one weird one and that was, I ordered 4 chelsea buns and was sent a swiss roll. But that is nothing major.

I love home shopping and I manage to keep my spending right down, if I go in the shop I buy all sorts of rubbish I didn't need. The one good thing is you can right in what you want as a sub and that should avoid weird ones.

Message 9 of 24
See Most Recent

as I work on .com I have just one favour to ask of you all....

will you please leave a message on your order and ask for a substitute, this way if we have to sub you should get what you want.winking smiley.gif

the substitution system is written into the scanner, we have had an order to replace a toothbrush with a comb!!!! now that's not us. We can over-ride it but if someone isn't used to .com they go with the order!!doh smiley.gif

Cor, Ed, what a fab store you've got. I just want to wring the neck of whoever it is who keeps altering our mod endsscream smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 10 of 24
See Most Recent

Once ordered a dipping sauce and they sent the same flavour crisps.  Have had all sorts of stuff substituted. Some good, some insoired, some interesting.

Message 11 of 24
See Most Recent

Captain, you all do a grand job, and so do the drivers. Can`t fault mine, they bring it right into the kitchen

I pay up front for delivery and save money.

The store I use (T***o) has recently reduced delivery charges so I save even more

They have also reduced the minimum shop from £40 to £25

Photobucket
Message 12 of 24
See Most Recent

yes, Mustard, I saw today the rates had dropped, down to as low as £1!!!!

I've very tempted I must say, save me doing the shopping, well I know I'm doing shopping all morning anyway, but somehow doing my own is the pits. I'm not allowed to pick my own shop.

Thankyou for your nice words too, it's nice to be appreciated. We only have one customer who has ever sent us a card at Christmas, out of the thousands we serve!!!

Photobucket

Message 13 of 24
See Most Recent

They have dropped to £1 to try & compete with Asda.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 14 of 24
See Most Recent

I can't see how they make it pay, the vans to maintain, the fuel, the driver's wages, the pickers having to do more work, whether that's longer hours =overtime or employing more pickers.  Especially when reducing the minimum shop to £25 too!  Something's gonna have to give...................probably Capts hoofs!!  Woman Sad

Message 15 of 24
See Most Recent

Apparantly they are the only online grocery store to make a profit, so they must be doing something right.

They just cut the hours from everywhere else, in our store Dot Com is god, and nothing is as important as them, no offence caps.

By the way I always drop in a tin of choccies to our guys to say thank you at christmas.

Message 16 of 24
See Most Recent

I've only done online shopping once and I didn't do very well.  Firstly it came in about

45 carrier bags, each with only one or two things in.  I'd asked for what I thought was

a bunch of bananas and got one lonely little nanna in a carrier bag!  It took me so long

to do it I could have gone to Sainsbury's on the bus and brought one item back at a time

quicker!

Also I like to see my shopping and feel it.

Message 17 of 24
See Most Recent

Fishie the mushroom stroking,avocado fondler.....smilie girlie high five.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 18 of 24
See Most Recent

I must admit that I prefer to do my own shopping.  I always take my mum food shopping on a Wednesday morning because it gets mum out of the house.

Message 19 of 24
See Most Recent

Not for me thank you!!  Shopping that is, not getting it delivered.  I hate shopping of any kind, especially food shopping. I've not been food shopping once in over a year now!

Message 20 of 24
See Most Recent