Grocery delivery substitutions

Just had my order delivered with a couple of substitutions

2 loaves of stay fresh bread was ordered, they sent ordinary, no problem there

I also ordered a 500g packet of ground rice.  What did they send instead.

A box of 8 meringue nests.

Anyone else had any odd substitutions.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 24
See Most Recent
23 REPLIES 23

I don't like food shopping but I prefer it to having it delivered.

Message 21 of 24
See Most Recent

crikey Ed, that's a first! We are stuffed into a wee corner of the warehouse, we have the cupboard with the PDA thingies in so the guys are always in the way, it's also the main thorofare to the back stairs and the life!!! we've been promised all kinds of space over the years and it's come to nothing.

as for more staff that's a lark, everytime someone goes off our dept, they never replace them and our orders are going up and up all the time. We are desparate for more staff, we need at least 3 but they won't give us even one.

Do your multi skilled ever have to go and do .com shops?

Photobucket

Message 22 of 24
See Most Recent

Our picking is done mostly by multi skillers, from all departments, we only have a handful of regular guys picking, and we have just had 2 more vans and been given a larger area to cover, all other departments suffer because of this, and it does cause resentment in store because everyone is helping them and not doing their own jobs,  we get told off if we don't do our work even though we have been on dot com.  They obviously know what they are doing, mmmm. We don't take staff on they just move them around, checkouts are the same.

Message 23 of 24
See Most Recent

I rarely do online food shopping because I like to see items before I buy them.

It does puzzle me that someone should substitute a joint of roast beef to be cooked, when the customer asked for cooked roast beef. Surely the key word is "cooked"... maybe they don't have an oven. Why not substitute with cooked chicken/ham or better still, don't substitute with anything! 

...and semolina for custard, words fail me. Woman LOL

Message 24 of 24
See Most Recent