Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Advice on purchasing a puppy

Hi EveryoneWe as a family are thinking of buying a puppy.Can anyone offer any advice on this.I have not owned a dog since my single days a some 22 years ago.I have 4 children and although I have been asked many times if we can have a dog I have alway...

User avatar by Engager
  • 92 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unusual food combinations.

Is there anything you eat together, that you know is wrong but you just can't help yourself, Mine is a sandwich of extra mature cheddar, (the one that makes your mouth squeek) with strawberry jam. I just love it.

DVD storage

May I ask for suggestions as to how to store dvd's please? At the moment ours are jammed into an overfull tatty old cupboard I feel inclined to chuck a lot of them, but I have already weeded them out & there are still loads Anyone have them in drawer...

Any Bumble Bee experts about?

I'm back again with another querie.Yesterday I found a large Bumble bee on the ground, very still and lethargic.I picked it up, nicknamed it 'Buzz' and put it on some Lilac growing in the hedge. Buzz immediately started trying to get the pollen and w...

What a plank

Just went to take new packet of Spaghetti out of the cupboard, not noticing that the packet was open, pulled it out and 1kg of spaghetti fell on top of me and all over the floor. Reminded me of a game we used to play, pick up sticks I think it was ca...

Grocery delivery substitutions

Just had my order delivered with a couple of substitutions 2 loaves of stay fresh bread was ordered, they sent ordinary, no problem there I also ordered a 500g packet of ground rice. What did they send instead. A box of 8 meringue nests. Anyone else ...

Jamaica Inn

Did anyone watch Jamaica Inn last night? I was really looking forward to it but found it quite boring and kept nodding off. I'll persevere with the other 2 episodes even if only to get to sleep

Trees and Neighbours!

Hi all.I need some advice. I had a letter through the door late last night from a neighbour to say that some branches from the tree at the end of my garden (which backs on to the end of the sender's garden) had blown down during the stormy weather at...

Apologies

I'm sorry I confused everyone with using my Christian name on a recent thread, I have often seen other posters using them & never thought anything of it knowing that they probably corresponded etc. I have only ever used the ID. That I have now on eve...

Funeral - Your Thoughts Much Appreciated

We have been organising the funeral for an elderly relative for whom weare executors and next of kin. We went to Lymington yesterday to register her death and speak to thefuneral director. Firstly, it sounds weird, but what a lovely day we had. The r...

Family Meeting

I met up with my Brother and Sister in law over from Australia today,, it was lovely and relaxing after me being nervous as i have not seen them in so long. Strange how we never really grew up together but you just feel that bond. We had a meal and i...

Magazine Rack

I know we sometimes do not get time but i do like Magazines, and i know their expensive, some of them anyway. I do get Best every week without fail and like Essentials and Prima. Do others have any favourite magazines or do subscriptions?. There are ...

Good Grief....DUCK??????

now I've never roasted a full duck before, so I went online and found out how to do it.The whole house filled up with a thin hue of fog as it roasted and spat it's way to perfection.....talk about spit!!!! we have just spent the last hour cleaning ou...

GP Appt's

Wanted to see my Doctor this morning, so went through the usual rigmarole of "phoning at 8a.m." Usual case, by the time I got through, after repeated attempts and listening to the engaged tone, he was booked up. I now have to start again at 12-30. I ...

Does this make sense.

Now can I run this past you? Edthe Red(and other parties which are also available) keeps banging on about the LIVING WAGE. He is really beginning to annoy me. Why? The idea of people earning a living wage is good? It makes him look good? Well First w...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos