Crochet

We have sewing machines and knitting machines or varying makes and models.

Is there such a thing as a crocheting machine

Photobucket
Message 1 of 35
See Most Recent
34 REPLIES 34

Crochet

Apparently so, but it doesn't replicate hand-made work, so there is and there isn't!

http://www.crochetconcupiscence.com/2011/06/is-there-such-a-thing-as-a-crochet-machine/

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 2 of 35
See Most Recent

Crochet

I've always wanted to learn to crochet but never got the hang of it. My Grandma tried to teach me years ago but she found it difficult with me being left-handed, I just couldn't get the hang of it.

Message 3 of 35
See Most Recent

Crochet

try  youtube for vidoes, 

Carol im left handed my granny was right, so it was easier for us to mirror each other

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 4 of 35
See Most Recent

Crochet

I can crochet but I've only ever made blankets with odd bits of wool.  Must admit that I wouldn't mind trying something different at some time.

Message 5 of 35
See Most Recent

Crochet

I came across Attic24 one day whilst looking for crochet instructions on internet. The lady is fabulous and does some amazing and very colourful work and there are some tutorials too. They must be very easy to follow if I can do it!
Message 6 of 35
See Most Recent

Crochet

I love crocheting, been doing it since I was 10 years old, a long time now lol...recently been making my own one off design baby/child cardigans hoping to sell them, but only sold one so far 🙂Giraffe2.jpg

Message 7 of 35
See Most Recent

Crochet

That's really nice tessa!  Don't let stan see it, she'll be so upset because it won't fit her!  Woman Happy

Message 8 of 35
See Most Recent

Crochet

That's lovely Tessa.  You are a talented lady.

Message 9 of 35
See Most Recent

Crochet

Absolutely gorgeous - beautiful work.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 10 of 35
See Most Recent

Crochet

Thats lovely tessa
Message 11 of 35
See Most Recent

Crochet

That is so cute

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 12 of 35
See Most Recent

Crochet

I'm in awe of you ladies , wonderful work, I wish I'd got the patience to do such things.

**********Sam**********
Message 13 of 35
See Most Recent

Crochet

That cardi is sooo cute 🙂

Crochet

Thanks for your lovely comments, didn't realise the pic would be so huge lol

If any of you are on Facebook, I wonder if you could do me a favour and search for COO Designs to see if it comes up,

it's my selling page and I'm not sure if it's showing, also a like and share wouldn't go amiss, trying to reach 100 likes today!

Thanks again Tracy (tessa*girl)

Message 15 of 35
See Most Recent

Crochet

Lovely items... i was 101...
Message 16 of 35
See Most Recent

Crochet

Aw brilliant, thanks so much Chez x

Message 17 of 35
See Most Recent

Crochet

I loved crochet when I was at school and made 2 huge bedspreads (whilst revising in the common room!!! Lol). I then progressed to clothing...

...Whatever you do DO NOT crochet a dress in scallop shell using cheap white acrylic yarn bought in a sale....I did back in the 60's...it was stunning! I made up the design myself into a beautiful stylish mini dress and wore it to youth club dance after leaving it to hang overnight .....the club was at the end of my road...by the time I walked there my mini was on my knees...after about an hour it was well past my knees so I sat down! When I got home I left it to hang again and undid several rows...back to a mini...still looked ok though. I wore it that weekend at a dog show...yup...had to sit in the car as it crept passed my knees and there was more petticoat showing than dress! Now it was looking more hole than shell! My aunt was a very accomplished knitter and after leaving it to hang AGAIN...for a week...we undid all my hard work and she knitted a beautiful cable jumper with the yarn....

...wore it to youth club under a pinafore.....within an hour I t grew almost to the pinafore's hem! The sleeves got longer and longer and the neck grew into a boat! My aunt undid bits of it and redid the ribbing....TWICE...by now the jumper was looking very loose knit and we gave up! Well...not quite...my aunt determined not to waste this ghastly yarn undid the jumper and knitted dishcloths....you got it... the dishcloths grew and grew ...got thinner and thinner...holier and holier...until they were unusable! I don't think it held any shape for longer than an hour! It NEVER stopped growing! Ironically I had bought it in 2 shades...the dress was white and I made a top in beige...the beige remained perfect!

It put me right off crochet!

Fortune may favour the Brave...but...eBay favours the Buyer!
Message 18 of 35
See Most Recent

Crochet

laughbounce2.gif

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 19 of 35
See Most Recent

Crochet

Aaaaahhhhh bless. Sounds like somethingi would do
Message 20 of 35
See Most Recent