A favour please

Hi,

I wonder if you kind folks would help me out. I wouldn't want anyone to go out of their way or to make a special trip, but if you happen to be passing Boots the chemist please could you pop in for me. The item I need is Boots own brand essentials spearmint lipsalve. It HAS to be the spearmint one (my lips react to the others). All our local branches are out of stock, and so is the web-site. My lips get very dry and cracked, and I go through a lot of this.

I will be happy to re-imburse you and to pay postage costs.

Many thanks.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 1 of 57
See Most Recent
56 REPLIES 56

A favour please

i'll probably be popping in tomorrow,  i'll have a look

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 2 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

I'll be in Boots in the next couple days Stroppy so I'll have a look as well.

Message 3 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

Shall I look too? I walk Damson past our small Boots on most days.Woman Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

its the green one is it?

i just looked on the website and its out of sstock there,  but the  shops can be different

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 5 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

Thanks ladies - and yes please Maggie. Since I use them a lot it won't matter if I end up with lots of them, but everywhere seems to be sold out.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Message 6 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

Will check in mine tomorrow Stroppy Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 7 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

@**towery** wrote:

its the green one is it?

i just looked on the website and its out of sstock there,  but the  shops can be different

Yes, it's the green one. When I couldn't find it in any of our local branches I thought I'd just order it from the web-site, but of course it is out of stock.

Message 8 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

I will be going in there tomorrow,, i will also look Stroppy!!.heart

Message 9 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

I will look tomorrow. If you had posted a couple of hours eralier I was in there getting my prescription!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

Going to Boots but it is the opticians.  If son stays on his feet I'll have a look in our local one.  Since it is virtually bracketed by Savers and Superdrug it won't have run out if it had any.

Message 11 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

I will be going to town on Friday so I will have a looksie as well if still needed.

Message 12 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

You've got a lot of friends out there. Smiley Very Happy  I don't mind picking it up for you if nobody has any luck, but I don't want to buy it and then find somebody's already sent it up to you - you don't want two packets, do you?  How much is it?  I've no qualms about asking for it at the counter.  I'm in Sittingbourne, in Kent.  Where are you based?

Message 13 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

@5129frederick wrote:

You've got a lot of friends out there. Smiley Very Happy  I don't mind picking it up for you if nobody has any luck, but I don't want to buy it and then find somebody's already sent it up to you - you don't want two packets, do you?  How much is it?  I've no qualms about asking for it at the counter.  I'm in Sittingbourne, in Kent.  Where are you based?

Frederick, I am in Derby, but I've tried about a dozen branches in various bits of Derbyshire. They are only 90p each, and since I can use one a fortnight it isn't going to matter if I end up with a whole lot of them.

It is unusual for me not to have at least half a dozen of them - one by the bed, one in my washbag for the hospital, one in my lunch bag for work, one in the pocket on the back of my wheelchair, plus a couple of spares, but they have all been used.

Yes, I know how fortunate I am to have so many wonderful cyber-friends.

Message 14 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

Hi SC I'm off work tomorrow & I'll have a look in the B***s in town as well for you! hopefully someone will find some for you.

**********Sam**********
Message 15 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

OK, I'll see what I can do, on one provisor - you add me to your list of friends!  Lol!  Smiley Happy

Deal?

Message 16 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

Sorry SC , all they have is strawberry flavour!

**********Sam**********
Message 17 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

No problem - thanks for trying

Message 18 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

Sorry Stroppy they don't stock the pink and green anymore....just have the blue Smiley Sad

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 19 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

Hi Stroppy, I've managed to get you the lip salve you want.  They had about three or four in but I just got you the one.

Message 20 of 57
See Most Recent