A favour please

Hi,

I wonder if you kind folks would help me out. I wouldn't want anyone to go out of their way or to make a special trip, but if you happen to be passing Boots the chemist please could you pop in for me. The item I need is Boots own brand essentials spearmint lipsalve. It HAS to be the spearmint one (my lips react to the others). All our local branches are out of stock, and so is the web-site. My lips get very dry and cracked, and I go through a lot of this.

I will be happy to re-imburse you and to pay postage costs.

Many thanks.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 1 of 57
See Most Recent
56 REPLIES 56

A favour please

Perhaps if they suddenly notice an influx of customers all over the country asking for the same thing, they'll re-introduce it!  Woman Wink

Message 21 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

Well done Chris. I think Stroppy could easily have used all four though.Woman Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 22 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

I know Maggie but I didn't know if anyone else would have managed to get one.  If she wants the others, I will be near there again tomorrow.

Message 23 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

You will get presents of Lip Salve ha ha ha. PM me your address i can get you another and post it no problem???.Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

I am really grateful ladies.

Rose and books - you should have a message.

books if you felt like going that way tomorrow I could certainly use the others.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Message 25 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

Stroppy, I've just replied to your message.

Message 26 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

I'm sorry - I did try - at two Boots, but unfortunately it was the same story:  Out of stock so you can't order it over the counter.  I really did try, but I've got a gut feefing head office are deliberately saying "out of stock" so suddenly a new range will come into force later this year in November, and if you make enquiries, back will come the answer: "Discontinued".  It's an old ploy, the same as you suddenly get a large department store to shut "for refurbishment purposes" never to open again.  The Houndsditch Warehouse Company in London did exactly the same thing.  "Shut for refurbishment"  - it was taken over by an insurance brokers five weeks later.  I don't know why large companies can't just be up front about the situation instead of lying through their teeth.   

6/10 for the effort?

Message 27 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

Thanks for trying Frederick

Message 28 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

i have managed to  get 3  🙂

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 29 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

Towery, you are a star - you should have an envelope, many thanks.

"Him indoors" said that no-one would find any, and I'm delighted that you've proved him wrong - especially as he's being particularly annoying today

Message 30 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

Only the pink and blue ones in my Boots, sorry!

When Macleans toothpaste became impossible to buy eariler in the yr (unless you wanted to spend £6 on one tube from the Big River), I emailed the manufacturer to enquire about the problem.  I think they were planning to discontinue it, but there was quite a lot of consumer chatter about its disappearance online, and after a gap of about 3 mths, it reappeared on shelves.

So ... no harm enquiring!

Message 31 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

@stroppy*cow wrote:

Towery, you are a star - you should have an envelope, many thanks.

"Him indoors" said that no-one would find any, and I'm delighted that you've proved him wrong - especially as he's being particularly annoying today

lol  there was only 1 pink one though 

R&R btw

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 32 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

None in my Boots Local & they looked on the computer & it's out of stock. I will try the big Boots in town when I am in there next. I will get Jackie to try hers too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 33 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

sorry none in shetland girl said if none anywhere could be a manufacturing problem
Message 34 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

Stroppy, you have a message up there ^^^

Message 35 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

@bitsnknots wrote:

Stroppy, you have a message up there ^^^

I have replied, package has arrived safely and I will send payment this evening.  Many thanks

Message 36 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

I've sent you another message Stroppy.  Many thanks.

Message 37 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

Chris - second package has arrived safely - many thanks.

Sam - many thanks, you should have a payment, if there are any problems just let me know

Message 38 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

Jackie has found you three in Shepton Mallet Boots. I will send her your address to post them direct. She will let me know how much.

Message 39 of 57
See Most Recent

A favour please

Many thanks Maggie - I will let you know  when they arrive.

Message 40 of 57
See Most Recent