A favour please

Hi,

I wonder if you kind folks would help me out. I wouldn't want anyone to go out of their way or to make a special trip, but if you happen to be passing Boots the chemist please could you pop in for me. The item I need is Boots own brand essentials spearmint lipsalve. It HAS to be the spearmint one (my lips react to the others). All our local branches are out of stock, and so is the web-site. My lips get very dry and cracked, and I go through a lot of this.

I will be happy to re-imburse you and to pay postage costs.

Many thanks.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 1 of 57
See Most Recent
56 REPLIES 56

Re: A favour please

Oh that's good Stroppy.  I am pleased.

Message 41 of 57
See Most Recent

Meant to add that I'll be in town in the morning and I'll have a look at our other Boots to see if they have any.  I'll let you know either way Stroppy.

Message 42 of 57
See Most Recent

Stroppy, I've managed to get you another two lipsalves this morning so I'll post them to you shortly.

Message 43 of 57
See Most Recent

Ohhh,,i had a look in one of ours but they had not got any,i will still keep my eyes open and go in other Boots as we have two in Maidstone!!. heart

Message 44 of 57
See Most Recent

We have two branches of Boots as well.  One is in town and the one is nextdoor but one from where I go for my swim.  I'll keep checking as well.

Message 45 of 57
See Most Recent

Many thanks Chris - I've sent a payment that should cover the cost.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Message 46 of 57
See Most Recent

That's fine Stroppy.  Many thanks.

Message 47 of 57
See Most Recent

stroppy

if i could have your address please ?

i happened to be in boots this evening, and spotted a display of them thus bought the only 3 they had.

Message 48 of 57
See Most Recent

Wow Stroppy you will be able to set up your own little shop before long.  Well done everyone who managed to get them, I have looked in the two we have around us but couldn't get any either sorry.

Message 49 of 57
See Most Recent

YHM Stroppy.Woman Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 50 of 57
See Most Recent

None in Southwell J.  !  Sorry !

Message 51 of 57
See Most Recent

Thanks to everyone who has looked for me.

Maggie - package has arrived safely.

Message 52 of 57
See Most Recent

Glad it did Stroppy. You will have plenty now or at least for the time being!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 53 of 57
See Most Recent

Stroppy, I've got you 7 , that's all they had at that branch. The lady assistant at the till looked a bit surprised until I explained that they are now supposedly discontinued. She said they aren't discontinued but with new packaging - they are now 'bubbled' on to a card. They ARE definitely the same ones she said. Send me your details through Contact Member and I'll post them on Thursday, I'll then get back to you with the total and you can pay me through the post or PayPal. There are two other branches around here, let me know if you want me to look in them for more.

I've said it before on here, if you can't get it here in Grimsby, you can't get it anywhere.  Smiley LOL

---------------------------------------------------------

I don't care who you are, stop walking on the water while I'm fishing. --------------------------------------------------
Message 54 of 57
See Most Recent

Many thanks mustavaquid - you should have a message.

It is interesting that the blister pack is the "new" packaging. They may well not be discontinued, but they are out of stock in many places, including the web-site.

I think that I have sufficient to keep me going for a while now, and hopefully by the time that I need more they will be back in stock

Message 55 of 57
See Most Recent

they had more in stock at ours,

i thought id check here before buying

looka like they are getting through to the stores at last,  maybe the website will be laat to get updated

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 56 of 57
See Most Recent

They had quite a few more in one of our Boots this morning.  Let me know Stroppy when you need some more and I'll see what I can do.

Message 57 of 57
See Most Recent