eBay messaging is painfully slow/broken on Chrome, Opera & Firefox - Sometimes does not load at all.

eBay messaging is painfully slow on Chrome & Firefox - Sometimes it just does not load at all. It just sits there doing nothing. Refreshing does not help & deleting cookies & cashe makes no difference. I have also tried reinstalling all three browsers & turned off my anti virus. Please fix this problem!

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

eBay messaging is painfully slow/broken on Chrome, Opera & Firefox - Sometimes does not load at all.

This board is just fellow eBay users, not able to fix eBay.

However, I've just checked My eBay and messages on Firefox & Chrome, both load quickly and work quickly, so eBay seems ok for me here.

You could have an internet problem? How do you connect, what speed?

You could look at

Pop-ups and other annoyances on Windows computers.

pinned at the top of this board and run thru the steps as you may have some infection.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

PS. eBay seems to be messing around today, perhaps I mwas lucky yesterday. Big pauses and changes in how some things happen

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Are you with Virgin Media?

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Yes, Virgin fibre optic. Normally fast,good

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Interesting, but I don't have any problems other than when eBay is messing around or virgin breaks something in the area. Not convinced eBay users problems are anything to do with Virgin or vpn.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

The evidence would suggest otherwise but you are entitled to draw your own conclusions. Just saying people having problems cured it with Opera VPN. Unless you are sending messages on eBay all day you'll probably not notice it. Not sure what you mean by "eBay messing around" 

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

"eBay messing around" 

Their periodic maintenance and improvement- fixing things until they've broken it.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent