How do I stop pop up adverts coming up

I have loads of pop up advert coming up on my site when I do any activity, and it takes me twice as long to do ant thing.

Can they be removed?

Regards

Message 1 of 45
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

put right coupon in your search engine it explains how to remove it.it an adware hidden virus. you have downloaded it with another program. follow steps in search engine or roll back your computer to an eariel date.
Message 8 of 45
See Most Recent
44 REPLIES 44

Hiya,

These don't sound ebay related.

Virus scan?

Message 2 of 45
See Most Recent

jacsll55
Conversationalist

Search Adblock plus and install it to your browser(s).

Moving goal posts is BULLYING!
Message 3 of 45
See Most Recent

I have loads of pop up advert coming up on my site.

Confirm this means a site hosted by you or on your behalf by someone else? If the latter, perhaps you should contact your site provider and see whether they are aware of this matter. If you're hosting your own site on your own servers, perhaps you could post back with more information - one of the networking/sites/useful-things-like-that might be able to offer a few suggestions.

If the pop-ups are appearing on your computer when you use a specific site, it might be worth asking someone else to have a look and see whether they are similarly afflicted (or try yourself with another computer, if you have one to hand.)

If the problem seems to occur only on your computer and you run some version of MS Windows, then you might like to consider:

a full virus scan with your usual antivirus;

a full scan with Malwarebytes and/or SuperAntispyware;

a sacn with something specific to adware, such as AdwCleaner.

The bleepingcomputer.com site has a good reputation - probably a safe source of downloads and advice. A couple of pages which might be of interest:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/adware

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

If you've used the Yahoo! site for anything recently, I'd be extra inclined to carry out all those scans. They've had a bit of a problem with infected ads:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/01/06/yahoo_tainted_ads_malware/

If none of that covers your needs, post back giving as much detail as you can - hopefully someone with the answers will be along. This is a quiet board, so it could take a while for someone with relevant knowledge/experience to read your posts. But - more information would be helpful.

Hope you get to the bottom of it.

Message 4 of 45
See Most Recent

same thing has started happening to me. its just on ebay never any other site i ever vist. like most corporations having some of the money isn't good enough they want all the money. 

Message 5 of 45
See Most Recent

This is becoming a real pain---and only happens wwhen opening an item being listed--happens with Chrome browser.Tried Mozilla Firefox--same problem

Think I'll give ebay a miss for a while

@69giles wrote:

same thing has started happening to me. its just on ebay never any other site i ever vist. like most corporations having some of the money isn't good enough they want all the money. 

Message 6 of 45
See Most Recent

i had the same problem tried all the adblockers then read about jump flip, i had inadvetantly installed this program at some point bundled with something else try finding this in your installed programs and unistal it this did the trick for me

Message 7 of 45
See Most Recent

put right coupon in your search engine it explains how to remove it.it an adware hidden virus. you have downloaded it with another program. follow steps in search engine or roll back your computer to an eariel date.
Message 8 of 45
See Most Recent

Had the same problem, could not use ebay due to the number of pop ups. found the best way to avoid  the problem was to get into ebay via the google home page. Just type in ebay and selected ebay uk, No pop ups ?.

Cheers

Message 9 of 45
See Most Recent

it a trojan i have the same proble ! if you see the bottom left of the page, when you open some thing to look at you will see it  connect to a nother page this is the trojan adware 

Message 10 of 45
See Most Recent

Hi,

I also get this issue.  It is something eBay need to fix as it is their site that has been compromised.  I installed Sophos home anti virus and it now says that it prevented the site from displaying the messages.  So obviously it is still trying but I can continue without interruption.  Sophos is blocking the junk.

Sophos home is free.  Give it a try.  It sorted it for me.  I was using AVG before but it didn't stop it happening.

I have tried rolling back my PC and even rebuilding it.  It still happens again eventually.  This is the only way I have managed to control the problem.

Message 11 of 45
See Most Recent

Yeh getting surveys etc poping up on ebay now.

Message 12 of 45
See Most Recent

marvelous

Message 13 of 45
See Most Recent

no this dose not work even slower

Message 15 of 45
See Most Recent

this dose not work even slower

Message 16 of 45
See Most Recent

I am getting the same!  It's only when I am browsing Ebay.

I have followed all the ad-blocking measures, have no rougue files or malware and this only happens when I am browsing Ebay...

The type of ads are the "Congratulations - you have been selected to win" type adverts.

Any help would be appreciated.  IT would seem Ebay are unaware of this issue.

Message 17 of 45
See Most Recent

Have you taken a look through the pinned thread at the top of the board? It's outdated now, but might provide one or two ideas.

You didn't say which operating system you're using. If it's some version of MS Windows, you might consider running a couple of scans.

Your antivirus, suitably updated, should pick up any real nasties. "Grey area" stuff like adware doesn't always trouble antiviruses, and it might be worth using software aimed particularly at adware and spyware. This is in addition to your normal antivirus.

If you are using Windows, I'd certainly use the following two:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

https://www.malwarebytes.com/premium/

I'm out of touch with Windows, and it looks horribly as if Malwarebytes is no longer free. Watch the installer carefully, try the trial version (you can always uninstall it, or buy it if you like it)/see whether there is still some option to install a free version. This used to be limited to scanning and removal, without "real time" protection - but would have suited your needs, I think.

Let us know how you get on, anyway.

Message 18 of 45
See Most Recent

Got the same issue started to appear around 1 year ago, with all software, and antiviruses up to date as well as happenning on brand new setups so not software related.

Message 19 of 45
See Most Recent

This is still happening. It's about time Ebay stopped it as a big nuisance when you are trying to bid and these individual pop ups arrive on the right hand side of the screen informing you that you need to bid again. They last about 10 seconds then go away but return  over and over again.

Message 20 of 45
See Most Recent