Computing Advice & Technology Chat
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Saving to folder?

I dunno whether anyone's bothering to look here any more? This'll be a silly question to some folks but here goes anyway. I've got a folder on this laptop called "Pictures". If I click it, it says "This folder is empty". Yes, quite right, there's now...

User avatar by Guide
  • 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ebay pages just not loading on my Macs

For the past week or so ebay pages just don't load for me, particularly editing a listing. The pages are in an endless loop of loading, I can leave them for half an hour and occasionally come back and find a page has made it, then it's a 20 minute wa...

User avatar by Experienced Mentor
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

How do I change my signature on here?

My precious signature was created by a free website when they first changed the forums - but it's hosted by Photobucket, who have marmalised it, so I've just spent ages making one all by myself hosted by Imgur.com. But I can't see how to change it in...

Smart T.V`s

hi guys, my first ever visit to these particular boards, which is very interesting, so i thought i`d give this a try i have a 55 inch smart t.v which i`ve had now for about 4-5 years, but for the last few months or so, youtube has stopped loading on ...

Edge extension "YouTube Comment Bot"

I had a look in Edge's new add-on store and YouTube Comment Bot stood out. Over the past several months, I've been getting spam comments on my videos (there are a lot, I upload clips every day) have been a pain. Some users have uploaded videos warnin...

Total loss of description text in all ebay listings / vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com inaccessible

Been trying to figure this out all day in a separate post, am posting this with a more appropriate subject line to see if it gets more response... I am getting every part of ebay and listings are complete except for the description which is totally b...

Adding edited content......

Is there a way of adding edited content to a Word file already saved on a flash drive? For example, say you have a document called "Dumbo". (No, I don't have one called that ) You work on that file on your computer and add a lot of new content to "Du...

User avatar by Guide
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! A grey lock with an orange triangle, but my SSL https code is compliant!

After receiving an eBay warning letter for not being HTTPS compliant, I spent £70 quid on a SSL certificate, activated it, waited for server to update [48hrs or so]. Changed all my links from http: to HTTPS: on all active listings [using eBay’s find ...

I've had a problem.

I went to my Win 10 laptop and opened up and when I went to the ebay community (Round table) I was faced with a really cut down "My Profile" page. The other community pages just open to the same page. Everything is centred and scrolling down the page...

User avatar by Guide
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Facebook

I couldn't think of a better place than here, as facebook doesn't seem to be working properly but, can anyone suggest why when i use facebook that i have to sign in EVERY TIME i switch pages on facebook please?

Internal server error .

anyone getting a message advising Internal Sewrver Error on android? im on a samsung galaxy s3,, server error was invalid request / error type 485390?can acess ebay on wifes galaxy s5, my tablet and laptop, but not in the mobile... grrrr

eBay & Instagram: a question about security of posting eBay links on Instagram posts

This morning I had a shock when working on Instagram when I realised that my posts of eBay listings into which I had pasted the eBay URLs took me into my private eBay account. This didn't happen with URLs of the form https://www.ebay.co.uk/item/#1234...

How do I upload documents on the site uploader? Keep getting error message 'no documents exist'

I'm trying to upload soem documents - correct size <2MB, correct format jpeg, select correct document type et -, to the site uploader link i was sent by eBay customer support. However each time I do it and press the upload button, I get the error nes...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 4 kudos

Page goes blank?

If I go to the Daily Mirror web site, the page opens then goes blank. That's on this Win 10 computer. All other web sites open OK. If I use my Win 7 computer the DM page opens OK. Using Win 10 with the Edge browser, I've tried the simple things, clea...

User avatar by Guide
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restart??

A couple of days ago when I went to Youtube to play a video it wouldn't play. To get it to work, I had to restart. It happens regularly now. Sometimes a video plays OK early on, but later in the day they won't play until I restart. Done the usual stu...

User avatar by Guide
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos