How do I stop pop up adverts coming up

I have loads of pop up advert coming up on my site when I do any activity, and it takes me twice as long to do ant thing.

Can they be removed?

Regards

Message 1 of 45
See Most Recent
44 REPLIES 44

Re: How do I stop pop up adverts coming up

For the last month or two I've had a pop up advising that my computer is infected with a virus and telling me to download software to remove it. The website is   < secureservice.usquicksysutils.xyz > which I copied earlier - not sure if the previous instances were the same website but they were very similar.  This only happens on Ebay. I have wasted some time trying to report this to ebay but they are very much incognito. There is a link on one of their pages to a police fraud site which for whatever reason is incorrect or outdated. 

Very poor performance from Ebay in that there is no effective means of reporting this and the fact that the problem has been in evidence for some time and they can't be bothered to fix it. I don't want to have to run a virus scan every time I visit Ebay so may not be visiting much in the future.

Message 41 of 45
See Most Recent

Hi when am trying to find any buying options I want I have to keep logging out because of stupid Google competitions coming up even when I try to get rid won't budge ggrrrr puts me of even wanting to be on eBay site
Message 42 of 45
See Most Recent

Have you tried Adblock? It might help stop some of it. I use it but still get some annoying unwanted pop-ins from the right side saying I have been outbid or stuff like that. There are too many which stops you using the controls properly. Trying to find a way of stopping it but have failed so far.
Message 43 of 45
See Most Recent

It's not that sort if ad, well mine isn't. This pops up and when you close it you've lost the eBay page you were on and it happens on my phone (Samsung) And iPad. As far as I'm concerned it's doing me a favour as I tend to find something else to look at so saving me money.
Message 44 of 45
See Most Recent

I am having an issue also with my tablet.i have ads along the top of the ebay page, when i select a drop down it comes down over the ad, but when i try to select which one i want from the dropdown, it selects the advert instead and keeps opening another page to the ad, its driving me mad.

I have tried an adblocker but makes no difference, also tried removing ads on my preferences but has made no difference whatsoever. 

Message 45 of 45
See Most Recent