Faulty outside light how can I get a refund?

An outside light has only worked for 6 weeks how can I request a refund. Seller offered 10% only

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

i`m honestly not trying to insult your intelligence here, but have you checked the bulb etc, because there really isn`t alot to an outside light that can go wrong, unless it`s a p.i.r light and the sensor has packed up.

Either way, after 6 weeks, it becomes a warrenty issue between you and the seller and not a `not as described` case through Ebay, for which your out of time anyway.

`Seller offered 10% only`

Never understand why sellers do that myself. If the light was £20, their offering £2.00, how the hell does that resolve anything!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

You are out of time to use the eBay money back guarantee. 

You may be able to find help by talking to PayPal or your payment provider. 

Condragulations, you are the winner of this week's challenge!
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

i`m honestly not trying to insult your intelligence here, but have you checked the bulb etc, because there really isn`t alot to an outside light that can go wrong, unless it`s a p.i.r light and the sensor has packed up.

Either way, after 6 weeks, it becomes a warrenty issue between you and the seller and not a `not as described` case through Ebay, for which your out of time anyway.

`Seller offered 10% only`

Never understand why sellers do that myself. If the light was £20, their offering £2.00, how the hell does that resolve anything!

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks for your comments. It is a PIR and some of the Leds are not lighting. Very frustrating £2 towards buying another light is an insult!

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

If you paid by PayPal open a case in their resolution centre.

They allow cases to be opened up to 180 days from when payment was made.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

My neighbours got a brilliant light outside her front door. Its a normal old fashioned style light unit, but the bulb itself has a pir sensor built into it, its brilliant and been very reliable. You can even buy bulbs now with bluetooth built into them for useing with alexa etc 😉

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Credit card payment but will try and claim on that if I get nowhere. Thanks

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: