Can I make a section 75 claim for item not as described purchased on Ebay with credit card?

Can I make a section 75 claim for item not as described that I purchased on Ebay with a credit card (Paypal was not used)? Or does Ebay constitute a 3rd party seller, allowing my bank to reject the claim? I can't find a straight answer about Ebay's status in relation to Section 75 anywhere. On my credicard statement, the transaction indicates payment went to Ebay UK, but the seller was a private seller, not business, on Ebay. 

PS I no longer qualify for Ebay money back guarantee because I involved my card company with a chargeback claim. That's not going great and I am asked to return the item without being provided with the seller's full return details. So I would appreciate answers to focus on my question than suggest alternative routes I;ve tried already. Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Can I make a section 75 claim for item not as described purchased on Ebay with credit card?

You have already opened a claim with your payment provider, you cannot open another one with them. 

You must follow through with the process to get your money back via your payment provider. 

Condragulations, you are the winner of this week's challenge!
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Money saving expert guide says you can. In fact, they recommend starting
with a chargeback and following up with a Section 75.
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Sorry but on the CAB website it says "You can't usually use Section 75 if you: didn't buy directly from the trader - for example if you bought from eBay".

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

How much of the address do you have?

Was the sender's address on the parcel?

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

I think @*vyolla* might have the answer.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

@dapparel wrote:

Can I make a section 75 claim for item not as described that I purchased on Ebay with a credit card (Paypal was not used)? Or does Ebay constitute a 3rd party seller, allowing my bank to reject the claim? I can't find a straight answer about Ebay's status in relation to Section 75 anywhere. On my credicard statement, the transaction indicates payment went to Ebay UK, but the seller was a private seller, not business, on Ebay. 

PS I no longer qualify for Ebay money back guarantee because I involved my card company with a chargeback claim. That's not going great and I am asked to return the item without being provided with the seller's full return details. So I would appreciate answers to focus on my question than suggest alternative routes I;ve tried already. Thanks!

Can I first ask the reason why didn't open an eBay item not as described to get a full refund? Were you out of time or was your item not covered?

Paying direct at eBay checkout shouldn't exclude you from either a chargeback or a Section 75 (if your item was over £100).

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: