Fake sale and negative feedback

So here is a funny one, I bought a pc off here listed as new, when we opened we looked at it, it was very used, damaged state, had it checked out by a tech i person and was confirmed it was a old used pc, contacted seller and had a go as not amused at what he did, he just send it back, sent it back and left mild negative feedback on his profile, guy was upset so out of spite he purchased an item i had sale on eBay, never paied just so he can leave negatively feedback on my profile, so i had to ring up customer service who told me to cancel the sale, they also told me to contact feedback department to have the negative feedback he put on profile removed, they came back to me and said they would not remove the feedback as it has not violated any rules, so they have rewarded the guy who sold used goods to me then did a fake purchase off me to leave a fake negative review on my profile, it makes me laugh to be honest that when I pointed this out to eBay that he had abused the feedback system by doing what he did they didn't want to know.

Message 1 of 28
See Most Recent
27 REPLIES 27

I wonder who you spoke to at Customer Services as unfortunately you may not always receive the right answer.

I would try again, but call only first thing in the morning when the lines first open at 8 a.m. there's more chance of Dublin answering.  Select the Call Back option ,  then you'll know if it's Dublin.

Ask them to look through your messages, sales and purchases,  to see that this was a ' revenge' purchase just to leave a neg for you.

To Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. aand 6 p.m.

Message 2 of 28
See Most Recent

Hi, he had a Dublin accent, he told me they would not remove the feedback, when I explained what happened he refused to link the two together and just said feedback is judged on a individual basis and nothing he could do, he just did not care and put the phone down on me when i insisted the two things were linked and he had violated the feedback rules on the fake sale he did on me so he could leave revenge feedback, odd/funny thing that also made me laugh was he had me review if him removed off his profile as i said he sold a used pc to me as advertised as brand new, what made it worse it was a Christmas gift, the man is not to be trusted, apparently I broke the feedback rules for that and it was removed, you can't make it up lol.

Message 3 of 28
See Most Recent

Agreed that is most frustrating and from what you say then now, that decision is final and the negative feedback will not be removed.

You can leave a follow up, but be careful what you write as it will say a lot about you as a seller for potential buyers to read.  It may also draw attention to the neg. which leaves lots of room for doubt as to what exactly happened.

Block this member from returning to your sales, and always block anyone who looks like they may cause problems in the future.

Block the buyer here:

https://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

I just had a look at the feedback  you left and received, are you sure it's the same person, the ID's are different, it may just have been a coincedence?

Message 4 of 28
See Most Recent

I'm sure, same town, same address as the returned pc and the same address as the fake purchase he made off me, I'm guessing he's using another person's account or he has two accounts but you tell me that I buy something from Enenniskillen that I have to return as miss sold/used and the next thing some one from Enniskillen buys something from me, no contact, no payment but leaves negative feedback strait away, I've contacted eBay CEO, if things don't change I'm closing my account of 21 years, if I can't trust a seller, if there is no honesty on here I will not use it.

Message 5 of 28
See Most Recent

Yes,  then definitely suspicious,  and I understand the frustration and disappointment here for eBay not removing the neg,  but please don't close your account, after 21 years of great selling and feedback , you know there are far more good members than bad, shame to let this one ' win' this way.

Message 6 of 28
See Most Recent

As I say if eBay can't see it's the same person or a friend of his that lives in the same place has done this there is no point being on here, tbh the place is just getting worse, I probably have to send back 10 to 20 % of goods I buy as they are not as described, damaged or my favourite one is I put item location before I buy UK, then it turns up 3 weeks late with postage marks direct from China, I'm buying more and more of Amazon tbh, thier return system is fantastic, yep get the odd issue but quickly rectified.

Message 7 of 28
See Most Recent

Hi, just for your info I double double checked, the pc I sent back went to the exact same address as the fake buyer of my goods, different account names on eBay but same address, and eBay say they can't link anything ?.

Message 8 of 28
See Most Recent

That's proof enough surely.  You know,   you don't lose anything by contacting eBay Customer Services again. 

Another agent may,  just may ,  look at this evidence differently?  Worth a shot.

Message 9 of 28
See Most Recent

The feedback is removable on the basis that he didn't pay, provided you used that as the cancellation reason.

Message 10 of 28
See Most Recent

I was on the phone to accounts, they told me to cancel with any reason, they didn't advise me of how to do it, out come or anything.

Message 11 of 28
See Most Recent

Thanks for the reply and you would think that's enough evidence, apparently it's not, they will not change it, and as I say I found the CEOs email address both here and the USA, emailed them the facts, told them if they can't do the right thing and not reward a bad seller and the same fake buyer I'm off, you have to have principles don't your u, but anyways cheers.

Message 12 of 28
See Most Recent

If they didn't pay then all you needed to do was cancel the sale after 4 days using the reason 'Buyer didn't pay'.  They would then have been unable to leave negative feedback and any feedback already left should have been automatically removed.

What reason did you give when cancelling? 

Message 13 of 28
See Most Recent

Tbh I can't remember, was being talked through it at the time on the phone with the account department of eBay as they could see it was a fake sale and refunded me the commission they took for the fake sale.

Message 14 of 28
See Most Recent

Sorry,  I didn't relise you haven't cancelled the sale as it hasn't been paid. 

This is what you have to do now,  but you do have to wait 4 working days,  so this weekend won't count, and then proceed this way.

On My eBay Selling go right of the item sold and from More Actions select Cancel this Order selecting the reason .... Buyer Has Not Paid.

If you are on the Seller Hub, go to your Payments tab near the top of your eBay homepage, from there select All transactions. Click on the highlighted item number go far right and from the big blue button down menu there, select Cancel this Order as above.

This gives the buyer an unpaid item strike, they are only allowed one.

If they keep gaining these strikes, eBay will remove them permanently, from their site.

Cases are very effective.

When case is completed then contact CS for the removal of that feedback as it was an unpaid item.

Message 15 of 28
See Most Recent

No I did cancel the sale when I was on the phone to accounts as they had taken over £500 in fees for the fake sale and I was getting it back but I think if I remember right they said cancel on the grounds of it was collect only yet the buyer wanted posted, I think that's what they told me anyways, it's not something I have come across before so don't have a clue before the clever clogs come out of the woodwork, I did what accounts told me to do, nothing more or less.

Message 16 of 28
See Most Recent

Report the seller for being incorrectly registered as a private individual & not as a business seller as he should be.

Message 17 of 28
See Most Recent

I have tried everything, eBay will not budge, have you ever tried appealing feedback they will not change ?, they just say no you have already tried.

Message 18 of 28
See Most Recent

As I said, firstly report the seller for being wrongly registered - click Help & Contact at the very top of any page, then type in Report A Seller & follow the process. Keep emailing the CEO's again & also send a message eBay UK Help on the site formerly known as Twitter. If you aren't a member of X, just sign up & message them.

Message 19 of 28
See Most Recent

I know what your saying but have you ever had a problem like this, do eBay listen, nope, do they make it easy to fix problems, nope, are they flexible, nope, so as I say I've emailed the CEOs, if they can't/will not look at it, see that's it's the same seller and buyer requested at the same address then I'm done wasting my time on it, close account and move on, as I say Amazon is far more honest platform to buy off and if you do have a problem they are very helpful.

Message 20 of 28
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: