Fake sale and negative feedback

So here is a funny one, I bought a pc off here listed as new, when we opened we looked at it, it was very used, damaged state, had it checked out by a tech i person and was confirmed it was a old used pc, contacted seller and had a go as not amused at what he did, he just send it back, sent it back and left mild negative feedback on his profile, guy was upset so out of spite he purchased an item i had sale on eBay, never paied just so he can leave negatively feedback on my profile, so i had to ring up customer service who told me to cancel the sale, they also told me to contact feedback department to have the negative feedback he put on profile removed, they came back to me and said they would not remove the feedback as it has not violated any rules, so they have rewarded the guy who sold used goods to me then did a fake purchase off me to leave a fake negative review on my profile, it makes me laugh to be honest that when I pointed this out to eBay that he had abused the feedback system by doing what he did they didn't want to know.

Message 1 of 28
See Most Recent
27 REPLIES 27

Wish I could agree with you on your last point but, sadly, having been an Amazon seller for longer than I care to remember, it has been one nightmare after another. The verification process, the morons who work for Amazon Seller Support, the nightmare that is the book catalogue - I could go on. I loathe that site with a passion - it hasn't been fit for purpose for over 20 years.

Oh, and there is absolutely nothing on Amazon to prevent a buyer from doing the same thing to you as happened on here, ie buying something and then leaving negative feedback which Amazon will never remove. Admittedly they would have to pay for the item on Amazon, but it could be your cheapest item and no way would Amazon ever remove the feedback.

Message 21 of 28
See Most Recent

I dont really sell, I just buy, Amazon in that respect works for me and yep I've been told it's a hard and expensive place to sell but again I'm not a seller, trouble is with eBay the don't care or listen,when I pointed out about 9 cases of fraud what do you think they did ?, absolutely nothing, they just alowed the fraud to happen.

Message 22 of 28
See Most Recent

I reported your guy (the seller) to eBay. Hope that helps.

Message 23 of 28
See Most Recent

Thanks for doing that, I'm still waiting to hear if eBay CEO reads my email and wants to look into it, going to have one last chat on the phone with customer service, I'm not hopeful anything will change tbh, no common sense, they can't see the seller and buyer are the same person living at the exact same addres, but revenge is sweet, already emailed the person's local trading standards and when they are open I'm contacting his local tax office as it leaves looks like he's not declaring what he's earning off his multiple business he's running on here.

Message 24 of 28
See Most Recent

Have you contacted eBay on Twitter?

Message 25 of 28
See Most Recent

I don't do twitter, im over 55 ! Lol, I've no idea what it is really.

Message 26 of 28
See Most Recent

When did you ring eBay about the negative you were left? If it wasn't at least 4 days after the sale the 'buyer didn't pay' option would not have been available.  If it was more than 4 days then you have an additional complaint that you were badly advised by eBay who should have told you the correct reason.

Is there nothing in your selling account that tells you the cancellation reason?

If only you had come here when you got the negative, we could have advised you properly, no need to contact ebay and you would still have got your fees back.

Message 27 of 28
See Most Recent

This happened Friday evening late, Saturday morning I rang, customer service understood what happened, they put me through to accounts, they said just cancil, I said what of the three choices to cancil do I pick, they said any as it does not matter, so I said ok as I wanted the £500 back they took, and as I say if I get no where I will close my account, it's pot luck if your goods turn up these days, or they are not as described or they end up being sent from China and they only use a UK post address for messaging, I think the last 6 months I've had between for 5 or 6 items that were not as described of damaged I've had to send back, its getting beyond a joke.

Message 28 of 28
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: