Item not received - Evri delivered to wrong address

This hasn’t happened to me before, after well over 1000 eBay purchases during the past 22 years.

In short, I received a notification that Evri’s courier “Lawrence” had “securely” delivered my item. Except he didn’t. My wife was at home at the claimed delivery time. Nobody knocked. And the photo accompanying the delivery “confirmation” email shows a parcel on the floor outside a closed front door that isn’t ours.

My wife did walk up and down the road an hour after the claimed delivery time to see if she could identify the door or see our parcel. She couldn’t. The GPS information on Evri’s tracking indicates that the parcel was delivered to somewhere close to the correct address.

A day later, no neighbour has come to our house to say “here’s your parcel”. Of course if it was left outside someone’s closed front door it is possible that an opportunistic passer-by simply picked it up and walked away with it. 

I’m afraid I don’t have a great deal of time for Evri as I’ve found them to be unreliable too many times, but this is the first time that I’ve had them mis-deliver a parcel.

If others have had the same experience I’d appreciate knowing how this was resolved.

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

You should contact the seller and explain that, although the parcel is shown as delivered, the image of the delivery point is not your house.

The seller should then contact EVRi.  They will send the seller a form letter denying delivery, which the seller will customise with their details and send to you.  You sign this letter (which basically says that you are telling the truth and, if you're not, the hounds of hell will be unleashed on you) and send it back to the seller.

The seller submits this to EVRi for investigation and, if they're satisfied that the parcel has been delivered to the wrong property and cannot be recovered, they will issue a refund to the seller.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Thank you for the reply. I have no issue with signing a declaration. I've already provided the seller with photographic evidence showing clearly  that the front door where the delivery person left the parcel is not mine.

In terms of timeline, the mis-delivery took place on Monday 8th and I notified the seller within minutes of receiving the delivery "confirmation" email from Evri. On Tuesday 9th I filed an "item not received" case, in response to which the seller uploaded that same day the tracking information - presumably in line with eBay procedures and instructions. 

Today is Friday 12th and there has been no further development. Can anyone advise what happens next, and the likely timescale?

Thank you.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: