Changes to the item view format

WRT the new format - the click to zoom piccies etc..... one

I'm sure I am not alone in finding it less intuitive(adding clicks never is) and sluggish(picture load heavy?)

IME. There seems to be lot more instances of disappearing/reappearing descriptions too.

Is there any way to revert to the old - hover to zoom piccies etc... layout?

Cookie/cache clearing, sign out and back in ain't doing it no more.

Is this yet another "improvement to the user experience" we have, no choice but, to endure?

As an aside - Why is there now a requirement to add a label to new topics?

And not provide an applicable one e.g views, layout etc...

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing
Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

I've almost given up moaning about the change to the zoom function... but not quite.

Apart from finding the moving around while in zoom function, difficult <being contained within the photo crop>, I seem to keep loosing the enlargement when moving around the photo, or the cursor moves on to the next pic.

Some time ago I realised that if the photo is cropped too close to the edge it's impossible to view the area.  Annoying to say the least if it's a detail you want to view.

After reading your post I wondered if they might have fixed this, but no... what a surprise, not.

And the label - also agree, if you can't make your own & nothing fits then what's the point.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

It's been posted about, a good change imo. 

Clearing cookies and cache should be a banished phrase. It's never worked with anything and is actually impossible to sort problems that way. "no more" is it never worked to begin with (unless it was a server problem which by time cache and cookies were cleared, server problem resolved, purely coincidental). All it does it set you up to have to accept annoying cookie popups over and over again on sites you've already previously visited and accepted those cookies for. 

The sluggish nature is purely a lack of optimisation by the coders and could be resolved by upgrading your graphics card drivers as it causes cause a bottleneck when visiting websites with updated html5 code. 

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: