Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

"UK Only" location filter now includes China

I am finding that it is now impossible to filter the loation of the products that I want to buy I click on the "UK only" filter but then I have to go through 1000s of listings that are located in China but claim to be in the UK. This is making for a ...

just bought on eBay and I saw suddenly a “UK VAT added to price” for the first time is this correct

Hi, I just bought an item on eBay and I saw added to the final price before payment a "UK VAT added to price" to a value of 20%. I have never seen that before in more than 18 years on eBay. The seller is in UK and I am also in UK. Is this correct and...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 230 replies
  • 8 kudos

Getting a bit sick of this over charged postage.

The last few months I've been buying from ebay quite frequenty. On some small items I've bought the postage has been set on the listing at £3.20 (Second Class Small Parcel). When the items arrive they have been sent as a Large Letter for £0.96p. I do...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 218 replies
  • 28 kudos

Resolved! Remove very annoying 2 step verification process

How do I get rid of this supremely annoying thing? It's only been there a morning and I'm already sick of having to fetch my mobile phone to get the code. I am not surgically and unhealthily attached to my phone, it is not with me constantly and exce...

Resolved! Appalling new eBay bidding "glitch", more seconds added, & allows snipers to out bid a winning bid

I have been buying & selling on eBay for over 15 years, & have watched whilst little by little eBay tweek elements which have worked perfectly, but this new little trick up the sleeve of eBay when bidding, takes the biscuit. You find an item you want...

making an offer

Why do I now have to enter credit card details & security code to make an offer?

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 132 replies
  • 0 kudos

Aquiline tracking scam BEWARE

Hi, I recently bought an item on the 16th January 2023 which was supposed to be located in ilford Essex from an Ebay seller. When the item hadn't arrived 2 weeks after the purchase date I contacted the seller to report that item hadn't arrived and th...

Resolved! FEEDBACK

RE FEEDBACK - OR ABSENCE OF --- I ALWAYS BUT ALWAYS LEAVE SELLERS IMMEDIATE HONEST FEEDBACK BELEIVING IT IMPORTANT IN HELPING ALL EBAYERS. SO I FIND IT QUITE ANNOYING WHEN A SELLER DOESNT LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR ME EVEN SOMETIMES AFTER SENDING FRIENDLY RE...

• 122 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Purchases arrivng via Amazon

A couple of times now I have bought stuff on ebay and it has arrived from Amazon. It's obvious that the sellers are placing the ad on ebay, when a purchase is made they buy from Geoff, use buyers address for the delivery and trouser the difference. T...

• 120 replies
  • 22 kudos

Resolved! Messages ignored by sellers

One thing that really is getting worse is seller communication, not responding to messages and basically treating buyers as a nuisance! I find this very odd and now will not buy from someone who can't be bothered to respond or interact even if I want...

User avatar by Engager
  • 110 replies
  • 28 kudos

Resolved! Can't leave feedback?

I want to leave feedback for a seller, but there doesn't seem to be an option to do so on my purchase history or the transaction details. The transaction happened a little under a month ago, so it should be within the 60 day limit. All my other purch...

auto-pay on send-an-offer items

Ebay now seem to require auto-pay on items that I wish to make an offer on ? Guess what Ebay I will not authorise auto pay on each item so therefore I will not send offers to sellers. Another good feature that you have runied - the excuse its to stop...

Sellers marking items as dispatched when not

My gripe is, frequently when ordering online with eBay I seem to get an automatic “Dispatched” and often a tracking number as if the seller is on autopilot, yet it seems days before the parcel is in the care of the delivery firm/couriers, is this due...

Seller lies, no stock, not in UK

I've had it with buying new goods on eBay. It's a complete waste of time and money. Some sellers say they have a product and they are in the UK and this is clearly not true. They've spoilt eBay for genuine sellers of UK stock. The delivery times are ...

Resolved! Is Evri killing Ebay?

There are plenty threads with people complaining about Evri, many have replys from happy customers saying " I havn't had a problem with Evri" but if you did then you would find out just what a joke they are.The measure of a company is how they deal w...

• 58 replies
  • 2 kudos
Got buying related questions? Start here: