Transaction defect rate below

Hi,

I would like to ask for your help. I am in the engraving business and my engraving machine broke down. Usually, I have about 5-6 orders per week. In one night, I received 12 orders and couldn't fulfill them because the machine broke down at that time. I immediately refunded the money to the buyers. However, eBay's system considered this as a fault and recorded 14 defects against me. Since then, my ratio is low and I hardly get any visibility. I feel stuck and unable to improve my ratio because there are no buyers. If you could provide any advice, I would appreciate it."

This is my shop feedback:

616 items sold
Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

papso22
Experienced Mentor

You are unlikely to be able to recover from this as you need a large number of successful transactions in order to dilute the defects.

But as a 'private' seller that shouldn't be an issue.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Hi, 

As stated above, it looks as though you are in business, posting on a business forum, but are registered as a private trader and are enjoying the benefits of all things associated with being a private trader. 

All i will say is that you are unlikely to get assistance from anyone on here when operating as you are. 

Thanks

Simon 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: