Royal Mail.......lost items!!!!!

Hi, has anyone noticed an increase in UK Royal Mail packages going "missing" recently. In the last 2 days I have had 3 different buyers claiming item has not arrived. One looks genuine as it is Recorded Delivery which has not arrived. The other 2 are fairly low value First Class items and of course I have no way of knowing if  this is genuine or not.

Prior to this (I have "lost" a few international parcels) but only 1 UK parcel last year went astray and never turned up.

Anyone else having problems with this?

Message 1 of 1,017
See Most Recent
1,016 REPLIES 1,016

I run on such low margins that I could only use non tracked RM and too many went missing. Now switched 90% to hermes Shutl and have only had one go missing. Tracking said delivered, but I had my suspicions that it had not, buyer seemed genuine, so I replaced at my expense, only downside in this case is that when showing delivered, no compensation, but compensation from hermes is one of lifes great challenges. Its cheaper and Shutl will contact the courier to try and sort any problems out. Get fast postage feedback with them as well.

Message 661 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Yes the post office are getting worse.I'm off to use Hermes as I feed up with the mail late or lost.
Message 662 of 1,017
See Most Recent

all buyers will have 100% feedback, if I get a not received item and buyer opens a case, I always leave a note on his feedback to assist others, as you have stated, I buy 100s of items from ebay and have never lost one in 10years. All my mail is franked and address printed off screne and still lose about 1 in 200.
Message 663 of 1,017
See Most Recent

good idea, I always leave "buyer reported lost in post", not offensive but true,
Message 664 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I have had more Lost in Post claims in the past few weeks than I have in had in the whole about 8 years selling on Ebay it is definitely getting worse.

Like someone has just said I have never had any of my purchases, and there I have made a lot, ever go missing

Message 665 of 1,017
See Most Recent

yep its a funny how we the sellers buy hundreds of stuff and hardly any are lost but the odd buyers on here that buy hardly any stuff are supposedly lost even with a clearly stated return address they never get returned back? hmmm Scammers open up ebay cases without contacting sellers first and then they have the nerve to never even reply in the open cases and never seem to need a replacemnt item 😉
Get it sorted like amazon ebay force them to at least reply in the cases before you automatically refund. 99% are clearly at it thinking they received the wrong item even though they never read the descriptions properly they even get free return postage which is the excuse they used to all moan about to ebay. But they are clearly still at it. Lastly it would not cost royal mail much to set up a scanned non signed for 1st class delivery the postmen walk about with the scanners all day a 1p increase would easily make millions to make it happen maybe in 10 years though 😞
choose hpnotebooks for all your hp/compaq needs
Message 666 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Seems like you've read one of my very latest cases grimacing

Ref Royal Mail lost parcels its time Paula Vennells CEO Post Office woke up and started earning her fat sallary & pension by protecting her staff and customers or is she taking the view no customers no problem?

Somebody earlier mentioned they have approximately 2% reported loss rate my unscientific invoice number loss rate very much matches that yet Royal Mail reported loss rates were something like 0.004% +-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4803868/First-class-cheek-Royal-Mail-sells-items-lost-post.h...

Message 667 of 1,017
See Most Recent

tiltanslide
Contributor
And now they are auctioning off these so called lost in post items for their own gain. Cheeky **bleep**s.
Message 668 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Yes well done Mr Cannell and Daily Mail for catching Royal Mail with pants down. I've previously passed similar complaints to Post Office directors only to have case passed to Royal Mail to self investigate and bury.

Message 669 of 1,017
See Most Recent

i agree with you on that , or is it because of the law of averages more custom in these areas ?

Message 670 of 1,017
See Most Recent

they get left in the mail sacks , i have posted one or 2 back out again - (  being honest )  when i have found one in trapped in the sack , i wonder how many of those happen  ? they,ve been only the very little ones though , cant explain large and recorded parcels .

Message 671 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Titanslide...regarding ''light fingered posties''...Our own postie ius great, but he did say that some of the larger hubs/ sorting offices are bad for thefts.

He advised never ever sending cash in birthday cards, as thieves know what to look out for, and which envelopes to target.

I had a parcel deliberately opened..it looked like a DVD package, but was instead a book on the history of a19th cent horsewoman...the would be thief sent it on it's merry way unsealed..clearly of no interest to him? 🙂

Message 672 of 1,017
See Most Recent

A few months ago, I posted around 40 items, of the 22 sent with just a stamp on, not signed for, 5 went missing, all angry emails to RM were basically ignored, just with a pasted reply

I told them it was strange all signed for ones got through within 2 days, and why so, if all 40 would have been processed the same way, ie, together

A few weeks later, 2 of the missing 5 turned up, almost as if someone had been made to turn their pockets / locker out

Never got an explanation

Message 673 of 1,017
See Most Recent

yes can see where your coming from . however when a tracked item goes missing and royal mail don't want to know. you will then know what its like to have items go astray. . wise up they do go missing. 

Message 674 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Yes, I ordered a tote bag for a friend for her birthday that cost me £38 and sent it via Riyal mail, only for them to lose it. I filled out a complaint form, Royal mail came back to me even though Inhad a tracking ref number and told me it is lost!,,

Message 675 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I cant believe the Government and Post Office continue to allow Royal Mail to continually under report lost parcels ... good luck with your claim ... keep us informed 🙂

Message 676 of 1,017
See Most Recent

We tracked an item, customer came back saying they have not received it still.

Checked the tracking information and still says not delivered when should have been delivered within 2 days.

We assume its been "lost" and we use that term loosely and most likely its been stolen by a postman.

Now we will have to refund the buyer but is there anyway to get full compensation from Royal Mail as we we know we will be out of pocket for this transaction.

Its a disgrace how Royal Mail claim to lose parcels when they are either being auctioned off for a profit or being stolen.
Message 677 of 1,017
See Most Recent

It never fails to amaze me how people if an item gets lost in Royal Mail they instantly put it down to theft by staff.

what about the other possibility's.

delivered to incorrect address.usually due to being addressed wrong

lost in sorting offices, fallen off belt system .have you ever actual seen inside of one of these places ?

damaged, yes to the point where the address label is not eligible making it impossible to deliver or to return to sender.

it could be mangled, ( rare ) or it has been damaged do to another parcel in system being damaged and its contaminated.

simply poor packaging......

poor labeling, where a label has become detached as  not used permanent label stock / cheap nasty labels. or un readable text.

So So many things but no you have to go straight for the throat all you trust worthy people out there. it is so much easyer to blame someone then to acept sods law happens

Message 678 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Yes your right there could be other factors to why an item could be lost.

But it most cases these "lost" items are stolen and with numerous people on here reporting their items being "lost" its hard to believe there is not something severely wrong going on at Royal Mail. Yet they are being allowed to get aware with these despicable practices and there is no body out there it seems who can question them.

The tracked parcel we sent our customer seems to be "lost" and as usual Royal Mail are messing us around and ignoring the issue when it comes to compensation. Typical company. Takes peoples money as well as their items. Guess the newspaper article posted here really is true of the practices at Royal Mail.

We are out of pocket because because of the "lost" item and their compensation system is an absolute joke.
Message 679 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@iqraenterpriselimited wrote:
Yes your right there could be other factors to why an item could be lost.

But it most cases these "lost" items are stolen and with numerous people on here reporting their items being "lost" its hard to believe there is not something severely wrong going on at Royal Mail. Yet they are being allowed to get aware with these despicable practices and there is no body out there it seems who can question them.

The tracked parcel we sent our customer seems to be "lost" and as usual Royal Mail are messing us around and ignoring the issue when it comes to compensation. Typical company. Takes peoples money as well as their items. Guess the newspaper article posted here really is true of the practices at Royal Mail.

We are out of pocket because because of the "lost" item and their compensation system is an absolute joke.

Typical company, humm are you not a company / business or are you just painting every business with the same brush? if so then the case is you are what you say others are !

the number of people on here saying they have lost a parcel, in comparison to the millions of units Royal Mail handle every single day would work out at a drop in a very large ocean. There is always the possibility of pilfering but that would be a fraction of a fraction and not the whole

Royal mail are not there to hold hands, there is a claim procedure a simple fill in the paperwork and attach copy of proof of value.

Our losses through Royal mail are extremely low and in all the years we have never claimed it is not worth the time and effort for low value items, higher value items are always sent courier so no problem there

anything that is lost we account as damaged / lost stock and claim against end of year tax

Message 680 of 1,017
See Most Recent