Royal Mail.......lost items!!!!!

Hi, has anyone noticed an increase in UK Royal Mail packages going "missing" recently. In the last 2 days I have had 3 different buyers claiming item has not arrived. One looks genuine as it is Recorded Delivery which has not arrived. The other 2 are fairly low value First Class items and of course I have no way of knowing if  this is genuine or not.

Prior to this (I have "lost" a few international parcels) but only 1 UK parcel last year went astray and never turned up.

Anyone else having problems with this?

Message 1 of 1,017
See Most Recent
1,016 REPLIES 1,016

Perhaps RM are taking a leaf out of ebay's book and attempting to raise more revenue by charging again for them doing what you paid them for in the first place...
Message 441 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@butterflygifts2012 wrote:
I alway's have POP or tracking but apart from your say so what proof do you have of none receipt.

Please explain what you will accept as proof of non receipt because as far as i am aware there is none.

100% pure Egyptian Cotton
Message 442 of 1,017
See Most Recent

You just answered your question!

The point was some are genuine and some are not.

Even POP is not all it seems

Message 443 of 1,017
See Most Recent

We are experiencing this problem on a daily basis, so far this week we have had 11 items fail to arrive at the destination.  We just had one international tracked and signed for parcel vanish in the USA and despite having a tracking number it remains lost,.  Amazon and ebay state that we the sellers are responsible for delivery...thius is ridiculous, we hand the post to the postman...The Royal Mail looses it not us.  We make the post, we DONT DELIVER IT.  The Royaql Mail should be made responsible and made accountable, lets start a petition against them........

Message 444 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@colourchanging wrote:

We are experiencing this problem on a daily basis, so far this week we have had 11 items fail to arrive at the destination.  We just had one international tracked and signed for parcel vanish in the USA and despite having a tracking number it remains lost,.  Amazon and ebay state that we the sellers are responsible for delivery...thius is ridiculous, we hand the post to the postman...The Royal Mail looses it not us.  We make the post, we DONT DELIVER IT.  The Royaql Mail should be made responsible and made accountable, lets start a petition against them........

So you wish to start a petition to change the Law?  Feel free.

100% pure Egyptian Cotton
Message 445 of 1,017
See Most Recent

The vast majority of our "missing" items get returned to us marked "not called for".

We get them on a daily basis.  Buyers of course claim they haven't had a card.  Royal Mail insist a card is always left.

I've raised this with the Chief Execs office at Royal Mail - but they clearly came down on the side of the postie ie "if the psotie says he's left a card then there's no reason to doubt him".

I now copy all my correspondance over missing items to the Chief Execs office.  Normally 5 or 6 a day.  I've not heard from them for a while so I tihnk I might have made it to his junk folder now!

When I first started writing to the chief exec I was getting quick replies, phone calls etc - they actually seemed concerned and wanted to help.  But as the problems persisted and even escalated, the Chief Exec seems to have given up on me!

Message 446 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Maybe 4-5 of them can't be bothered to go and collect or re-arrange delivery-they want spoon fed and blame the postie,blame the seller and then ultimately on comes the INR's

Message 447 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Just my personal thoughts on Royal Mail.

On a plus - I am amazed at the very small amount of customers claiming items have not arrived over the past 3 or 4 months. Well done Royal Mail - I am amazed you have stopped (at least for now) losing my post!!!

On a negative - today I got a customer claiming something broke in the post. I have no idea why or how - but Royal Mail tend to break waaaaay too many items of mine in the post and I package them sufficiently. It would have to take someone stamping on the package for it to break. HOW ARE YOU BREAKING MY GOOD ROYAL MAIL - HOW!!!

They were also useless at delivering post around Xmas time. I understand it is busy and I post more - but Jesus.....the amount of post they lose or items they damage is ridiculous.

There was one time I had to send a customer an item 3 times and ALL 3 it got broken. I gave up sending to that customer after that.

Message 448 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Can I ask where you think all this lost mail seems to go?

1.Stolen by aliens who fancied at bargin?

2.Stolen by RM staff and stuffed in their bag when they leave work?

3.Stolen by dump truck drivers and put in landfill,never to be seen again?

4.Stolen by erm

5.Not sent by sellers?

Message 449 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Lost mail? what lost mail

most of our " lost mail" comes home with a big red sticker saying not collected !

another percentage we find out about a month after it was sent and they have run out 

the miniature percentage that falls into the markings as " lost " are possibly squashed or under a conveyor belt somewhere but hey you got to allow for some loss this world is full of " humans " and things inevitably go wrong this is usually to the dis pleasure of this worlds super humans 

Message 450 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@robbosgems wrote:

Can I ask where you think all this lost mail seems to go?

1.Stolen by aliens who fancied at bargin?

2.Stolen by RM staff and stuffed in their bag when they leave work?

3.Stolen by dump truck drivers and put in landfill,never to be seen again?

4.Stolen by erm

5.Not sent by sellers?

It's either stolen by RM staff or RM staff are posting it to the wrong address's (both of these).

Message 451 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Nah I say 1 because they've seen the MBG policy and know the seller gets them blame, no matter what.

So all RM staff are theives and can't read ,well looks like we're in a catch 22 then because some buyers can't read or write an address properly(something i learnt when i was six), so it seems we're all fcuked eh lol 

Message 452 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Those blooming Aliens they are all thieves.
Message 453 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I had to return an item to India, I sent it tracked [cost £16] and RM said tracked means ''tracked'' to the UK borders only.... but the recipient had to sign for it.

RM are normally pretty good, but twice I have had a postie leave stuff in the garden, behind the hedge, in the recycling box. He left a note.

But have never know RM not to leave a card of an item has to be signed for.

Once had an ebay item arrive with the package opened.. that must have been someone at the sorting office [it was a book, but looked like it could have been a game by the size of the packet]..whoever it was left the book in there.

Our old postie said that specific sorting offices are bad for theft at certain times of year when 'casuals' are taken on, but there are CCTV's in the sorting offices to help combat this.

Message 454 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I've just had a good one....an item not delivered.

I'm a buyer, not a seller.  My seller has apparently dispatched the item in good faith, has full details of the delivery tracking right to confirmation that it was delivered to my address (not the neighbours) a couple of Saturdays ago, at 10:15 am.

Which is a surprise, since there wouldn't be anyone in at 10:15 on a Saturday.  I'm out with my daughter for her riding lesson 8:30-10:30, and my wife's at the gym 9:30-11:00.

So, I checked the signature on the RM tracker.  It's a squiggle, bearing not the slightest rsemblance to my signature or my wife's.

I've just had a very heated conversation with what RM loosely describes as "Customer Service".  Apparently I can't raise any sort of complaint, since the contract is between the seller and them, not with me.  My only option is to raise a case with ebay and cancel the sale, and have the seller pursue compensation from RM.

The fact it's pretty obviously a postie who's either larcenous or lazy (assuming he couldn't be bothered to redeliver and might have dumped the item).

Apparently, since the itm wasn't delivered, the contract betwen the seller and me wasn't completed, so I can't even go to the Police and make a complaint about theft!

Message 455 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Oh my goodness....have heard of this happening before on these boards... what a nightmare.

didn't they leave it with a neighbour?

My last purchase with ebay was sent tracked, I was out all day, and came back to find a card where it had been left with a neighbour.

Luckily she is honest, and we do take mail in if the other person is out.

I heard that royal mail parcelforce delivery drivers are self employed and are paid only when they make a successful delivery.

This is alarming.

Tracked should mean 'for the recipient ONLY'' unless one specifies it is left with a neighbour.

Had an item be left with a random person in the street before now.. and no message to say WHERE it was left.

Luckily they posted it through my letterbox later on that night.

Message 456 of 1,017
See Most Recent

don't know why my message showed up twice!

Message 457 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Hi i returned a parcel through royal mail and unfortunately the perdon never got it. This has happned to me 3 times now andci am very annoyed with their service. The customer service team are not helpful but i found unprofessional.
Message 458 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Hi i returned a parcel through royal mail and unfortunately the person never got it. This has happened to me 3 times now and i am very annoyed with their service. The customer service team are not helpful but i found unprofessional.
Message 459 of 1,017
See Most Recent

We have long since given up with Royal Mail customer service.

We get ALL our queries and complaints answered politely and respectfully and pretty quickly too.

The secret is to go to the right person with the complaint.

So all our complaints now go direct to the CEO.  And like most CEO teams, their responses are much better than Customer Service.

Message 460 of 1,017
See Most Recent