Bugs Bugs Bugs

Seem to be encountering lots of bugs the past few days.

Examples - try to refund excess postage paid to a buyer on the screen where you select a reason it says "Page did not load, lets try that again." 

Sending a buyer an offer from a message it just comes up saying "Error" with the Ebay logo at the top of the page. Just one word on the page.

Messaging system suddenly won't let you go "back" on desktop and it says "Confirm form resubmission" each time you send a message and click back to the Inbox which used to work.

Seems to have occured the past 48 hours, anyone else noticed any annoying sales and productivity hindering bugs to report?!

Message 1 of 22
See Most Recent
21 REPLIES 21

Bugs Bugs Bugs

Yep others have been reporting this over the past few days, lets see if we can call on dave@ebay  or marco@ebay  to help us here , to confirm if this is a known tech fault that eBay are aware of.

Thanks team,  be good to know we can pass on some information that the matter is being dealt with.

Message 2 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

Yes it will be good to know - shame the UK ebay staff didn't get interested in the Pinned Fault feature as the US site boldly emblazons when it was suggested as an aid to the widescale problems.

Maybe the UK site will follow the route of compensation to users for the site not operating as described?

Message 3 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

Had the same Friday.

Changed my payment method from debit card to my bank account & the return payment went through.

Message 4 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

It is awful at the moment, I have another really annoying one on the app, it keeps telling me item paid for its time to pack it up etc. However this is for an item that was paid for and sent last month!

Both the app and desktop pages are freezing/locking up for no apparent reason.

Ebay - please feed the hamsters more so the wheels turn a bit smoother.

P.s @tressygirl  Marco is on holiday for several weeks!

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 5 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

Yep,   saw that marco was away,   BUT I could have sworn a saw a reply from him today? !

However,  as you know @tommystrezures  I'm due that specsavers visit !

Message 6 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

Something a miss as we've had hardly any orders all week

Message 7 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

The most annoying bug I've noticed over the last week, is that the eBay site won't run on Firefox on my desktop unless I switch my ad-blocker off.  It takes several minutes to load each page.  This is JUST eBay - I haven't changed my ad-blocker, and no other sites are affected.

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 8 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

Im assuming thats for you to simply check your own listings, or others from the point of a Buyer - both being very frustrating. From the perspective of being a seller - you are paying ebay to have limited access by yourself and potential buyers to your wares.

Surely, assuming you find this restricted access un-satisfactory, this makes ebay's charges unfair in that what it offers is not what is expected? 

Message 9 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

Unsatisfactory and unfair are milder words than I would have chosen...

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 10 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

Been getting "Confirm form resubmission" for about 3 weeks now on Google, AVG & Edge browsers. It's just a pain and surely can't take much to fix it.

Message 11 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

New one this morning, when trying to add tracking number to any order it says "Error, Its not you. Its us." - so I can't add a tracking number to orders currently on desktop...

Message 12 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

Sometimes when refunding people, about 1 in 10 times maybe for excess postage if they are combining, you get a blank white page with the message:

upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection termination

Message 13 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

Screenshot 2024-04-14 114119.png

Seems every few hours I encounter a new bug or issue, now my items are appearing to myself in Australian dollars, my location is set to UK for postage and this only happens when looking at my own shop and no one elses...

Message 14 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

Desktop - "Notifications are not available at the moment" when mousing over the notifications area?

Mobile - Notifications not coming through on Mobile.

Message 15 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

This next one is unbelievable...

I wanted to try and clear out some older items, I have 50 items per page on my dashboard and were sorted oldest to newest.

I selected the 50 items and sent offers, the 50 items came up as usual on the screen and I entered the discount. 

Instead, it has sent the discounted offer to ALL of my listings that were eligible (around 300 or so)

What is going on?

I don't like wasting my time constantly moaning and reporting issues but how else can I do this, the platform is becoming more buggy by the day and continually harder to operate a business on. 

Message 16 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

"The seller only allows buyers to purchase 1 item every 10 days"

Message comes up randomly when trying to buy items from other sellers. 

My buyers are also getting this too, it completely prevents them from buying any of my items at all.

Coincidentally this started happening when sales took a nosedive for a lot of sellers a few days ago, coincidence?

FYI None of the bugs I have mentioned in this thread have been resolved yet. 

Message 17 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

Hovering above the bell icon and getting

"Notifications aren't available at the moment" on Chrome.

Nor are buyers or sales it would seem.

Feels like wasting time on this site unless things pick up drastically 

Message 18 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

@vintagewatchpart wrote:

"The seller only allows buyers to purchase 1 item every 10 days"

Message comes up randomly when trying to buy items from other sellers. 

My buyers are also getting this too, it completely prevents them from buying any of my items at all.

Coincidentally this started happening when sales took a nosedive for a lot of sellers a few days ago, coincidence?

FYI None of the bugs I have mentioned in this thread have been resolved yet. 

@vintagewatchpart does that message come up when trying to just make a regular checkout purchase or is it when making or responding to offers or both?

I've seen a few reports of this on the US side as well and so far most of them seem to be related to offers.

Message 19 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

I tried to bid on 3 items yesterday, all of them had make an offer or submit bid, when I made the offer the message came up, so I tried bidding instead and it came up again.

One of my regular buyers emailed me, I had sent them an offer and they had the message appear and were unable to buy it.

Message 20 of 22
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: