Bugs Bugs Bugs

Seem to be encountering lots of bugs the past few days.

Examples - try to refund excess postage paid to a buyer on the screen where you select a reason it says "Page did not load, lets try that again." 

Sending a buyer an offer from a message it just comes up saying "Error" with the Ebay logo at the top of the page. Just one word on the page.

Messaging system suddenly won't let you go "back" on desktop and it says "Confirm form resubmission" each time you send a message and click back to the Inbox which used to work.

Seems to have occured the past 48 hours, anyone else noticed any annoying sales and productivity hindering bugs to report?!

Message 1 of 22
See Most Recent
21 REPLIES 21

Bugs Bugs Bugs

@vintagewatchpart wrote:

I tried to bid on 3 items yesterday, all of them had make an offer or submit bid, when I made the offer the message came up, so I tried bidding instead and it came up again.

One of my regular buyers emailed me, I had sent them an offer and they had the message appear and were unable to buy it.

@vintagewatchpart thanks, that could still possibly fit with my hypothosis if you tried bidding only after trying to make an offer.

Here's a link to the US community with more info about what I've found so far, but basically it appears what may be happening is that eBay's system could be mistakenly viewing some offers (possibly ones that were rejected?) as counting as "currently winning or having bought", thus triggering that block in some cases.

It hasn't been entirely clear to me if the sellers actually intentionally have that setting enabled in their Buyer Requirements settings or if part of the technical issue might also be that eBay is activating that block even if it isn't actually selected.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-has-a-warning-on-a-message-from-potential-buyer-that-I-ha... 

buyerreqs.jpg

One person who posted about it on Twitter indicated they were able to make an offer without getting the message, but it was automatically rejected and then they got the message when they attempted to send a second offer.

buyerreqstweet.jpg

It's just a theory at this point, but if it's correct, that could explain why your attempts to bid were blocked - if eBay's system already thought you had met the threshold because of an offer that wasn't accepted, it wouldn't let you bid at that point either.

For the regular buyer you sent an offer to - when was the last time they purchased and were there any counter offers attempted or automatic rejections?

Message 21 of 22
See Most Recent

Bugs Bugs Bugs

Its frustrating and has been going on for days and this, along with all the other bugs, just simply need to be sorted so that we can focus on sales rather than dealing with issues we shouldn't be having to deal with

Message 22 of 22
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: