Another nail in the coffin

Received an email from Royal Mail.    Their prices are going up again on March 25th.     Details at royalmail.com/prices2024

Message 1 of 28
See Most Recent
27 REPLIES 27

Lovely.......another kick in the Twinkie.

Message 2 of 28
See Most Recent

I've been googling this during the week as I want to get ahead of the game, seen the page you mention. 
Nothing about the bog standard postage prices for 1st 2nd or LL etc. I think that's usually announced in early March.

Message 3 of 28
See Most Recent

It is in there

12372744-AB30-4B49-AAE4-3443D5EADAD2.jpeg

Message 4 of 28
See Most Recent

I'm trying not to be dim here, are these OBA prices (exc VAT) ?

Jo

Message 5 of 28
See Most Recent

Those prices are for account customers, not "retail" customers, are they not?

"Account BPL" = "Business Post Letters" and "Account UNG/H" = "Business Post Barcode Unsorted" as far as I understand it.

Message 6 of 28
See Most Recent

Sorry, I have an account so posted those prices.   If you go into the link, you will find the full price list 

Message 7 of 28
See Most Recent

It's all poll cards, advertising, publishing and contract pricing from what I can see. 

Message 8 of 28
See Most Recent

The none-business prices (stamps, ebay online)  should not go up until later in the year as we only had a price rise 2nd October 2023.

Message 9 of 28
See Most Recent

So if I have a click and drop account, I am a non business and these price increases don't apply ?

Message 10 of 28
See Most Recent

ebay click and drop will not increase until royal mail release this years postage stamp rise - which is supposed to be yearly - so October.

If you have some kind of none-ebay click and drop account then no idea what happens to that.

Message 11 of 28
See Most Recent

I could be wrong though as the last 2 years Royal Mail have given two stamp prices rises per year - so cannot rule out they sneak in a earlier than October price rise as well:

his.jpg

Message 12 of 28
See Most Recent

"Price changes for Royal Mail Direct customers from 2 April 2024

Royal Mail Direct prices from 2 April 2024 will be announced on royalmail.com/prices2024 on Friday 1 March."

My understanding is that is referring to stamp prices.

Message 13 of 28
See Most Recent

@greetingcards wrote:
"Price changes for Royal Mail Direct customers from 2 April 2024

Royal Mail Direct prices from 2 April 2024 will be announced on royalmail.com/prices2024 on Friday 1 March."

My understanding is that is referring to stamp prices.

yep - looks suspiciously like we might get another 2 price rises this year then - might be nearly £2.00 for a second class larger letter by October.

Message 14 of 28
See Most Recent

Yeah, it does unfortunately look that way. One online paper last November were reporting that Royal Mail might increase 2nd by 25% this April. Shocking if they do.

Message 15 of 28
See Most Recent

Heavier large letter items will end up being sent via small parcel at this rate. 

Message 16 of 28
See Most Recent

Also, just noticed on my last bill I have been charged Sales Order Admin Charge £0.95 and incorrect format LL £3.50.     I check all my items with a size gauge, so that's wrong, but there's no point trying to contact them as I am still waiting for a claim for a missing item posted 20th December 

Message 17 of 28
See Most Recent

This happened to me when i had a business ac, they re-adjusted 14 LL to small parcels then added an admin fee of (i think £17) I didnt notice at first then 

Asked them for proof as I know, like you, I used a guage, and was told my £17k a year ac wasnt big enough for them to gather that info for me nor would they remove the fine/charges, they then did it again month after so clearly dipping into my direct debit was fsir game to them. I closed my ac and now will only use click & drop, but went to yodel with majority of my post. 

Message 18 of 28
See Most Recent

No surprise, they go up every April.

Had to laugh to myself yesterday, received a parcel back, LL with a £1.50 admin sticker on it to pay.

On this item it went through the gauge but weighed the item on my digital scales and it was LL 101.6g. Ill add my post office use old fashioned weighing scales so wont pick up 1g over, but RM clearly dont factor this in.  So for the 1.6g over they keep the £1.55 paid, by not posting it, sent it back to the depot then sent it back to me. Surely that costed more all for 1.6g over. They clearly dont have any room for margin of error or old fashioned scales.

Theyre a joke.

Message 19 of 28
See Most Recent

Can we all start looking at the prices and decide how it affects us.
i am of the opinion it is now more expensive to do 2nd class parcel on OBA than it is to use the website to buy online stamps. I find this is an unfair aspect of the prices. 

Message 20 of 28
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: