Another nail in the coffin

Received an email from Royal Mail.    Their prices are going up again on March 25th.     Details at royalmail.com/prices2024

Message 1 of 28
See Most Recent
27 REPLIES 27

I wonder if ebay will reduce their postage fee which they reap without justification, that could well help sellers who are obviously struggling in the economic situation.

It could be taken as a  positive gesture of caring.

Message 21 of 28
See Most Recent

https://www.royalmail.com/prices2024

Stamp prices are now announced. 1st and 2nd class stamps increase by 10p!

Message 22 of 28
See Most Recent

For the services I use it seems there is a drop in 250g & 500g 2nd large letter. A small crumb of  comfort amongst the rest of the prices rises.

Message 23 of 28
See Most Recent

A small crumb of comfort indeed.

I have been offering free 1st class post on my website, though I think it's time for a rethink for those cheaper 2nd class letter and 2nd LL prices.

Message 24 of 28
See Most Recent

2nd class LL drop in price? Not something I expected!

Message 25 of 28
See Most Recent

Big hikes on the 1st class, looks like i will have to take a few listings off of 1st class or up prices accordingly. I am surprised they have left the Large Letters 2nd the same and reduced the over 100g. Some relief for the cheaper items but generally clobbered on parcels.

Why do they announce these things on a Friday, so nice of them!

Message 26 of 28
See Most Recent

Dont forget that any price hikes on postage are compounded by ebay who take a bigger slice off the sellers postage too, for no merited reason. The post companies actually move your packages.

Message 27 of 28
See Most Recent

Although the regulatory operating fee is set at 0.35% + vat it means a double bite on the price rise, and I dislike the vat on vat intensely.

Message 28 of 28
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: