The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

It othat nobody else has reported this.

Here's the link...... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-echochambers-26393546 No here's the story.Basically some guy in America won $80,000 in a law suit against a school. The reason is immaterial. The next thing that you know, the son is boasting on h...

Question about battery chargers.

I've got loads of gizmos and gadgets that use AA type batteries and, as we all know, it is cheaper in the long run to use re-chargeable batteries rather than single use ones. Only snag is that you need to buy a battery charger.I bought one like ........

Twisted tale or twisted mind?

Just recently there's been a film made about "Flowers in the Attic" and trailers are running for it on Sky at the moment. Now...... would you say that the writer had some sort of twisted mind to write such a thing? OK, OK, I know it's "only a story" ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

The Hillsborough inquest

The 96 dead left families devastated and I understand the torment that they feel about losing loved ones so unexpectedly. But this inquest is being held to try to find out what caused the accident. I dare say that if ever a finger can be pointed at a...

Can you tell that I don't get out much?

I don't think that I'm pedantic as such. It's just that I see the way that people make errors when typing out a message and it is obviously not a typo and it makes me cringe. Mostly because I'd be scared of making a similar kind of mistake myself and...

Do sellers really want to sell?

Personally, I'm not sure.I sent a message to a seller making enquiries about a £600 computer.I asked ...... Hi guys,I just need to check these things to see if I need to buy stuff elsewhere before buying your PC. Can you swap the keyboard and mouse t...

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world.

Have you seen the reports on the news about the last 2 deep coal mines in the UK. They are being closed down because it is cheaper to buy coal from Columbia and other far away places and get the coal shipped over here. How can that be right?Anybody t...

What a load of hogwash

I wanted to change my name so I jumped through all of the hoops until I got to the bit where I had to type in the User ID that I wanted to change TO. At this stage I was told that, "You can't use that user ID". No further reason or reasons were given...

Security Bug

http://heartbleed.com/?e_t=9ca9e6191f89411db85a452451740e5d&utm_medium=2000&utm_source=31&e_t_s=bodyhttp:// Just in case you guys have not read about this threat.

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Electric hedge trimmer? - "cutting edge" advice that could save you from "a nasty shock!"

Got a hedge trimmer? I'd be a rich man if I had a £1.00 for every person who cut through the cable. It's perilously easy to happen because it tends to ride up and get hooked op what you are trimming. My late father did the same a couple of times - su...

Help needed with feedback

This isn't another Feedback thread. I'm just looking for info on how to use the feedback system.I've left feedback for a completed eBay trade that started badly but ended well. There's not enough space in the 80 character bit to let potential buyers ...

geographically*challenged returns

Yup. It is I. Bet you didnt miss me. I did. Well upto a point I did. About 4 weeks ago I had a stay in this most luxurious place. Nah it we'nt that luxurios. It was our local opstipal. I'd got a UTI. Now if you dont know what that is it's . Nah Im no...

E Bay Improvements.

I have only just noticed what I consider to beImprovements on E Bay.3 Hour Countdown on Auctions.Also you can see whether it is Postal or Collection Only without having to look to the Right.

I let my kids do whatever they want. Would you?.

No, not me, the lady from the following article. https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/morning-let-kids-whatever-want-110600656.html One mum who certainly won't be following any such rules is Bea Marshall, a mum of two boys who has given them a 'free for all' life...

'Heartbleed' secucity loophole

Anybody else worried about this? I notice My Ebay & ( possibly )Paypal use the SSL code in their login address.I find the procedure for changing one's password is not obvious in this organisation

Government Contracts

Government ContractsThree contractors are bidding to fix a broken wall at 10 Downing Street. One from London, another from Bristol and the third, Liverpool. They go with a government official to examine the wall.The London contractor takes out a tape...