Car insurance rip-off.

Have you seen the latest car insurance scam?

I saw this reported somewhere yesterday and I thought I posted it on here but I must have forgotten to hit the "Post" button. It works like this. As a new driver or as a young driver, you search around for a cheap quote. You then come across one costing loads less than the next best and for the same cover. Only snag is that you have to pay a big lump sum up front. Still, it's loads cheaper than anywhere else and you are now covered just as long as your MOT and road tax are in order and you are now free to drive on UK roads. But are you?

Some scammers have hit on the idea of faking an insurance policy to make you, as a young or new driver, think that you are covered but the insurance documents ae fake. As is the web stte that you bought it from. The insurance company is a scam and, in effect you are driving without insurance and you are liable to be arrested if you get stopped.

One such scammer was recently arrested and despite taking over £50,000 from unsuspecting drivers he got 3 years, out in 12 months probably, and kept the cash. In my view, he should get 2 years for each person he scammed plus his bank, building society accounts should be emptied to pay back all the victims and all his assets sold off until all the money is paid back.

What do you think?

Chheers,

Steve.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Car insurance rip-off.

Totally agree Steve.

Wouldn`t this come under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002

The Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (c.29) (POCA) is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom which provides for the confiscation or civil recovery of the proceeds from crime

Found on wikipedia

Photobucket
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Car insurance rip-off.

Absolutely, H-B. Just make certain that crime doesn't pay.
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Car insurance rip-off.

@blackburn_stevie wrote:
Absolutely, H-B. Just make certain that crime doesn't pay.

But crime does pay.. you can get 13 life terms and still get out of jail to rob more banks .. your MP should be able to tell you how to fiddle.. the odd £50,000.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent