The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Too much choice

Aaarghhh, there's too much consumer choice out there for me, particularly for electronic stuff like laptops, cameras etc.. It took me months to buy my last camera and by the time I decided there were yet more models out from the same manufacturer. I ...

The Salisbury affair.

It seems that what was said by Gary Aitkenhead of the Porton Down establishment wasn't properly understood or quoted? Boris should remember this quotation for the future?:- “ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure yo...

User avatar by Guide
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding a Sig file to posts

Hi - I've been away from eBay briefly (about ten years) and a few things have changed... Buyers no longer need to complain about sellers leaving them revenge feedback... Someone stole Turbolister... And the section to add a sig file is missing from t...

Intrusive technology

Yesterday -I was talking to a friend, after setting up some settings on His new works phone - it was needing charged every day He got an alert - from Google It had gotten the results of a search 'getting Graze Tablets' ??????????? Then I remembered I...

I have to share this.

My daughter showed me this video and I thought it was so funny that I like to share it with you all. https://youtu.be/qAmVQ8smSRY

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

Happy, funny or beautiful words.

How many wonderful words can we all come up with. Words that feel good when we say them, type them, hear them.Some words just sound really good to the (my) ear, like Tranquillity or Delicacy.Other words just sound funny to me, like Smithereens or Hod...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

ebay and pay pal separate companies

so I am moving and went to pay for something tonight and changed address in my pay pal then I went to change it in my ebay account and it was already changed.How is this possible if they are seperate companies.

Are we being gagged?

Few cannot have noticed the criticism of our media, they are accused of blatant bias particularly by those on the left who seem to be the only ones who read the tabloids! This is far from the whole story though, the BBC is openly targeted along with ...

Remembering Lee Rigby

It is five years since Lee Rigby was brutally murdered on a public highway, and in broad daylight. An uffocial memorial for him has been removed by Greenwich council, for being 'unsightly'. A reporter for LBC went to Woolwich and asked local people i...

Fixing things that didn't need it?

Don't you find that these days people are constantly meddling and changing things that didn't need "fixing" or changing? Down all the years I've used ebay, they have been prime examples of that and many times they've made changes that've messed up ot...

User avatar by Guide
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wearing well

No, not a pic of tacky old clothes, but Mick Jagger warming up for the concert at Croke Park, Dublin, tonight https://www.independent.ie/videos/entertainment/watch-mick-jagger-warming-up-on-stage-at-croke-park-36912140.html Pretty impressive at 74 , ...

Great Charity shop find !! what are yours

I Finally asked the little old ladies at my local charity shop if they have any Lycra skirts that they have in the RagBin for the Ragman ..whoa !! look at this as good as new !! because its out of the ragbag they sold it to me for just £1.00 !! its a...

What Clothes Charity Shops reject and Bag up for Rags

This is a Bag of Clothes from a Charity shop that had been bagged up for Rags/Recycle as unsuitable to sell on the shop floor .. a lot are worse for wear..of course there are items of clothing here that are unsuitable for resale ,also there are one o...

User avatar by Engager
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

buying from abroad tracking parcel dilemma

ok i have brought 2 items from the same shop in the USA ..bote sent on the same day but in different packages ..one has arrived on the 15/05/2018 , yet the other i am still waiting for , i trace it by tracking number to get this ....; DepartedMay-12-...

Dr G. Medical Examiner.

Does anyone watch this American programme about finding out how people diedFirst she does an external exam, then open up the body and removes each organWhen she lifts the organ out of the body, the image of the organ in pixelated. This doesn't detrac...

Don't tell CeeDee

Sssshhhh , don't tell him about this You know how He is BTW - The Greeks actually got their knowledge, from the Egyptians

Now it’s the RNLI

As a lifelong supporter of the RNLI I was appalled to learn of the dismissal of two crewmen from the Whitby Lifeboat who had exchanged secret Santa gifts showing a nakedish lady with the crew and head superimposed on it, and for allegedly engaging in...

Moral dilemma?

I recently watched a very ordinary film called ‘Debug’. Not a particularly good film but one that got me thinking - essentially the films central character is a computer program that has self awareness and consciousness. I believe that as a species w...

Strange eBay virus

Sometimes when I'm browsing the eBay site using my PC, the page redirects to a page stating that I've won an Apple iPhone X. It only happens on eBay. The odd thing is, it also happens on my iPhone, only when browsing the eBay site. Pressing back up h...

Redirecting mail

I order a lot of parcels on eBay that are sent to me each day to my home address, but I work early in the morning. I usually go home to a 'we missed you' note. I get home between 1pm and 1:30pm and my Post Office depo shuts at 1pm. He's not amused wh...

Emotive subject, what say YOU?

Alfie Evans? What's your thoughts and opinions about what's transpired? Me? I think they should let go. Those "protesters" need taking in hand, trying to "storm the hospital" is just not on. Mind you, I think the whole issue around "protesters" or "a...

User avatar by Guide
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos