Would Brexit YES voters vote differently now???

Pound Stirling clearly in trouble and most definately effect ebay sales across the board.

Message 1 of 197
See Most Recent
196 REPLIES 196

No. My International sales are going well.

Message 2 of 197
See Most Recent

This pound sterling voter voted OUT and would if given the chance vote OUT again.

Message 3 of 197
See Most Recent

Our sales have increased dramatically especially overseas. I voted remain but fully accept the majority decision..

Message 4 of 197
See Most Recent

My UK sales have taken a bit of a hit but my international sales have gone through the roof. They are obviously getting a better deal with the £ being weakened. Fortunately I buy all my components from the UK or I would be paying more for them. I suppose that could change though if the firms I buy from purchase from abroad and have to up their prices because of this, but that hasn't happened yet. I was a Bremainer, but there's nowt I can do about it, we just have to do the best we can.

Message 5 of 197
See Most Recent

Foreign holidays 20% more, less interest on savings, inflation arriving next year-I'm already poorer. I'm hopeful that the Minister will send me a letter, like Nissan, to promise that I won't lose out. 

Message 6 of 197
See Most Recent

@reddevilsretro20 wrote:

Pound Stirling clearly in trouble and most definately effect ebay sales across the board.

Yeah, affecting them positively - my overseas sales are booming - yay!

Message 7 of 197
See Most Recent

@terry6082 wrote:

Foreign holidays 20% more, less interest on savings, inflation arriving next year-I'm already poorer. I'm hopeful that the Minister will send me a letter, like Nissan, to promise that I won't lose out. 

Don't even have a passport, and I buy all my stock within the UK, so all good.

As for a second vote, I am sure if there was a new vote we would narrowly vote to remain.

Message 8 of 197
See Most Recent

That's the humorous thing that, if there was another vote, I think there would be a narrow vote to remain. The country is like a human being-in two minds. 

Message 9 of 197
See Most Recent

I voted NO to joining the EEC in 1973 and I voted OUT this time around and I would vote OUT again and again .

I do not sell internationally due to the nature of my stock but have not seen any difference in UK sales pre/post brexit vote or year to year .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
63.74% of statistics are made up
Message 10 of 197
See Most Recent

No I would not vote differently. I spent weeks delivering Leave leaflets and everyone I spoke to was for "out". The drop in sterling is long overdue, exports should be booming and at some point we may see an increase in interest rates which will be desperately needed for savers. Rather more hard luck on those with humongous mortgages but life is swings and roundabouts. The EU is starting to fall apart in any case, why on earth any sane person would want to remain part of that toxic dogpile is beyond my understanding; when are the blinkers going to fall from people's eyes? Go and read TheunitUK dot org UK for eye-openers. Major business owners are already seeing the opportunities offered by Brexit.

In the next few years there will be great political upheaval all across the globe, much of it unpleasant, but it will open the door to something far better. Short-sighted  Remoaners should acept the democratic decision to leave and wean themselves off the EU feeding bottle. There is far far more to consider than simply the cost of spare parts for one's Ebay business.

Message 11 of 197
See Most Recent

I know where is my "sweet heart deal", as long as the big boys are kept sweet. There is two ways at looking at what happened there.

We sell in US Euro and Australian Dollars and it is not so sweet.  There  has never been interests in savings for ages I think I have an ISA at a whooping 0.25 %. Plus PRICES will go up. My international sales are great because I bought most my stock in prior to the pound dropping. Issue is when I restock. Buy in from UK and EU.

Extra £5 to fill up this week.

You can still travel overseas at a decent price just go direct.

Anyway most of the Eurozone is as flat as a pancake, I have friends overseas highly skilled in their fields cant even get part time work. Trust me their is a lot of people not happy with the EU in other countries.  I think the world is going through some pretty big changes and the way we work and live is now changing, am actually pretty glad I made the decision to dump the JOB and go out on my own, I have more security than most my friends these days.

Plus I think certain people are just creating panic for no good reason right now for their own aims.

Like most people I have know idea how this will all pan-out, and when the politicians stop squabbling and actually do what is best for everyone.

Message 12 of 197
See Most Recent

I would vote Out again.  I believe this is the best decision for us long term.  The EU is going down and we will be better out when it happens.  Just wish people would stop the scaremongering which negatively affects consumer confidence and get on with things.  As per yesterday's growth figures, pretty much all the armageddon forecasts for life post Brexit were wrong.

Message 13 of 197
See Most Recent

Cool heads are needed. Patience and a bit of compromise on all sides

There is going to be pain. Just opened up today's mail, RMG are putting prices up 3rd Jan 2017 international, due to currency markets. Tracked, Signed Business mail and business parcels. 

Message 14 of 197
See Most Recent

NO, i voted and Campaigned for Brexit and ther Biased media who say people would change their Minds are Pumping propoganda!

If anything the more people see how Corrupt and UnDemocratic the EU is the more people  all over Europe will understand the Desire to Leave and have some self Respect...Money does not come Into it!   I would be more worried about the Euro than the Pound If I were you that is built on ever lasting printing of Money from the ECB and with Huge Unemployment in the EU and uncompetitive Practices It will come crashing down.

Message 15 of 197
See Most Recent

Well Said, I live on the island of Crete part of the year.....Greece is becoming an annex of Germany and France..something Hitler could not achieve!   I believe in Britain,and if that sounds Old Fashioned....I dont care!

Message 16 of 197
See Most Recent

Just to point out that 6 years ago Sterling was in a worse position....(1Euro = £1)....That was not caused by brexit!

Message 17 of 197
See Most Recent

Another campaigner for Brexit here as well.

On the doorstep brexit leaflet distributor

The eu will ultimately fail and it won't be long off

The biased broadcasting company are doing our country no favours by talking our economy down

We are still paying into the eu.We should stop that now and invest into our own country.

My business is doing exactly the same as before Brexit.No change.

OUT OUT OUT

Message 18 of 197
See Most Recent

The pound was over valued - so this was going to happen eventually - Brexit just caused it to happen a year or so earlier. I've just increased my prices to accordingly, if stuff nolonger sells then it gets dropped in favor of new stuff that will sell.

My ebay sales are also up on last year, and I mainly buy stock overseas and sell only to the UK - so that should have hit me hard.

December last year one article read "The pound is one of the most overvalued currencies in the world and will suffer next year as the Government ramps up spending cuts and uncertainty about Britain’s future in the EU weighs on growth. ...
It believes the pound could fall as low as $1.27 next year and $1.15 in 2017 from about $1.485 today if the US Federal Reserve continues to tighten monetary policy and the Bank of England leaves interest rates on hold."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/currency/12065157/Pound-is-most-overvalued-currency-in-the-world-...

Message 19 of 197
See Most Recent

"OUT OUT OUT"

When do we want it

NOW.

Message 20 of 197
See Most Recent