Tory leadership?

OK, how about saying who your preferred winner would be and predicting who will eventually win?

I'd prefer Leadsom but I think May will probably win.

Just for once..... is it possible to just stick to the topic? rant

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 84
See Most Recent
83 REPLIES 83

Tory leadership?

@cee-dee wrote:

So the Lib-Dems and Labour are calling for a snap election eh? I suppose that's a hope that if one were called they might, just might hang on to what bit of support and credibility they're clinging to?

They're also yakking on about a "democratically elected Prime Minister". We don't elect a Prime Minister, we elect a government by majority and the "winning" group leader becomes Prime Minister.

The country needs an election like it needs a hole in the head. There's far, far too much time and money wasted with elections of any sort and once every five years is enough.

I seem to remember Theresa May calling for an election when Gordon brown replaced Tony blair as prime minister saying he had no democratic mandate and all the tories shouting that Gordon brown was an unelected PM,must be different now....

We are many,They are few
Message 61 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

The social media brainwashed kiddies have now started a petition calling for a law to be passed that as soon a PM resigns it should trigger a general election within three months.

Talk about getting desperate.Man LOL

Message 62 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

After what happened back then, May is probably saying "What's sauce for the Gander is sauce for the Goose".

Live long and prosper.

Message 63 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

Fixed 5 year term,May also said no election,so if brexit goes hunky dory she'll claim the credit,if it goes **** up,she'll blame Boris,she's sitting on a pretty wicket right now and won't be calling any election

We are many,They are few
Message 64 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

She's also said no Article 50 this yeat

Message 65 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

Speaking in Birmingham, May insisted there will be "no attempts" to remain in the EU or to rejoin it "by the back door", adding: "As prime minister, I will make sure we leave the European Union."

Live long and prosper.

Message 66 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

I don't see any merit in the idea of changing PM simply because we have had a referendum. May is elected by due process and has a limited time to deliver, there will be an election in due course at which point ALL parties will have had a chance to sort themselves out and hopefully present an effective opposition. To hold an election now would be madness.

Message 67 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

Yes, I agree, madness.

Live long and prosper.

Message 68 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

@cee-dee wrote:

Speaking in Birmingham, May insisted there will be "no attempts" to remain in the EU or to rejoin it "by the back door", adding: "As prime minister, I will make sure we leave the European Union."

Indeed - she is also very much in favour of remaining a member of the single market.

Message 69 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

Some of you just don't really get how politics works. In fact how the world works.

Message 70 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

So are you gonna explain it all for us?

Live long and prosper.

Message 71 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

It's because we don't live in the center of the universe, in the cauldron of political intrigue, in a Nicola Sturgeon new build; in a hamlet on the banks of Loch Lomond. Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 72 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

"It's hardly in a body's Pow'r,
To keep, At times, frae being sour.

Burns
Message 73 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

Och aye the noo

Jimmy

Message 74 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

Well mrs may is now installed and ready to roll, will she be an iron Lady or a loose woman?

Message 75 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

With Boris as Foreign Secretary, anything could happen?

Live long and prosper.

Message 76 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

Looks like May has a sense of humour

We are many,They are few
Message 77 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

You can't be serious

Message 78 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

May has made a very smart move - any problems over.the negotiations to leave the EU can't be laid at her doorstep - all those in charge of negotiating are Brexiteers.

Message 79 of 84
See Most Recent

Tory leadership?

Yes, I thought her strategy was very clever.

Otherwise, it's a case of "in-out, shake-it-all-about?"

Live long and prosper.

Message 80 of 84
See Most Recent