The "new" Beatles song.

What do folks on here think of it?

Me? Well, if it was some unknown new band I think many people would think it had little or no merit and rambled tunelessly, boringly on and on. I listened on youtube where there'd been around 9,000 comments already when I looked. Some people said they were in tears??????? I turned it off after a couple of minutes!

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

The "new" Beatles song.

Got a link to it?

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

The "new" Beatles song.

Here you go:-

Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

The "new" Beatles song.

Thanks.  I don't think that the song would have ever topped the charts back in the day.  Not their best effort.

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

The "new" Beatles song.

Not in ABBA's class - they never were and never will be. Not a Beatles fan - the true Fab Four were/are Agnetha, Benny, Bjorn & Frida.

Hasta manana!

Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

The "new" Beatles song.

Not as great as some are saying but also not as bad as I thought it would be. 

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

The "new" Beatles song.

Good to see some comments here. The comments in other places have been varied from those who thought it was wonderful to others who slated it.

I was never a Beatles fan from the very first time I saw a poster advertising that they were playing at the town hall where I was living in the 60's. When I saw the poster I thought the spelling was wrong, I was thinking of "beetles"........ 😀 

Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

The "new" Beatles song.

You should check out Agnetha's latest song - extraordinary for a lady of that age.

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

The "new" Beatles song.

Agree with all the comments on Abba, but re this Beatles effort,  was quite prepared to switch it off ( thank you for the link to it @cee-dee  ) but listened to the end and yes,  liked it.

Think if there's clever prep for when it's released,   it could be Xmas No. 1 this year ? 

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

The "new" Beatles song.

Isn't that reserved for a charity song of some sort?

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

The "new" Beatles song.

Oh  ! No idea,  but don't think so,  or has it now changed to that recently.

By recently I mean the last 10 years !!

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

The "new" Beatles song.

i`ve never been a fan of the beatles, in fact not even close, just not my kind of music, but i have to be honest, i love this song, very clever how it was done 🙂

I also like Agnetha's latest song, but i always had a crush on her anyway 😍😍

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

The "new" Beatles song.

I would always bow to your superior knowledge on music ' knight'. Me too,  not a big fan of the Beatles one or two songs of theirs I liked,   but could hear only once not on a loop over and over as with an Abba song.

I heard the single when released is going to cost £17.99!!    All you need is cash, eh !

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

The "new" Beatles song.

`I heard the single when released is going to cost £17.99!! All you need is cash, eh !`

i know, crazy! i often walk past HMV in town and they have a big ad in the window, 3 albums for £40, i remember when you could probably buy 20 albums for that 🙂

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

The "new" Beatles song.

Not a Beetles fan myself, but Abba, definately!

I find this new Beetles song drab and boring:-( Had to switch it off by the second droning monotone chorus -Eww. Certainly NOT music to my ears:-(

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent