The "new" Beatles song.

What do folks on here think of it?

Me? Well, if it was some unknown new band I think many people would think it had little or no merit and rambled tunelessly, boringly on and on. I listened on youtube where there'd been around 9,000 comments already when I looked. Some people said they were in tears??????? I turned it off after a couple of minutes!

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

Re: The "new" Beatles song.

Got a link to it?

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

Here you go:-

Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Thanks.  I don't think that the song would have ever topped the charts back in the day.  Not their best effort.

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Not in ABBA's class - they never were and never will be. Not a Beatles fan - the true Fab Four were/are Agnetha, Benny, Bjorn & Frida.

Hasta manana!

Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

Not as great as some are saying but also not as bad as I thought it would be. 

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

Good to see some comments here. The comments in other places have been varied from those who thought it was wonderful to others who slated it.

I was never a Beatles fan from the very first time I saw a poster advertising that they were playing at the town hall where I was living in the 60's. When I saw the poster I thought the spelling was wrong, I was thinking of "beetles"........ 😀 

Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

You should check out Agnetha's latest song - extraordinary for a lady of that age.

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Agree with all the comments on Abba, but re this Beatles effort,  was quite prepared to switch it off ( thank you for the link to it @cee-dee  ) but listened to the end and yes,  liked it.

Think if there's clever prep for when it's released,   it could be Xmas No. 1 this year ? 

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Isn't that reserved for a charity song of some sort?

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Oh  ! No idea,  but don't think so,  or has it now changed to that recently.

By recently I mean the last 10 years !!

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

i`ve never been a fan of the beatles, in fact not even close, just not my kind of music, but i have to be honest, i love this song, very clever how it was done 🙂

I also like Agnetha's latest song, but i always had a crush on her anyway 😍😍

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

I would always bow to your superior knowledge on music ' knight'. Me too,  not a big fan of the Beatles one or two songs of theirs I liked,   but could hear only once not on a loop over and over as with an Abba song.

I heard the single when released is going to cost £17.99!!    All you need is cash, eh !

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

`I heard the single when released is going to cost £17.99!! All you need is cash, eh !`

i know, crazy! i often walk past HMV in town and they have a big ad in the window, 3 albums for £40, i remember when you could probably buy 20 albums for that 🙂

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

Not a Beetles fan myself, but Abba, definately!

I find this new Beetles song drab and boring:-( Had to switch it off by the second droning monotone chorus -Eww. Certainly NOT music to my ears:-(

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent