The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Today's the day.

Today is the shortest day, there'll be lighter evenings from here on. It won't be noticeable for a while but at least it's a turning point, the beginning of the end for the dark days of Winter, soon be Spring? If we have a warm period, buds will star...

User avatar by Guide
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Who was your first live band?

Inspired by comments on another thread, I thought this might be a bit of fun, and nostalgia, in the run up to Xmas So, to kick it off: Tyrannosaurus Rex (before they abbreviated to T-Rex), 1969, Guildford Civic Hall. Tickets were 10s (50p) but they o...

Have we got a new glitch?

Have we got a new problem here? I looked at "Good Morning" and when it opened instead of "Re:- Good morning" there was a load of Re, Re, Re....... I looked at "Goodnight" and there was a HUGE load of "Re, Re, Re". Come on ebay, what's going on?"

User avatar by Guide
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Strikes???

What's your opinion on strikes and striking? Mine? I've never been in favour of strikes, you never get back the money you've lost after you've had a shortfall in wages because of it. Any increase eventually won is only marginal compared to what you'v...

User avatar by Guide
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

The Christmas adverts?

They've started early enough? We'll be sick of them by the time Christmas comes? Anyway, what do you think of seeing tables absolutely covered in food like in the M & S and Sainsburys adverts? How much would be eaten from spreads like that? Have you ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help us protect your account

Q. Is your personal info up to date? A. I have not changed my name or my date of birth for over 60 years, and if I had changed my address, my parcels would be going to the wrong place and I can assure you that I would have quickly rectified such an o...

Can anyone tell me.....

Why is what used to be a tip, good idea or hint now called a "hack"?A hack is when someone chops something, like hacking undergrowth, hacking a branch off a bush or tree or even hacking someone to death?

User avatar by Guide
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

anyone using a Rate table?

How is your experience using a rate table?is it advantageous for you or just cause hassles so rather stick to your traditional mental rates or charge customers postages in accordance to how you like ? just still confused of how rate tables work ,I am...

Another ebayer and good friend gone

Just got the bad news that Royal Velvet passed away last Tuesday 25th. I know a lot of you will remember her from the MDCC and her great work for animal charities.She was a lovely lady and the kindest friend anyone could ask for, I'll miss her greatl...

Which Calendar do they use in Sri Lanka?

I was thinking of sending a calendar as a gift to Sri Lanka. Does anyone know if they use "our" calendar locally, a different one or perhaps both? Although I mainly want to send it for the pictures would it be of any practical use to them or might th...

Resolved! Netflix

Any recommendations on just what to watch on Netflix please? So much choice! Am loving it though

Water.

Water? OK, everyone know's water's wet but in the UK we either have too much or not enough? A couple of things struck me. 1/ We've all seen pics of the low levels in reservoirs (we have, haven't we?) but while they're low, why don't they clear all th...

User avatar by Guide
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

HER ROYAL HIGHNESS QUEEN ELIZABETH II

After hearing the very sad news today, a moment of reflection, is called for here. I like many most of you on these boards, will not remember any other monarch in our lifetime, my thoughts are with their family in these sad times.

My how the forums have changed !

I remember not too long ago people posting early about Christmas coming, the bah humbug posts about mentioning it too early, the posts about people not celebrating Christmas, the people posting how it was not the same for them because they had lost l...