The end of days.

To those who think otherwise...... Science has discovered clear evidence of what will happen to the Solar system and the Earth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-50665998

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 44
See Most Recent
43 REPLIES 43

The end of days.

I remember my Youngest, first reading about, the expanding Sun
'We'll have to move'
The timescale lost on Her
But She wasn't accepting it, She and everyone else, will just Move

The Bald Ape reaching for the Stars, is it inside Us

hot-beverage.png 

*ÅL*

Message 2 of 44
See Most Recent

The end of days.

Mathew 24:14
And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

End of days yes but not as you describe, the end of this present system of things is what is the end of days, God has promised everlasting life on earth so even if science is pointing the the eventual burn out of the sun millions of years from now god will never allow that to happen as it is contrary to his promise
Science fails to include God in the future of our planet.
Message 3 of 44
See Most Recent

The end of days.

CD why did ya have to start all this up again? 😵
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 4 of 44
See Most Recent

The end of days.

????? Start what? My OP was about a scientific discovery, ie, an observation of another star system showing what will happen to our closest star as it reaches the end of it's life when it begins to run out of fuel.

Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 44
See Most Recent

The end of days.

I know but methinks the religious connotation in your choice of title was a tad provocative and that the second response was not a surprise to you!
Message 6 of 44
See Most Recent

The end of days.

Well, leaving aside idiotic ideas..... when the scientific community have come out with a similar prediction about the end of the sun, there have been those arguing a different scenario but that link is to an explanation to where it's actually happening.

Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 44
See Most Recent

The end of days.

Just few further thoughts and space etc.....

When objects form in space, they end up round. Also, everything is going round ie, they're revolving. It's not just the Earth (and the other Planets) revolving round the Sun, the whole Solar system is revolving. What're they revolving round? They, along with the rest of our Galaxy is revolving around the centre of the Galaxy.

What's in the centre? At the moment they call it a Black Hole and they say it's gravity is so strong that even light can't escape from it. The thing is.... is there any light to come out of there??????

It takes over 200 million years for our Solar system to make one revolution around the Galaxy centre so the whole Solar system is travelling at over 500,000 MPH. We're about 28,000 light years from the centre, phew, that's a long way?

Of the powerful forces in the Universe, gravity is pretty strong and works at great distances sooooooo because we and the rest of the Galaxy is revolving and we know there are "stray" stars and other objects "floating around", isn't it possible that the gravity of some of those things along with the rogue asteroids, comets etc might have some gravitational effect on not only our Planets but our Star (the Sun) too thereby causing some shift in our orbit which may well affect the distance between us and our Star?

Live long and prosper.

Message 8 of 44
See Most Recent

The end of days.

Becauses its so vast there is so much about the universe that we will never know, and to be honest using up our planets very meagre resources to seek answers in my opinion is quite foolish.

The very finely balanced position of the earth in relation to the sun, moon and other planets must in my opinion prove that there is a far superior intelligent powerful force maintaining the laws of gravity etc.
As you mention, stray stars and asteroids etc are floating around and possibly affecting the areas around them.
This wouldn't be a sudden new occurance so why hasn't it had an affect on earth before now. Its because that superior being Jehovah God is actually in control of the balance of the Complete universe.
Take for instance just the distance the earth is from the sun, any closer the earth would burn up the water would evaporate, any further away and the earth would freeze.
Our planets position is not coincidental it was placed in its position by calculated design, for the purpose of permanently sustaining life.
Message 9 of 44
See Most Recent

The end of days.

For goodness sake, did you HAVE to?????

All that rubbish about being "placed" is completely wrong because the Earth wasn't where it is now until it was shifted by a collision. I supose you'll claim THAT was by the hand of some being or other?

Anyway, the Earth won't "permanently sustain life" because it'll be consumed by the Sun as it nears the end of it's life after consuming most of it's fuel.

Live long and prosper.

Message 10 of 44
See Most Recent

The end of days.

The very finely balanced position of the earth in relation to the sun, moon and other planets must in my opinion prove that there is a far superior intelligent powerful force maintaining the laws of gravity etc

So we live on a tiny speck of a planet in a vast Universe which would kill us in an instant, a planet consisting of 70% water we can't drink, more than half of the land is only habitable with great difficulty and what is left frequently tries to kill us in one way or another.

The Earth has near misses by asteroids on a regular basis, many could destroy us.

It staggers me that anyone could possibly think that was the result of any sort of intelligence.

The fine tuning argument fails because we don't have another universe to compare ours to and we evolved as we are because of the conditions, they existed for billions of years before we were around.

Physical laws do not need maintaining.

The Earth's distance from the Sun is not that precise, it varies by about 3,000,000 miles through the year.

The end of days.

Claiming "Of the powerful forces in the Universe, gravity is pretty strong" is simply wrong!

Gravity is one of the weakest forces in the Universe.

Message 12 of 44
See Most Recent

The end of days.

But it's the strongest at distance!!

Live long and prosper.

Message 13 of 44
See Most Recent

The end of days.

I had to dash off hence the short reply.

OK, so we're on about the strongest force are we? I did say "at distance" and was speaking about the effect on stellar and inter-stellar bodies so although electromagnetic force may cross the Universe, it's not going to do anything in affecting the effect of one body on another and neither are the two nuclear forces.

Gravity on the other hand will have an effect over great distances.

Live long and prosper.

Message 14 of 44
See Most Recent

The end of days.

I don't know, (because you've not said) which force you're going to claim is a powerful force but from what I read, the Strong Nuclear Force is the strongest force BUT... it's power rapidly diminishes after about 10 femtometres. A femtometre is one quadrillionth of a meter so the force doesn't have much effect over distance!

The Weak Nuclear Force acts over an even shorter distance.

The Electromagnetic Force acts over infinite distances (as does gravity) but as gravity acts on mass, the bigger the mass, the stronger it's gravity.

After the four forces, it's claimed there's a fifth = dark matter but that's not been proven...... yet.

Live long and prosper.

Message 15 of 44
See Most Recent

The end of days.

Whatever scenario causes the final demise of our planet and the rest of the solar system is irrelevant to the human race; it is practically a certainty that Homo sapiens will be long extinct before then.

Will we evolve, will we be wiped out or will AI be the future?

Who knows but I'm glad I didn't miss the 60s!
Message 16 of 44
See Most Recent

The end of days.

Lets hope there is intellegent life somewhere up there, because there isnt any down here on earth

Photobucket
Message 17 of 44
See Most Recent

The end of days.

In fact the end of days, as described in the Bible is just around the corner.

Something that can be verified by history,

Daniels prophecy regarding King Nebuchadnezzar's dream of world powers being overthrown states the Anglo American world power of today will be overthrown by Gods government very soon and that will stand forever.

Wouldn't it be a wise move to check it out?
Message 18 of 44
See Most Recent

The end of days.

Verified? That, if it were true could be applied to time going back more than the last 100 years (and the Anglo bit is hardly a world power now), no doubt that's why the JWs have failed to get the date for your end of days wrong so many times during the last century.

What do you see (in time) as 'around the corner'?? That phrase means nothing and your group has stopped giving a future date after so many didn't happen.

There is nothing that you can 'verify'. You only have blind faith in a sect that has only been in existence for no more than 150 years.
Message 19 of 44
See Most Recent

The end of days.

So-called "prophets" come out with vaguely worded "prophecies" that can be interpreted many different ways so that when something happens that vaguely resembles what was "prophecised", claims are then made about the "accuracy" of such things.

Live long and prosper.

Message 20 of 44
See Most Recent