Petulant child?

I see lots of criticism of Harry & Meghan's recent decision, all blaming Meghan.

I think the problem is with Harry going over the top with his "privacy concerns" and memories of his mother. His possessive attitude with Archie shows up in the photos giving me thoughts that it's Harry who wants to "go it alone" away from the Royal Family.

From what I read it looks like he wants to have his cake and eat it and not only that, eat others share too but exclude those with whom he should be sharing it.

It all looks a most unsavoury way to go about things verging on childish behaviour.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 18
See Most Recent
17 REPLIES 17

Petulant child?

I can't comment on what either of them are thinking. Her past friends say she wanted fame, but perhaps she didn't anticipate the difference between celebrity and royalty and the duties the latter entailed, not to mention the intrusive nature of the press and the **bleep**iness of people like Piers Morgan.

I don't care what they do but I do think it's inappropriate to have made an announcement without prior discussion of their plans to opt out with the Queen and Harry's father, and brother. It's not as simple as quitting a job. Will taxpayers still be paying for their security and other expenses that arise because of his position in the royal family?
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 2 of 18
See Most Recent

Petulant child?

Oh **bleep**, you can't even say a word on here that includes the name for a female hound but Vince Cable can use Borrocks to Brexit as an election slogan!
Message 3 of 18
See Most Recent

Petulant child?

That's been the case for a long time on here, Suzie.

Message 4 of 18
See Most Recent

Petulant child?

The thing I wondered is what do they mean by financially independent, do they mean independent with their security and things paid for, or really making their own way like the rest of us.

Either way I doubt we'll see them queuing up at the food bank.

Message 5 of 18
See Most Recent

Petulant child?

I know, just felt like saying how ridiculous this forum is!
Message 6 of 18
See Most Recent

Petulant child?

You are a long experienced poster and by now you should know full well the petty "rules" regarding the use of harmless and innocuous words even when used in their proper context.

We know not to use the descriptive word for a male bird or directly mention that common garden bird which has the colour Blue in its name which comes from a family of similar small birds which also includes the unmentionable word.

Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 18
See Most Recent

Petulant child?

I do know full well thank you, but that doesn't mean I can't comment to explain my intended description of the unpleasant Mr Morgan without being lectured on what I should know!
Message 8 of 18
See Most Recent

Petulant child?

Whatever H and M choose to do that's best for their future, I wish them well. I see that M has already flown back to Canada having left Archie there and I guess that H will soon be crossing the Atlantic again too.

But I'm not sure that announcing their plans on Instagram and then deleting all critical posts was the most sensible way to go about it.

Will they drop the HRH, and what about the Sussex title now that they have set up the brand of Sussex Royal to sell merchandise among its other purposes? Can you be half in and half out of a Royal Family and not be viewed as having your cake and eating it.

If they are suffering in their royal roles it seems to me that they would be much happier out of it altogether, and they have the private finances to afford that choice.

Message 9 of 18
See Most Recent

Petulant child?

I think it was Prince Harry who said 'What Meghan wants, Meghan gets'. This is obviously what she wants....good luck to them, as long as my taxes as not paying for them. I do find it very telling that she has ditched all her family (except her Mum) and old friends now that she is 'Royal'. I am a big fan of Her Majesty the Queen, but I totally lost interest in Meghan when she began spouting off about Women's Rights, Me Too, Racism etc, etc. We get enough of that from the Lefties, we don't need more of it from our Royals.

Message 10 of 18
See Most Recent

Petulant child?

I have no objection to her fighting for women's rights and against racism - good for her IMO. There are still plenty of issues of gender inequality and racism even if things have greatly improved since the 70s.

I don't know if British objections to Meghan are largely racist or not. I suspect there is an element of that which is sad and unacceptable, but it can sometimes be a card that is played when it may not be the reason.

I think more to the point is whether she should accept protocol when marrying into a formal establishment like the British Royal family. If neither of them like it, then let them leave, but maybe not just the bits that don't suit them. Harry's previous girlfriends decided the implications of becoming royalty were not for them. Meghan must have been warned of how things would be by Harry and others, but I guess she wasn't fully prepared for such a role. Maybe Harry was always looking for a way out, who knows but that would not surprise me .

On racism and how hard it is to know if that is as bad as claimed, take Diane Abbott's fairly recent complaints - she has stated that all criticism of her after her cringeworthy responses on a programme I watched (Newsnight or QT or similar) was racist and sexist. Not for me it isn't, I care not what colour she is but I'm not impressed by her because in the various interviews I have seen her in, she has either talked a lot of garbage, or can't get her figures right, or just keeps repeating the same nonsense while never answering the question. No admittance that it could be because she came across as incompetent.
Message 11 of 18
See Most Recent

Petulant child?

Don't you find that some who scream "racist" are the ones who'd react badly no matter on what subject someone had an opposing view to theirs?

Some of those screaming "racism" are actually violently racist themselves. If someone of their colour said something to them, they'd ignore it or shrug it off and not react but if a White person said the same thing they'd go up like a bottle of pop.

I still think the main problem with M & H is actually Harry. A long time back when he and William were discussing the succession, Wills at that time was implying he'd rather not have the job (ie, be King) and Harry was reported as saying "If you don't want it, I'll have it".

Now it seems he's miffed because the photo showing the Queen with Charles, Wills and George didn't include him. It wouldn't would it because the photo was showing the direct line of succession.

Live long and prosper.

Message 12 of 18
See Most Recent

Petulant child?

I can't remember the name but I was listening to someone who had served with Prince Harry in the Army and was now an organiser for the Invictus Games.

i thought he had it right when he said that when you get married and have a family then that should, and does for most people, become the most important thing in your life.  If you believe that the best thing for your family is to change the way you are living the only life you  and your family will have then criticism of that change is out of order.  

Message 13 of 18
See Most Recent

Petulant child?

I think that's a fair point, but if there is too much cherry picking for the best of both worlds (and I'm not saying there will be), that will likely draw criticism at least re their financing.
Not many couples have 33million to change their lives, so they could well be independent and they stand to make millions from their merchandising and other opportunities. Much will go to good causes I don't doubt but if the taxpayer is contributing to their lifestyle they will have to find the right balance - quite a challenge I reckon.

If celebrity rather than royalty appeals, there's always the Clooneys for advice 🙂
Message 14 of 18
See Most Recent

Petulant child?

Petulant child?

Who knows?

Maybe a child who was so damaged by the early years if his life and losing his mother, never having a good combined loving example to form a good stable mental attidude.

Not every royal fairs well in the monarchy, head of the country environment.

Perhaps they do just want to do their own thing the way they want to together and why shouldn't they. We can all make mistakes in the way we implement things too.
Next mood swing in six minutes.
Message 15 of 18
See Most Recent

Petulant child?

Well now, it's just emerged that years ago on a car journey Wills and Harry were arguing and Harry is reported to have said "You'll be King one day, I won't, therefore I can do what I want".

His mother is reported to have said "Where the hell did he get that from?"

Soooooo, I don't think I was wrong in entitling the thread "Petulant child"?

Live long and prosper.

Message 16 of 18
See Most Recent

Petulant child?

Character labelling based on a comment made in childhood??
Message 17 of 18
See Most Recent

Petulant child?

Noooo, not just that but that comment showed an early bit of resentment. Also see what he is reported to have said in #12.

Things build, and if you follow his attitude over the years you can see he's got "problems". He's affected by what happened with his mother (more so than Wills?) and he's affected by his Army life and his comrades.

There's never just the one thing or happening that causes a "final outburst", it's a series of things and we rarely get to know very much.

Live long and prosper.

Message 18 of 18
See Most Recent