Corona virus is more evidence.

The corona virus is evidence we are deep into "the last days"

The Bible’s answer
The Bible describes events and conditions that would mark “the conclusion of the [current] system of things,” or “the end of the world.” (Matthew 24:3; King James Version) The Bible calls this time period “the last days” and the “time of the end,” or “end times.” (2 Timothy 3:1; Daniel 8:​19; Easy-to-Read Version) The following are some outstanding features of last-days, or end-times, prophecies:
War on a large scale.​—Matthew 24:7; Revelation 6:4.
Famine.​—Matthew 24:7; Revelation 6:​5, 6.
Great earthquakes.​—Luke 21:11.
Pestilences, or epidemics of “terrible diseases.”​—Luke 21:11, Contemporary English Version.
Increase of crime.​—Matthew 24:12.
Ruining of the earth by mankind.​—Revelation 11:18.
Deterioration of people’s attitudes, as shown by many who are “unthankful, disloyal, . . . not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride.”​—2 Timothy 3:​1-4.
Breakdown of the family, with people who have “no natural affection” and children who are “disobedient to parents.”​—2 Timothy 3:​2, 3.
Love of God growing cold in most people.​—Matthew 24:12.
Noteworthy displays of religious hypocrisy.​—2 Timothy 3:5.
Increased understanding of Bible prophecies, including those related to the last days.​—Daniel 12:4.
Global preaching of the good news of the Kingdom.​—Matthew 24:14.
Widespread apathy and even ridicule toward the evidence of the approaching end.​—Matthew 24:37-​39; 2 Peter 3:​3, 4.
The simultaneous fulfillment of all these prophecies, not just a few or even most of them.​—Matthew 24:33.

Are we living in “the last days”?

Yes. World conditions as well as Bible chronology indicate that the last days began in 1914. At that time, God’s Kingdom began ruling in heaven, and one of its first actions was to expel Satan the Devil and the demons from heaven and restrict their activity to the earth. (Revelation 12:​7-​12) Satan’s influence on mankind can be seen in many of the bad attitudes and actions that make the last days “critical times hard to deal with.”​—2 Timothy 3:1.

We ar living in the times of the four horseman.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-no3-2017-may/who-are-the-four-horsemen/

Message 1 of 96
See Most Recent
95 REPLIES 95

What a load of codswallop.

The joke is most of those things had been going on for many centuries before those supposed prophecies were even written.

You both may very well think so, it is your choice ☺

However my love and compassion for everyone moves me to follow Gods and Jesus' command to voice that warning.
I find it very hard to see people ignore it because like the corona virus warning it does mean your life at the end of the day.
You scorn persons for not heeding the warnings for this outbreak, for ignoring the seriousness of the situation and yet you are bind to the far more important message, warning all of a far greater destruction in the not too distant future.

I won't deny, there have been calamities, deseases, famines and wars from early time till now, but the warning is that these will be happening on a greater scale all at once to the point where mankind just can't cope with it all. Crytical times hard to deal with. This in a relatively short space of time since 1914.

The warning is a saving warning like the corona virus guidelines to which people are being scorned for ignoring. Ignore them both at your peril. 🙁

Wouldn't it be a wiser course for survival to look into those warnings with a fresh open mind as they are their for everyone's safety, bebifit and ultimately survival.
Message 4 of 96
See Most Recent

Sorry for so many spelling mistakes, mobile phones aren't built for podgy fingers 😏
Message 5 of 96
See Most Recent

yet you are bind to the far more important message, warning all of a far greater destruction in the not too distant future.

That 'not too distant' future is supposed to have been round the corner for nearly 2,000 years, don't you think it was merely a wild claim by a story teller?

Especially given there has never been one jot of evidence that your God or the Jesus of the Bible has ever existed.

Faith is the pretending to know that which you cannot know.

If this is our resident JW.....we all know who....posting this, then it is in very poor taste to post this tripe at this time. We are all aware of the seriousness of the situation, but there are some fragile souls who could be tipped over the edge by posts like this. I cannot believe that there are persons who would use this situation to push their own pathetic agenda. Totally thoughtless.

Message 7 of 96
See Most Recent

Not to mention there is already a JW thread which they posted on as well as starting a new one 🙄
Which two groups look forward to the apocalypse?. ... JW cult and IS/Daesh terrorists.
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 8 of 96
See Most Recent

Bankhaunter, you seem to use your history arguments a fair bit, ive been reading quite a few threads here, your answers to busty's posts on the "The End of Days" thread comes to mind.
It is only since 1914 that many of the prophecies regarding the last days are becoming fulfilled so I disagree that the quote " just around the corner" has been used for over 2,000 years.
Yes the promise to restore life on earth has been preached but how can 2,000 years as we know it be just around the corner.

As for proof that God and Jesus exists there is much proof but who ever doesn't want to accept it will use the argument it is not proved.
That's fine all our own choice. We were all given freedom of choice.

You can't see the wind but you know it's there.

Astrologica , poor taste? I disagree as the board doesn't appear to be used by many, there only seems to be a few old faithfuls, all who appear to have strong dispositions.
To educate a little, JW's are noted for their love and compassion towards all and always do everything they can to help and adhere to government guidelines in critical times like these.
My thoughts were purely pointing out that notice is being taken of what appeared to lack of humanity on the part of a fellow poster when a serious worldly problem is at hand but of a far serious one people take no note.
Of course it is because you are clearly annoyed about this type of post so you choose to have your say.
That is fine too.

To be educated about how to save lives and who is the only one who can and will do that for the benifit of all is not wrong
Message 9 of 96
See Most Recent

So...how are you going to save lives then?

Message 10 of 96
See Most Recent

We are indeed a few hardy souls left here, but how do you know how many people are looking at the threads, and their dispositions.?

Most of us here have been here, on this Earth , quite a while, and we deal with the ups and downs of life with fortitude and a great deal of humour if possible. But there are younger people who have not had to deal with life's nasty turns, and are finding this crisis quite terrifying. And I'm sure a few lines from The Watchtower are not going to help much. We should be looking for positive news, with hope for our future, rather than lectures telling us it's all our own fault and we're all doomed....and soon.

Message 11 of 96
See Most Recent

@the-blue-rose wrote:
. .. .To educate a little, JW's are noted for their love and compassion towards all and always do everything they can to help and adhere to government guidelines in critical times like these.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Simply not true if the numerous reports from around the world regarding child abuse cover ups have any basis in fact.

We live just 3 doors down from a Jehovah's Witness Temple and as you can imagine get a regular door "knock".  On numerous occasions I have asked the simple question that if a child reported that they had been sexually abused by a member of the congregation but there were no witnesses would the "elders" recommend that the matter be reported to the police.  I have never been given a definitive answer.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/25/jehovahs-witnesses-accused-of-silencing-victims-of-chi...

Message 12 of 96
See Most Recent

Quite right creeky, and the answers are all over the internet from ex JWs who were brave enough to break away.
That abuse is seen as a sin by the so-called elders and not a crime I find despicable, and there is no compassion with the practice of shunning
Message 13 of 96
See Most Recent

...and the resulting suicides that have occurred.
I have nothing against religion and individual's beliefs in general but I have no patience with all this proselytising piffle and claims of compassion by a cult who treats some of its members so cruelly.
Message 15 of 96
See Most Recent

Of course we have been here before creeky on the other thread, but all comments about the well documented abuse are always ignored
Message 16 of 96
See Most Recent

Susie - not sure which thread you refer to as I now tend to stay away from 'religious' ones - I do remember, maybe as long ago as 2 years back, asking Busty what would happen if a child reported abuse and there were no witnesses - she promised that she would ask her elders and get back to me - she never did!

Message 17 of 96
See Most Recent

Creeky- I asked the same about the abuse issue and the ridiculous 2 witness rule, I assume on the 'it's been a while' thread but I'm not going to revisit all that again! And there have been threads before that never-ending one, over several years now.
Also, no answer.
Ostriches come to mind when the terrain gets tricky
Message 18 of 96
See Most Recent

Maybe we will get a response on this thread then.

The lack of a response can only mean that the behaviour regarding abuse and suicide is condoned.

Message 19 of 96
See Most Recent

All answers can be had if you truly want them, it just means a little work from yourselves. Looking and taking answers from the right source. This will go some way to explaining.

I have seen from some past threads that links annoy, I am sorry about that but if you catch my drift with what follows you may understand why it is nearly always posted links for the main body of answers. You are being answered after allCat Happy

Who Really Rules the World?

Many people would answer the above question with a single word—God.

But significantly, nowhere does the Bible say that either Jesus Christ or his Father are the real rulers of this world. On the contrary, Jesus said: “The ruler of this world will be cast out.” And he added: “The ruler of the world is coming. And he has no hold on me.”—John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11.
So the ruler of this world is in opposition to Jesus. Who could this be?
A Clue From World Conditions
Despite the efforts of well-meaning humans, the world has suffered terribly throughout history. This causes thinking persons to wonder, as did the late editorial writer David Lawrence: “‘Peace on earth’—nearly everybody wants it. ‘Good will towards men__ almost all the peoples of the world feel it toward one another. Then what’s wrong? Why is war threatened despite the innate desires of peoples?”

It seems a paradox, doesn’t it? When the natural desire of people is to live at peace, they commonly hate and kill one another—and with such viciousness. Consider the cold-blooded excesses in monstrous cruelty. Humans have used gas chambers, concentration camps, flamethrowers, napalm bombs, and other heinous methods to torture and slaughter one another mercilessly.
Do you believe that humans, who long for peace and happiness, are capable, in themselves, of such gross wickedness against others? What forces drive men to such loathsome deeds or maneuver them into situations where they feel compelled to commit atrocities? Have you ever wondered whether some wicked, invisible power is influencing people to commit such acts of violence?

The Rulers of the World Identified

There is no need to guess at the matter, for the Bible clearly shows that an intelligent, unseen person has been controlling both men and nations. It says: “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” And the Bible identifies him, saying: “The one called Devil and Satan . . . is misleading the entire inhabited earth.”—1 John 5:19; Revelation 12:9.
On an occasion when Jesus was “tempted by the Devil,” Jesus did not question Satan’s role as the ruler of this world. The Bible explains what happened: “The Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory, and he said to him: ‘All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.’ Then Jesus said to him: ‘Go away, Satan!’”—Matthew 4:1, 8-10.

Think about this. Satan tempted Jesus by offering him “all the kingdoms of the world.” Yet, would Satan’s offer have been a real temptation if Satan was not actually the ruler of these kingdoms? No, it would not. And note, Jesus did not deny that all these worldly governments were Satan’s, which he would have done if Satan did not have power over them. So, then, Satan the Devil really is the unseen ruler of the world! The Bible, in fact, calls him “the god of this system of things.” (2 Corinthians 4:4) Yet, how did such a wicked person ever come into this powerful position?

The one who became Satan had been an angel created by God, but he became envious of God’s position. He challenged God’s rightful rulership. To this end he used a serpent as a mouthpiece to deceive the first woman, Eve, and was thus able to get her and her husband, Adam, to do his bidding rather than obey God. (Genesis 3:1-6; 2 Corinthians 11:3) He also claimed he could turn all of Adam and Eve’s yet unborn offspring away from God. So God allowed time for Satan to try to prove his claim, but Satan has not succeeded.—Job 1:6-12; 2:1-10.
Significantly, Satan is not alone in his rulership of the world. He was successful in persuading some of the other angels to join him in rebellion against God. These became demons, his spirit accomplices. The Bible speaks of them when it urges Christians: “Stand firm against the machinations of the Devil; because we have a wrestling, not against blood and flesh, but . . . against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places.”—Ephesians 6:11, 12.
Resist Wicked Spirits

These unseen, wicked world rulers are determined to mislead all mankind, turning them away from the worship of God. One way wicked spirits do this is by promoting the idea of survival after death, even though God’s Word clearly shows that the dead are not conscious. (Genesis 2:17; 3:19; Ezekiel 18:4; Psalm 146:3, 4; Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10) Thus, a wicked spirit, imitating the voice of one who has died, may talk with that one’s living relatives or friends, either through a spirit medium or by a “voice” from the invisible realm. The “voice” pretends to be the departed one, yet it is actually a demon!
So if you ever hear such a “voice,” do not be deceived. Reject whatever it says, and echo Jesus’ words: “Go away, Satan!” (Matthew 4:10; James 4:7) Do not allow curiosity about the spirit realm to cause you to become involved with wicked spirits. Such involvement is called spiritism, and God warns his worshipers against it in all its forms. The Bible condemns “anyone who employs divination . . . or anyone who consults a spirit medium or a professional foreteller of events or anyone who inquires of the dead.”—Deuteronomy 18:10-12; Galatians 5:19-21; Revelation 21:8.

Since spiritism brings a person under the influence of the demons, resist all its practices regardless of how much fun, or how exciting, they may seem to be. These practices include crystal-ball gazing, use of Ouija boards, ESP, examining the lines of one’s hand (palmistry), and astrology. Demons have also caused noises and other physical phenomena in houses that they make their territory.

In addition, wicked spirits capitalize on the sinful bent of humans by promoting literature, movies, and television programs that feature immoral and unnatural sexual behavior. The demons know that wrong thoughts if not expelled from the mind will cause indelible impressions and lead humans to behave immorally—like the demons themselves.—Genesis 6:1, 2; 1 Thessalonians 4:3-8; Jude 6.
True, many may scoff at the idea that this world is ruled by wicked spirits. But their disbelief is not surprising, since the Bible says: “Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light.” (2 Corinthians 11:14) His most clever deception has been in blinding many to the fact that he and his demons really exist. But do not be deceived! The Devil and his demons are real, and you need to resist them continually.—1 Peter 5:8, 9.

Happily, the time is now near when Satan and his cohorts will be no more! “The world [including its demon rulers] is passing away,” the Bible assures, “but he that does the will of God remains forever.” (1 John 2:17) What a relief it will be to have that evil influence removed! May we, therefore, be among those who do God’s will and enjoy life forever in God’s righteous new world.—Psalm 37:9-11, 29; 2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:3, 4.
Unless otherwise indicated, all Bible quotations are from the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.
[Picture on page 4]
Could Satan have offered Jesus all these world governments if they were not his?

The link to the above:-

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101992060

Under the title (linked)  "similar material* on that page, is a list of linked topics all relevant to the above.

I know it is a lot of information but to get good, real and clear answers the seaker does need to read some or all of them if answers are genuinely sought. 

I have posted a couple of links that I feel may be of help, but seaking answers has to be down to the individual to want to, need to, and to use their own reasoning on what God gives in his word. 

Know your enemy:-

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402018406

How to Avoid Coming Under the Devil’s Control:-

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1968881

Of course you don't have to if you don't want to, read any of that, but then it is grossly unfair to accuse God our creator of anything if you don't have all the facts, and have only listened to and drawn your conclusions from one side. That is what is being done because I am sure none of you take the trouble to get the truth of anything before you post, it is impossible for you to do so because every worldly thing you read and have, you have been guided to by the one in the above article.

As for previous questions I'm sure busty had good reason for what ever it was she was posting about or not as the case maybe.

Message 20 of 96
See Most Recent