The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Happy Easter

Wherever you're in lockdown Great weather eh? Looks like we had all our April showers with the March windsWhat are you lot doing?Astro and marge gimme some of them chocs you are hiding

BBC repeats online

BBC online player is showing repeats of various programmes, but why are they never in order? Father Brown started off OK with Series One, episodes 1, 2 and 3.It then jumped to Series Eight With Eggheads, they missed an episode outWent smoothly to epi...

New Update

A REMINDER ON HOSPITAL VISITING POLICY The Department of Health in Northern Ireland said on Thursday that visiting in hospitals has ended as part of plans to deal with the Covid-19 surge.You won't be able see your family member or friends, except in ...

Recycling Centres, garden centres

After closing recycling centres .....I wondered when the fly tipping would start Places are starting to look like a Spanish cliff (no offence to Spain I just remember a botany trip round Southern Spain in the 90s and every time I look at a view from ...

Porkies, Power and Propaganda

Hmmm, what is Beijing up to?https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/the-coronavirus-pandemic-is-the-breakthrough-xi-jinping-has-been-waiting-for-and-hes-making-his-move/A longish read, but thought provoking?

Hello all 😛Had to share this

Just read this and it made me laugh out loud so thought I'd share it. https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/mar/30/astrophysicist-gets-magnets-stuck-up-nose-while-inventing-coronavirus-device

Corona virus is more evidence.

The corona virus is evidence we are deep into "the last days" The Bible’s answerThe Bible describes events and conditions that would mark “the conclusion of the [current] system of things,” or “the end of the world.” (Matthew 24:3; King James Version...

Would you use this app?

BBC News - Coronavirus: UK considers virus-tracing app to ease lockdownhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52095331I would.Or do you think it's too invasive of your privacy?

No Panic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-51823128/coronavirus-don-t-panic-be-community-minded-says-loo-roll-boss that's a relief

The end of days.

To those who think otherwise...... Science has discovered clear evidence of what will happen to the Solar system and the Earth. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-50665998

User avatar by Guide
  • 43 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re: Social Distancing

Hmm not sure how this would work. Just had a phone call from the builders saying materials being delivered tomorrow and i will need to sign for them...and asked them IF we went into total lockdown say tomorrow will they still come on Wednesday?..... ...

Iv'e never had much time for politicians but......

I have began to realise that it must be an incredibly difficult job to be a PM ,trying to balance things and keep things going but at the same time trying to keep people safe. So very difficult and so very complicated.Makes my life seem so simple now...

Resolved! It's been a while :-)

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-no1-2018-jan-feb/bible-guidance-relevant/ A topic that is being offered for discussion this month. Some may find it interesting xxx

Nottingham Trent University (Peregrine's Nest)

Naturally I don't know if anyone would be interested in watching these Peregrine's, live on video camera at the University. The eggs surely are soon to be laid. Last year and the year before 3 eggs each time were laid, and all the birds fledged well....

Who is it?

For weeks now, every time the TV news reports from Westminster, there's some bloke bawling in the background. Who is he? Has he nothing better to do? What's he think he's going to achieve by his constant shouting?

User avatar by Guide
  • 48 replies
  • 0 kudos

H & M's Security costs

So Canadian taxpayers will not be footing the bill for security while H&M are living in Canada. Can't say I blame them, neither do I think that British taxpayers should pay while they are living in another country. What do you think?Will the US pay w...

How do they....?

Phone rings and I'm alerted straight away as it's an automated message and as soon as they mentioned Amazon I put the phone down!!! I don't have an Amazon account and have never dealt with Amazon. How do the scammers get your number? Do they call at ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ban on new Petrol/diesel cars?

The ban on the sales of new Petrol, Diesel or hybrid cars is to be brought forward to 2035 from 2040. What's your take on that? How long do the batteries for electric cars last, how much is a replacement and how are they produced and what with? Doesn...

User avatar by Guide
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

Whirlpool.

I guess most will have seen the product recall for washing machines made by Whirlpool (under a couple of names)? I wonder if you'd be interested in my experience over it? On 21st December I called the recall number and had a difficult call with a cha...

User avatar by Guide
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Viewers?

Noting the lack of posters on the boards, I still see plenty of viewers so why don't they post? Have they nothing to say? Had I thought of it earlier, it might have been a good idea to suggest a New Years resolution to post more on the boards? At one...

User avatar by Guide
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Huawei and 5G

Should we be worried or are the US paranoid? Complex issues I know as we already incorporate their technology and hard to stop it now, but would China really want to dump on their own doorstep? Who would trade with them if they were found to be carry...

Tv licence

Whilst it doesn’t affect me and is unlikely to, the announcement today by the bbc that it is to stop giving out free tv licences to the over 75s is certainly causing a stir. There is of course a caveat that those on pension credit will not be affecte...

Bullies?

I've been wondering what opinions others might have about bullies and if they're similar or in opposition to mine? I've found that bullies keep on bullying until someone strikes back and if it's a significant strike, the bullies squeal like a stuck p...

User avatar by Guide
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Petulant child?

I see lots of criticism of Harry & Meghan's recent decision, all blaming Meghan. I think the problem is with Harry going over the top with his "privacy concerns" and memories of his mother. His possessive attitude with Archie shows up in the photos g...

User avatar by Guide
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Calling out the Ambulance

Good evening.I've been involved in a debate on another platform about whether or not an ambulance should be called out as a matter of course to any elderly person who has a fall outside.Some say no, make assessment as to whether it is necessary first...