Corona virus is more evidence.

The corona virus is evidence we are deep into "the last days"

The Bible’s answer
The Bible describes events and conditions that would mark “the conclusion of the [current] system of things,” or “the end of the world.” (Matthew 24:3; King James Version) The Bible calls this time period “the last days” and the “time of the end,” or “end times.” (2 Timothy 3:1; Daniel 8:​19; Easy-to-Read Version) The following are some outstanding features of last-days, or end-times, prophecies:
War on a large scale.​—Matthew 24:7; Revelation 6:4.
Famine.​—Matthew 24:7; Revelation 6:​5, 6.
Great earthquakes.​—Luke 21:11.
Pestilences, or epidemics of “terrible diseases.”​—Luke 21:11, Contemporary English Version.
Increase of crime.​—Matthew 24:12.
Ruining of the earth by mankind.​—Revelation 11:18.
Deterioration of people’s attitudes, as shown by many who are “unthankful, disloyal, . . . not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride.”​—2 Timothy 3:​1-4.
Breakdown of the family, with people who have “no natural affection” and children who are “disobedient to parents.”​—2 Timothy 3:​2, 3.
Love of God growing cold in most people.​—Matthew 24:12.
Noteworthy displays of religious hypocrisy.​—2 Timothy 3:5.
Increased understanding of Bible prophecies, including those related to the last days.​—Daniel 12:4.
Global preaching of the good news of the Kingdom.​—Matthew 24:14.
Widespread apathy and even ridicule toward the evidence of the approaching end.​—Matthew 24:37-​39; 2 Peter 3:​3, 4.
The simultaneous fulfillment of all these prophecies, not just a few or even most of them.​—Matthew 24:33.

Are we living in “the last days”?

Yes. World conditions as well as Bible chronology indicate that the last days began in 1914. At that time, God’s Kingdom began ruling in heaven, and one of its first actions was to expel Satan the Devil and the demons from heaven and restrict their activity to the earth. (Revelation 12:​7-​12) Satan’s influence on mankind can be seen in many of the bad attitudes and actions that make the last days “critical times hard to deal with.”​—2 Timothy 3:1.

We ar living in the times of the four horseman.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-no3-2017-may/who-are-the-four-horsemen/

Message 1 of 96
See Most Recent
95 REPLIES 95

Re: Corona virus is more evidence.

@0125arwen wrote

As i said people disown others for a myriad of reasons, this is just one of many.

Suicide rates are not worse amongst those who chose to leave the fellowship, knowing full well what leaving entails.

There are people who i refuse to associate with because of their lifestyles, this is no different.

In my opinion.

Wrong - look it up!

You may hold that opinion - I don't - you are entitled to your opinion, after all some think the world is flat.

Message 81 of 96
See Most Recent

Suicide rate in JWs estimated to be 5-10 times the normal population.

http://naijachurchnews.com/jehovahs-witnesses-suicide-rate-5-10-times-average/?fbclid=IwAR10bco-TxYW...

But then JWs just say that everything negative that is posted about aspects such as this and about child abuse even by the victims themselves is all lies.

I believe that there have been some successful prosecutions re child abuse recently. How can that be if it's all a lie?!
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 82 of 96
See Most Recent

Apologists for those who do harm to others are just as bad as the perpetrators - but that's just my opinion

Message 83 of 96
See Most Recent

@upthecreekyetagain wrote:

Apologists for those who do harm to others are just as bad as the perpetrators - but that's just my opinion

In any group of people there are some who do harm to others,

I don't judge them all for the actions of a few I am not that judgemental, try it sometime.

As for apologists I apologised for nothing, why would I when i don't visit  a kingdom hall?

You seem rather stressed maybe you need to find a faith that suits you instead of attacking others for theirs.

I hope for the best from everyone knowing full well some will fall short, such is life.

Keep happy stay safe enjoy life.

Message 84 of 96
See Most Recent

I don't attack anyone for their faith - read my posts - I really don't care what anyone believes in.

I do think it is fair though to attack any group, whether that be one with racist, sexist or with any other "evil" teachings.  Often said but rarely listened to, "the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing".

You are quite right that in any group there will be the good and the bad - it's not the Jehovah's Witness members that I dislike, it is the institution - I don't dislike the institution for it's beliefs but the way in which those beliefs manifest themselves. 

I don't like the fact that the institution covers up child abuse, I don't like the institution because it is sexist and patriarchal, I don't like the institution because it is homophobic, I don't like the institution because it is hypocritical. 

As for not being an apologist, I think you need to look up the definition 😉 - - you seem happy to speak in defence of the JWs as an organisation.

Message 85 of 96
See Most Recent

The reasons that you dislike JW faith...the covering up of abuse, the sexism and patriarchy, the homophobia and the hypocrisy, these are all prevalent in the Islamic faith. I dislike both these faiths for the same reasons. Women are subjugated, and classed as inferior to men. And both have extremely cruel attitudes to gay people, which I find abhorrent. Neither of these faiths have a place in a fair society.

Message 86 of 96
See Most Recent

If a proponent of Islam posted on this board and tried to justify such actions then my response would be the same as to those who post in support of the JWs as an organisation.

Something that should be remembered though is that there is no single Islamic Church in the same way that there is no single Christian one.  The range goes from the terrorist fanatics all the way through to the totally integrated, almost Islam in name only, Westernised ones.

Message 87 of 96
See Most Recent

I don't attack anyone for their faith - read my posts - I really don't care what anyone believes in.

I do think it is fair though to attack any group, whether that be one with racist, sexist or with any other "evil" teachings.  Often said but rarely listened to, "the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing".

You are quite right that in any group there will be the good and the bad - it's not the Jehovah's Witness members that I dislike, it is the institution - I don't dislike the institution for it's beliefs but the way in which those beliefs manifest themselves. 

I don't like the fact that the institution covers up child abuse, I don't like the institution because it is sexist and patriarchal, I don't like the institution because it is homophobic, I don't like the institution because it is hypocritical. 

As for not being an apologist, I think you need to look up the definition 😉 - - you seem happy to speak in defence of the JWs as an organisation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am happy to speak in defence of jw but I never mentioned as an organisation I specifically mentioned those out in the community giving lonely citizens some company many of whom would get no visitors at all if not for jw, you can twist that to mean whatever you like and I know for sure you will, again.

As for you saying, '' it's not the Jehovah's Witness members that I dislike'', that is an outright lie because that was who I mentioned in my first post in this topic, those who give the lonely some comfort, not some institution or organisation but those out knocking doors.

The child abuse coverups are disgusting and no person/group/institution/organisation should every be party to such heinous actions, yet so many are, do you have the same loathing dislike and disgust for other institutions that are paid rather well to protect children but instead are involved in such coverups or do you save the vitriol for jw?

You say sexist and patriarchal, others would say old fashioned, many like the ideal of love honour and obey, it is not for me but hey we all make choices.

Anyone is free to leave the jw, but leave means leave not standing in the doorway chatting to others trying to tempt them away.

I have every reason to be grateful to jw, and I am.

Maybe we should just agree to disagree, I don't think you're anger will allow that though without you trying to cast aspersions, again.

Message 88 of 96
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is amazing that this topic keeps repeating itself. Year in year out. There are no winners here, never will be. Same arguments.

so......why oh why.........

"Please do not press this button again." laughing

I wish you all good karma. heart

Message 89 of 96
See Most Recent

@0125arwen wrote:

@astrologica wrote:

'Why'...that is not an answer. It Is ducking the question. 

All religions are cults, but if i had to say which one causes least harm and actually helps the community i would say it is far and away the JW.

I think you made your stance very clear with the above - by the sound of it you have had a good experience with some good people who happen to be JWs and transferred that to JWs as an institution.

There have been very few examples of this "community help" you speak of in comparison with, for example, the Salvation Army.

As you mention in your latest posts, there are very many institutions that have covered up abuse, religious and civil.  They deserve just as much criticism and distaste as the JWs.  

Many consider me to be old fashioned but that most certainly doesn't mean I'm homophobic or believe in a patriarchal society!

You keep saying I'm angry, inferring this is something to be ashamed of.  Even the JWs are believers in righteous anger.

Message 90 of 96
See Most Recent

Whether creeky is angry or not he also has a right to his own opinion
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 91 of 96
See Most Recent

@0125arwen wrote:

@astrologica wrote:

'Why'...that is not an answer. It Is ducking the question. 

All religions are cults, but if i had to say which one causes least harm and actually helps the community i would say it is far and away the JW.

I think you made your stance very clear with the above - by the sound of it you have had a good experience with some good people who happen to be JWs and transferred that to JWs as an institution.

There have been very few examples of this "community help" you speak of in comparison with, for example, the Salvation Army.

As you mention in your latest posts, there are very many institutions that have covered up abuse, religious and civil.  They deserve just as much criticism and distaste as the JWs.  

Many consider me to be old fashioned but that most certainly doesn't mean I'm homophobic or believe in a patriarchal society!

You keep saying I'm angry, inferring this is something to be ashamed of.  Even the JWs are believers in righteous anger.

Again you are rambling on about institutions when I clearly said those that help in the community,.

Your anger leaves you blinkered, quite sad really.

You have my sympathy.

Message 92 of 96
See Most Recent

@suzieseaside wrote:
Whether creeky is angry or not he also has a right to his own opinion

As are we all.

Message 93 of 96
See Most Recent

Have fun - I just hope that you are never the victim of JW 'anger' - that would be truly sad.

Message 94 of 96
See Most Recent

Have fun - I just hope that you are never the victim of JW 'anger' - that would be truly sad.

No, that's something I don't have to worry about happening

Message 95 of 96
See Most Recent

Maybe save a thought for those who have then.

Message 96 of 96
See Most Recent