Another Huge outpouring of grief!

I feel sympathy for people who lose loved ones but l cannot understand those who protest when a known drug dealer is shot dead by police. Do they appreciate the harm inflicted by those who deal in drugs?
Message 1 of 19
See Most Recent
18 REPLIES 18

I didn't know there was a drug connection. I heard one comment that was posted on twitter, something along the lines of......'You were no angel but you didn't deserve to die that way'. Well sorry but if you deal in drugs and carry guns that's exactly what you deserve.

Man Indifferent

Message 3 of 19
See Most Recent

I hadn't heard of any drug connection either, just about guns being involved.

Message 4 of 19
See Most Recent

Several news reports mention drugs. Here's just one:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4082864/Man-shot-dead-police-sliproad-M62-pre-planned-operat...

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 19
See Most Recent

On TV they interviewed several people who knew him and they all accepted that he was a drug dealer, so matter of fact as if it was an appropriate and acceptable profession, Well I don't think so and the fact that so many do accept it is a damning indictment of our society imho. 

Message 6 of 19
See Most Recent

Often, whe some ne'er-do-well or tear-away lad ends up dead, there's loads of comments about how wonderful and caring they were, what a nice, kind, helpful and full-of-fun person they were when, reading between the lines you can see that to most people they were a confounded nuisance if not villainous?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 19
See Most Recent

When anyone decides to go down the wrong path - no one has a gun to their head to make them choose which way to go in their life - then if when they end up dead what did they expect a pat on their head for all they did. 

Message 8 of 19
See Most Recent

Even Adolf Hitler had " Friends "........that's why far more people are part of the problem and NOT part of the solution.

Message 9 of 19
See Most Recent

Apparently this person had already been charged, but cleared of trying to shoot a policeman about 4 years ago.

Clearly a bad lot.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 10 of 19
See Most Recent

So they have laid him to rest as hundreds turn out to show their support and grief.Now the fun will begin as the family seek damages for their grief and the whole thing descends into a racially motivated execution in their eyes.If someone can tell me how this clever bloke who has been pictured posing on the bonnet of a Lambourghini and looking like he enjoyed a bouyant lifestyle can be held up as a pillar of society then please do come forward and tell me why I have got this wrong. I am not in the slightest bit a racist and my comments are not Racially motivated yet anyone who disagrees is branded as such. Twitter is full of bile and bad blood between local asians and whites yet is it not realistic to defend the police who cannot win whatever they do. We already know that if the Polce complaints commission do not come out in favour of the victim all hell will break loose. So what is the answer, should we ignore the way some behave, especially the clever ones or do we tackle it head on with the support of their community? 

Message 11 of 19
See Most Recent

That lump of space rock, the size of Everest, with this Planet's name on it; is long overdue.........the human race is way past the point of redemption........not to mention it's " sell by date ".

Message 12 of 19
See Most Recent

Sorry to be a little off topic but when I demonstrated a lack of trust in my fellow citizens whilst discussing a different topic it was suggested that this was insulting.

Perhaps I have insight!

Message 13 of 19
See Most Recent

Not by me it wasn't and as far as insults are concerned, I can't think of enough of an insult; to describe a very large portion of the human race, at this moment in time.

Message 14 of 19
See Most Recent

What's happened to the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" - in this case both with regards to police action and the person who died?

How quick both those criticising the police action and the individual concerned are to jump to conclusions without any real facts.

Message 15 of 19
See Most Recent

Absolutely correct, however we do know a firearm was found in the car and intelligence suggested that the individual had been known to carry firearms. Should the police firstly wait until shot at before opening fire? There are those who see this as racially motivated, I do not, I believe anyone prepared to carry an illegal weapon knows the consequences of their action as a result of this action, that is a far greater deterrent than us footing the bill for them to be locked up in a prison from where they continue to conduct their business.
Message 16 of 19
See Most Recent

@fallen-archie wrote:
Absolutely correct, however we do know a firearm was found in the car and intelligence suggested that the individual had been known to carry firearms. Should the police firstly wait until shot at before opening fire? There are those who see this as racially motivated, I do not, I believe anyone prepared to carry an illegal weapon knows the consequences of their action as a result of this action, that is a far greater deterrent than us footing the bill for them to be locked up in a prison from where they continue to conduct their business.

Reports from the police say that a firearm was found in the car, reports suggest that this individual dealt in drugs, reports say there was police intelligence showing that he was known to carry firearms.

The only real fact we have at this time though is that he was once charged with attempted murder, a charge that was never proven.

All I'm saying is that it is premature to prejudge the outcome of the PCC enquiry and bestows no credit on those who do prejudge, (both those in support of the police and the person shot), but rather a contempt for law and order - laws which apply to both citizens and police.  I hope that the police action turns out to be justified but leave that conclusion to those in possession of all the facts and not just those printed in a newspaper.

Message 17 of 19
See Most Recent

You have to wonder if this man had been in a different part of the country with a different police force,he would probabaly be dead,have to admire the police for their calm professional actions

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/police-reveal-how-safely-ended-12427733

“I know some local residents experienced some slight disruption while we dealt with this incident and I would like to thank them for their support and cooperation, their support is vitally important to us and something we never take for granted. I would also like to thank all officers involved for their professionalism in bringing the incident to a safe conclusion.”

We are many,They are few
Message 18 of 19
See Most Recent

Bit difficult to shoot rubber bullets through glass and even more so to hit the intended target in the belt area if they are sitting in a car.

Message 19 of 19
See Most Recent