The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How did it end?

Last Sunday afternoon I was watching a program on "Yesterday" about the three secrets of Fatima. Three prophesies allegedly given to some children by the Virgin Mary. The third one is said to be so horrifying that the Vatican has not made all of it p...

Why oh Why?

As you know I love wildlife and particularly our rich and diverse collection of birds, each of whom have a place in the delicate balance that exists in our overpopulated world. Last year I was fortunate enough to see close to where I live Two of our ...

Everything is bad for you?

That is, eaten to excess? Have a read of the following news item and comment afterwards? They don't say how much you'd have to consume for it to cause a problem. It's OK saying that it caused problems with Rats but they don't say how much they were f...

User avatar by Guide
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

This will be interesting!

Surrey CC are going to hold a referendum over a proposed increase in Council Tax for 2017/18. They are proposing an increase of 15% to help continue to provide social and care services for the elderly, disabled and children. http://www.telegraph.co.u...

EBay Guides - where are they hiding?

There are a lot of useful Guides for buyers on ebay, but it seems they are hard to find these days. I have written a guide, which I know is visited, but I wonder how do people find it?Links to guides used to appear alonside search results or at the b...

Donald's Inauguration

I see President Trump's inauguration is to be shown on several TV channels on Friday afternoon, so which do you think would be the best choice of channel to watch the happy event? I'd like to think the BBC would provide decent coverage; good to have ...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Law changes for 2017?

If you were able, what changes in the Law would you make in the coming year? Me? Oh thanks for asking... First one would be, making drunks pay for wasting so much Police time in dealing with them and also making them pay for any hospital time they ta...

grin
User avatar by Guide
  • 19 replies
  • 3 kudos

I feel sorry for Jess!

Patrick ‘Pat’ Clifton is an unscrupulous ginger lothario who’s fathered all of Greendale’s children, according to a shocking new report.*Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/03/postman-pat-outed-as-sly-womaniser-who-secretly-fathered-dozens-of-child...

Another Huge outpouring of grief!

I feel sympathy for people who lose loved ones but l cannot understand those who protest when a known drug dealer is shot dead by police. Do they appreciate the harm inflicted by those who deal in drugs?

Electric Mayhem Band

My old mate EMB passed away in early November, he was much loved for his wit, his old time charm and his friendship to many, he will be missed and I would like to raise a glass and say farewell old chum till we meet again, the forums will be a colder...

User avatar by Engager
  • 22 replies
  • 4 kudos

Future developments?

The cryogenics thread has made me wonder what things or effects from sci-fi will ever become reality so what do you think will be made to "work"? We see all sorts of futuristic things but will they just remain a figment of our imagination? For a long...

User avatar by Guide
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anybody know what this means?

I've just tried to email a company but when I click on the 'contact us' button I get a pop up saying.......Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed. Any ideas?

Ridiculous return process by Power Seller. The best!

I queried an item I received but was not worth my time returning for £4. The seller responded with this... The FREE return procedure is as follows :Put the item back into the Envelope ( in which you have received it ) with a short note describing you...

Misheard lyrics.

I was listening to Bright Eyes and was reminded of my own first impressions of the line "There's a fog along the horizon". When the song was a hit, I first thought the line was "There's a foggle on the horizon" I think the most famous misheard lyric ...

laughing
User avatar by Guide
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

happy birthday

Happy Birthday     

For TIM

When I first heard this song earlier this year, I thought 'I need to let TIM hear this He loved Silent Night, this is about it So if you are still holding on or you've gone to meet Your maker This is for You wee man https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0...

Cryogenics

In the light of the court decision to allow a 14 year old girl to have her body frozen after her death, how would you all feel about doing the same thing?

Oppose the "Snooper's Charter"!

The Investigatory Powers Act or "Snoopers Charter" has been passed this week by the UK government. The new surveillance law requires web and phone companies in the UK to store everyone’s web browsing histories for 12 months and give the police, secur...

Today is........

Today is the shortest day. From now on, we can look forward to lighter mornings and evenings. Great?

User avatar by Guide
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wigwam 1970

Sorry to be the bearer of more sad tidings but Wigsy passed away back in February this year. I know that all who knew her will miss her kindness, her lovely naughty sense of humour and her friendship.R.I.P. Wigsy, til we meet again

Looked in on SPOTY?

Blimey, don't they go on? I asked "Looked in?" because heck, they're waffling and waffling on and on. People will get fed up waiting to vote and when they do open the vote, will the lines and/or the website crash?

User avatar by Guide
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos