Error - No <Item.ListingDuration> exists or <Item.ListingDuration> is specified as an empty tag in t

I am trying to upload new listings using the file template csv.

I am getting the above error, error code 10009, i have FixedPrice listings and have entered GTC in the Duration.

Everything seems fine in the template and is the same as i have done previously but i can't get it to upload.

Anybody know what i could be doing wrong?

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Error - No <Item.ListingDuration> exists or <Item.ListingDuration> is specified as an empty tag in t

Posting this solution incase it will help anyone in the future!

I noticed that my item decriptions included quote marks, I used an excel find & replace to remove them all. File is now importing error free!

I assume the CSV was reading the quotes as a seperator and moving the descrition after the quote marks into the next field.

I hope this solution can save someone several wasted hours in the future!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Only thing i can think of as you seem to be a returning seller is that you have hit your seller limit.

Ebay often throws up messages at random ,they can sometimes mean zilch and don't apply to the actual issue.

It's a bit like a 5 day girlfriend who constantly tries to tell you "ooh ,i really doooo love you " !!!

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

You have retutned to selling after a long break, and there have been big changes on eBay.  PayPal is no longer used for the receiving of payouts from sales,  eBay Manage Payments now,  and all sellers have to register for this.

You may be prevented from listing an item, because you have not fully or correctly registered with eBay's Managed Payments.

You need to provide eBay with details of a bank account and have this account verified.  The usual method here, is for eBay to send 2 micro deposits into that nominated bank account for you to receive,  and confirm to eBay.

Once this is completed,  you will be able to list items for sale,  and receive payouts from those sales.

This will show you how to register for eBay's Managed Payments.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795

If there is an issue with the registration contact eBay Customer Services,  who have full access to your account,  and can see where the issue lies and explain the steps you now need to take.

Contact them this way.

Scroll to the very bottom of the page on the link below you will be able to access eBay Customer Services  through the Contact Us link.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/search-tips/advanced-search?id=4049&query=1455&st=GENERAL_SEARCH

Lines open between 8 a.m. and 10p.m. on weekdays,  and between 9.am. and 6 p.m. on weekends.

@makemepersonalised 

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

I've already checked hte selling limits and i'm way below them.  They have been reduced to where they used to be but still plenty of head room

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

None of this applies.  I have only been off sellling for a few months.

eBay payments , etc all setup and funcitoning correclty.

I have around 100 lisitngs that have gone on so it isn't anything to do with the actual eBay account.

It seems to be the upload with variations that is causing a problem.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Posting this solution incase it will help anyone in the future!

I noticed that my item decriptions included quote marks, I used an excel find & replace to remove them all. File is now importing error free!

I assume the CSV was reading the quotes as a seperator and moving the descrition after the quote marks into the next field.

I hope this solution can save someone several wasted hours in the future!

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: