Cannot create Nectar vouchers

I keep receiving the message, 'We ran into a problem and can't create your voucher right now. Please try again later.' when trying to convert my points... Its now 'later' and nothing has changed, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 45
See Most Recent
44 REPLIES 44

Hi @rubygloom2015, thanks for your post.

I looked into this for you, and we will need to refresh your account. This request can take up to 7 days.

In the meantime, please keep an eye on the account as once it's refreshed, your accounts will become unlinked, and you will need to relink them in order to earn and redeem points on eBay.

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
Message 2 of 45
See Most Recent

I'm having the same problem get an error while trying to convert nectar points to voucher. 

Message 3 of 45
See Most Recent

Hi @stellawall,

Currently, your Nectar account isn't linked. Can you please link it and then try again.

Let me know if you encounter the same error after Nectar has been linked.

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
Message 4 of 45
See Most Recent

Anita

It wont let me re link it i have spoken to nectar tgey say its ebay at fault. I have also changed my password on nectar & deleted my cache. I have also checked with my other linked partners and tgay are working still

Phil E

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Message 5 of 45
See Most Recent

@stellawall, thanks for clarifying. This would be a different issue than the original post.

What error message are you seeing when trying to link your Nectar account?

Thanks,

Anita

Message 6 of 45
See Most Recent

Hi Anita,

I seem to be having the same issue.

it's asking me to:

Request permission to create vouchers

Please contact the primary Nectar account holder to request permission to spend points.

And have searched in all kinds of ways to do the above, but there isn't a way to...which is rather silly.

I tried unlinking my Nectar account and linking it again, but nothing.

So it may well need a "Resfresh" like the other member?

What I want to know is why this happens?

I've been able to convert vouchers fine in the past, so it's actially rather annoying I must say...

It feels like it's being done on purpose so as to stop us spending our hard earned points on purchses we want to make. 😞

Any help regarding this would be much appreciated? 🙂

Many thanks,

xmattx_mcmlxxxv

Message 7 of 45
See Most Recent

Anita not here anymore.

There's marco@ebay  and dave@ebay  is back, maybe he can help you as he's dealt with a lot of nectar problems previously.

Message 8 of 45
See Most Recent

Thanks for the tag @douglaspuglas 

Hi @xmattx_mcmlxxxv,

That error is usually an issue with the Nectar account itself. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do on this side, you will need to contact Nectar to have it fixed. 

You can contact Nectar by emailing nectar_helpline@custhelp.com or calling 0344 811 0811 (Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 8:00pm; Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am to 5:00pm)

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 9 of 45
See Most Recent

Hi, 

I have the same problem. I have tried multiple times, on my phone and on the computer. I can see my account was unlinked and then relinked (I don't recall unlinking it) but I can't create a voucher either way. 

It's very frustrating 😞

"We ran into a problem and can't create your voucher right now. Please try again later."

Message 10 of 45
See Most Recent

Mine is fixed now. Think i had to call Nectar in the end cant remember what they did though sorry.

Phil E

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Message 11 of 45
See Most Recent

I called nectar, they told me to call eBay and gave me a number that directs you to the website then cuts you off.

I managed to get through to a human at eBay via chat and she couldn't fix it. She has sent my problem on to a technical person and said I should hear back in a few days. 

I really hope I don't just get a message telling me to contact nectar.....

Message 12 of 45
See Most Recent

I'm in the same situation, I can buy things and receive points, so my account can't be unlinked surely? But can't create voucher's.

Deffo feels like an eBay issue!!

Message 13 of 45
See Most Recent

Hi All,

Ive escalated this to our Nectar team to invistigate. In the meantime, I have seen some reports on the community of this issue being resolved by contacting Nectar directly. They were able to reset and reconnected the accounts which seemed to fix the issue for some. You can find their contact information here

Once our Nectar team come back to me with an update I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 14 of 45
See Most Recent

Thanks Dave, although as it's happening to many many people, it seems to be more an eBay /nectar issue in general than an individual account issue, I can imagine thousands having the same issue but not thinking of contacting you.

But good to escalate it to your technical team so they can look into it.

Message 15 of 45
See Most Recent

Hi,
I have already contacted Nectar. They were unable to fix the problem and
told me to contact eBay.
Message 16 of 45
See Most Recent

Hi All,

The Tech Team have confirmed this is an open issue on our side. They are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Ill post here as soon as I have an update from them. In the meantime I'll keep an eye on these threads and add add any new reports to the bug report.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 17 of 45
See Most Recent

Thank you for the update Dave, good to know we are getting somewhere 👍👍

Message 18 of 45
See Most Recent

I've the same issue

Good to know you're on the case, Dave. 

Let's hope the Tech team can fix this soon

Message 19 of 45