Making high sales volumes on Ebay and the Promoted Listings Standard

This discusssion only applies the sellers on Ebay that don't sell unique / exclusive products

In fact doesn't that coment above mean that almost certianly includes you!

I have though also historically sold absolutely unique or fringe items where I decide the market price within a fair reasonable charge and not based on bumped up competative charge determined by the price of my competitors or Ebay.  I was actally able to set the price myself.  Even try to guess a starting sale price.

So assuming there are others that sell the same item and you don't want to sell only one per month lets say at a profit margin on £2.50 each month / meaning your monthly profit = £2.50 on this item in such a case.  So we don't choose to use the Promoted Listings Standard and set an Ad Rate - we have to because we already worked out we will sell one and the profit margin = this (its fixed based on the results we found on our market share of sales (one at £2.50 profit) on Ebay at the price we set for the item) its very unlikely we will sell more by raising the price.

So we set our add rate costing us £2 per item and sell instead 6 units at what after the ad rate charge leaves us with 6 x 50pence = Total £3 

We are effectively gambling against our fellow competitor working very much harder with logistics but who is the one making all the profit here - is it me ! my competitor maybe?

I am sure we all know what the answer is to that one.  

I'd love to hear your comments

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Making high sales volumes on Ebay and the Promoted Listings Standard

You should post this on Seller Central or the Business Seller Board.

You will receive some interesting comments.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got selling tools related questions? Start here: