Improving Visibility of Buyer Messages in Declined Offers.

JOHN LYNAS GRAY ORIGINAL ANTIQUE WATERCOLOUR PAINTING WOMAN & CAT COTTAGE GARDEN - manage offers  eBay - Google Chrome 18022024 180749.bmp.jpgI've noticed that when reviewing offers I've sent to buyers, there are instances where a declined offer will indicate that a potential buyer has declined but left a message. Unfortunately, these do not trigger a notification for the seller, they lack a reply option on the offer page, and are not forwarded to the seller's inbox. This often results in sellers being unaware of the buyer's message or lacking a direct means to respond, even if they discover the message on the offers page.

When sellers do not respond to potential buyers who made an effort to leave a message when declining an offer, this could convey rudeness. Moreover, it eliminates the opportunity for sellers to engage in further communication with potential buyers, potentially leading to a sale.

Would it be possible for eBay to consider updating their system to ensure that messages left when offers are declined are directly sent to the sellers' inbox? This change would enable sellers to be promptly informed of a potential buyer's message, and give them the option to reply, enhancing communication and potentially increasing sales opportunities.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @johns-auction 

Thanks for the feedback. 

I didn't realise there wasn't a notification when you receive a response with a message. Ill definitely send this to the site team to be reviewed as an improvement for future updates.

It can take quite a while for site changes to get through the process so unfortunately it could be later in the year again there is any updates on this but I will come back to you once I have something. 

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Hi @johns-auction 

Thanks for the feedback. 

I didn't realise there wasn't a notification when you receive a response with a message. Ill definitely send this to the site team to be reviewed as an improvement for future updates.

It can take quite a while for site changes to get through the process so unfortunately it could be later in the year again there is any updates on this but I will come back to you once I have something. 

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got selling tools related questions? Start here: