Can you change back to classic view on ebay UK?

I still cannot change back to classic view on ebay UK.

Can you change back to classic view?

I find the new view of the pages hard to navigate and I am thinking of leaving ebay for good if I cannot change back.

Can anyone help me change back to classic view on ebay UK.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 154
See Most Recent
153 REPLIES 153

Thanks for the info. I hope not or I am off !!!

Message 41 of 154
See Most Recent

You and lots of others...

Message 42 of 154
See Most Recent

Sellers will be leaving in droves?

―――――――――――
I should of used a verb
Message 43 of 154
See Most Recent

It seems like eBay are purposely shoting themselves in the foot.
And what with their high commission rates, when FB Marketplace is free, it does seem bonkers!

Message 44 of 154
See Most Recent

@richardmsstuff wrote:

Sellers will be leaving in droves?

Nothing would be better, get rid of the competition I say.😂

One out nearly all out with any luck with all those sellers shoting (sic) themselves in the foot making it much easier to sell for those who remain.😂

Who's the one with the grin on his face. Says he's gonna save the human race
He laughs a lot as he climbs to fame. What's his name?
Guru Banana
Message 45 of 154
See Most Recent

I think they will leave for sure.  Funny how there seems to be more
people complaining about the loss off the Classic View than those
promoting the new set up!  How difficult would it have been to have
both?  Those who sell on a "business" basis and want all kinds of added
tools and are prepared to learn how to use them all would be free to use
the new set up and those who are just wee individuals who need to sell a
few items, maybe because they are having a clear out, but haven't used
eBay for ages, would be free to use Classic View (if they left it
usable). Simples!
Message 46 of 154
See Most Recent

I agree with you, should be simple to keep both but websites are always changing unfortunately, I tried looking on f/b for a family member last night and despite being one myself I am likely never to return i hated it so much.

On the other hand I started selling odd things of my own many years ago opted for the selling manager as it was so know no different.

Who's the one with the grin on his face. Says he's gonna save the human race
He laughs a lot as he climbs to fame. What's his name?
Guru Banana
Message 47 of 154
See Most Recent

So disheartening from ebay - it's as if every change they implement makes things worse (although I recognise that it's easy to remember all the bad things implemented by ebay, rather than the good).  However, the compulsory direct payments (which is ironic given it was ebay who forced everyone to use paypal)  coupled with the user-unfriendly seller hub and inability to access 'classic' is surely going to force a load of users away from ebay.  It's as if the organisation has a death-wish and wants to make itself as unappealing as possible to users.  

Message 48 of 154
See Most Recent

It looks like its gone as of 22/4/21. Logged on this morning and was confrunted by a lot of stuff I didnt need or want. Try listing something, all the words run into each other with out spacing. Makes it look awful. They must just want you to say "item" end off. Its rubbish!

Message 49 of 154
See Most Recent

Er no seller hub is not working now as its incorperated in the new way of doing things. Go therer and it says "UH UH somethings gone wrong"

Message 50 of 154
See Most Recent

looks like we are stuck with this rubbish system now. When you try and list its a night mare. All the descriptions now run together , phots are a joke. Only rotate and crop there nothing else. Front page is so complex I thought I  had managed to change back , but no just the front page. From being brilliant its now rubbish.

Message 51 of 154
See Most Recent

Its gone . I've spent all moring getting very very angry at this. Front page so complex its a joke. Listings even worse. Dont bother with descriptions you space them correcty and they end up a jumbled mess running into each other IE. brandnewkitofanaircraft. See. awful. filled in their "what do you think surveys" got back "thanks" thats it?? good grief.

Message 52 of 154
See Most Recent

Just tried to list another kit. It seems that you have to post withing 3 days now not five. You have to turn OFF certain things or your item gets listed at what ebay thinks is best. Same as postage. So if you forget or dont know about these thins you get less and have to post it quicker. Big Bother IS watching

Message 53 of 154
See Most Recent

JUst attempted as I say to list something and if you dont agree to share listings it will not let you get out. Waste of time now. Could be teething problems? Who knows and we are paying for this dont forget.

Message 54 of 154
See Most Recent

Try listing stuff. Before, easy as pie. Now ? You are joking. It says this is the best starting price , post it for this amount, share your listing. Photos? only rotation and crop, nothing else. Its all for the phone now. It even says "remember what will your item look like on the phone" So PC users are now not needed?

Message 55 of 154
See Most Recent

It's clear that ebay are responding to declining sales volumes (if the narratives on other threads are to be believed where the consensus is that sales are down) by doing everything to improve the ebay experience for buyers; whilst making things as difficult/expensive as they can get away with for sellers.  It seems to be ebay's current philosophy is that "if we can increase buyers, then sellers will put-up with whatever we throw at them as the 'bottom line' is sales".  However, to my mind, what made ebay different/better to other online retailers and platforms was the fact that a buyer could pick-up an item that would be impossible to source elsewhere (and those buyers then went on to use ebay for other purchases and even buy stuff themselves - that's how i started on ebay back in 2003 (a different a/c to the one i'm posting under)  - yet, with the compulsory intorduction of managed payments, increased fees, removal of classic/replacement with seller hub etc. etc. , the sellers (if they're anything like me) are just not going to bother.  Whilst I've always been an ebay 'hobbyist' and bought as much as I've sold (i'd use the money i got from selling stuff I didn't want to buy stuff i didn't really need, but ebay is going to lose all of that now), it's the business sellers dependent on ebay to pay the bills i really feel sorry for as they've getting royally done-over by ebay.  I just hope it's not long before another  platform comes along that is as good as ebay was back in the early 2000s and I can use them instead.   

Message 56 of 154
See Most Recent

Such a shame other online auction sites are not, and never will be, as big as Ebay. I hate this new design.

Message 57 of 154
See Most Recent

Very true, it's regrettable that (at present) there's no viable competition to ebay in the UK.  It's also a pity that 'yah** auctions' left the UK (in 2002 according to wikipedia; as it happens i never even knew that had a presence here) as I've bought a couple of things off their Japanese site (through a proxy buyer) and, in Japan and a couple of other countries where they're operational, they seem to be really very good (no fees for starters!).  Here's hoping that they might be inclined to dip their toes into this kind of platform/market again as it might, if nothing else, prompt ebay to get their act together.  Like you, i hate the new design - and, coupled with the compulsory shift onto managed payments, it's more trouble than it's worth.  Maybe i'll have a change of heart in a few months but, right now, I just can't see myself continuing to use ebay.   

Message 58 of 154
See Most Recent

I contacted support and they switched it back for me since the 'Switch Back' option was gone.  I was also told that;

"And kindly note that in seller hub, you can go to listing menu and click on All selling page then you will get MOSTLY same lay out as classic view page".

So that's good to know since eBay are currently (April 2020) switching off Classic view in batches.

Message 59 of 154
See Most Recent

That's the trouble though, isn't it. Amazon Seller Central is as much (if not more) faff that eBay, and by utilising £1 max seller fees, I'm able to shift large quantities at a fraction of the cost of other platforms. So the dreaded "Sod it, I'm off!" philosophy doesn't work  in this case! 😟

Message 60 of 154
See Most Recent
Got selling tools related questions? Start here: