rogue buyers

Hi All

Looking for advice. Before I list items again, how do I get round the issue of knowing a buyer is going to be more trouble than theyre worth and cancelling an order? 

To clarify, in the past on ebay Ive had incredibly rude and antagonistic messages/questions from potential buyers about an item/s and  Ive given them information to the best of my ability and gone away thinking that it will be the last I hear from them. But then they suddenly buy the item the next day and I'm left thinking I know what youre going to do here.

Usually they claim the item was damaged or not as described or Ive sent them an aardvark instead of a pen. None of the above are true (unless damage can be proved with pictures which is fair enough). The constant misuse of returns is upsetting and time wasting and costs everyone money and you have to spend ages complaining about certain buyers. Why would you not describe something properly? I'm aware that apart from a buyer asking to cancel, its seen as a mark against you if you simply cancel an order. But with some people, after years of experience, I know what's coming. I understand I can block people but this only helps if I do it straightaway after a rude message etc, sometimes its not always achievable as you get busy and maybe forget  (plus how many can you block, the list would be massive)!

Is there simply not a "I dont want to send you this item as I know youre going to take the mick" button? Has anyone ever just cancelled because they know its not worth the grief? 

Thanks for any responses.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

rogue buyers

Personally I would change your user name.

I'm assuming here that the "mufc" bit stands for Manchester Unit Football Club, which in and of itself is enough to attract timewasting spoilers particulary from cfc,mcfc,nufc,thfc,  although not,ofcourse, the mighty AFC, who would never stoop so low.

As someone who cancelled an order for a Sharp TV when the company became mufc sponsors in 1982 and instead chose a JVC, I know whereof I speak, although I reserve my ire for multinational corporations and not someone trying to make a few quid on eBay, however misguided their footy allegiance might be

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

rogue buyers

As soon as they send a message that worries you add them to your blocked bidder list so they cannot buy from you. It is too late once they have bought as if you cancel they can hit you with negative feedback.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent